PDA

View Full Version : Mull of Kintyre...

gardsPNE
27-01-2014, 12:09 PM
I might be missing the obvious here but I apologise in advance if I have but why do Forest fans just before the start of each half give it some on the Mull of Kintyre. Dont get me wrong its super loud but I turned to a couple of our fans and they didnt know.

RedOno
27-01-2014, 12:35 PM
They've hi-jacked the tune, but have changed the lyrics, which are now more appropriate to Nottingham Forest.

DerbyCountyMad
27-01-2014, 01:00 PM
They've hi-jacked the tune, but have changed the lyrics, which are now more appropriate to Nottingham Forest.

It's sung for Billy because he's Scottish! Why else would an English team sing bagpipe songs!

gardsPNE
27-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Well DCM we were all stood there bemused by it all. :?

Trickytreesreds
27-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I might be missing the obvious here but I apologise in advance if I have but why do Forest fans just before the start of each half give it some on the Mull of Kintyre. Dont get me wrong its super loud but I turned to a couple of our fans and they didnt know.

Because it's "city ground, mist rolling in from the Trent" - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZp_PwWgrUI)

worcesterred
27-01-2014, 04:19 PM
And its all to do with our large connection to scottish players over the years !!!!!!!!

overtherainbow
27-01-2014, 04:27 PM
No it's not, we just latched on to the original and changed the words because it came out in our Title winning season.

KeeptheCityGround
27-01-2014, 06:26 PM

Funny that because most my sheep mates claim we don't sing it very loud which I know is bull **** because fans of all other clubs say the opposite. It's brilliant when the floodlights are on and the mist is blowing in off the Trent like when we beat the sheep 5-2. XD

dazzared60
27-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Well DCM we were all stood there bemused by it all. :?

The song has been sung at the City ground since the late 70`s.

Although you never got to hear it the other night "you've lost that loving feeling" is another, listen out for it on Feb 5th ;)

Romanis
27-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Yeah it's our anthem song, just like City's Blue Moon or Liverpool's YNWA (although I believe Celtic adopted it too and earlier).

Talking about our title winning season here's the song the players sang together with Paper Lace: - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmVTq8nKiTg)

Romanis
27-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Heck even Derby has an anthem song. It's so touching it brings a tear to the eye every time it's played at Pride Park - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBEHFFnV3RY)

Manofpride
27-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Heck even Derby has an anthem song. It's so touching it brings a tear to the eye every time it's played at Pride Park

Ha XD I think it could catch on!!!

Trickytreesreds
27-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Even I've got one, :D - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-O5IHVhWj0)

Romanis
27-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Even I've got one, :D

Lolz. I heard rumours your good pal Basie sleeps to it every night! ;D ;D

gardsPNE
27-01-2014, 10:31 PM

Funny that because most my sheep mates claim we don't sing it very loud which I know is bull **** because fans of all other clubs say the opposite. It's brilliant when the floodlights are on and the mist is blowing in off the Trent like when we beat the sheep 5-2. XD[/quote]

well from were we were sat it was very loud and the lot of you sang it. I have to say it was weird but impressive at the same time. ;D

I thought the phone camera lights were good as well and it got all fans to join in.