PDA

View Full Version : The Jack Hobbs saga is getting a bit fishy.

RedOno
27-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Hull have recalled him to cover for an injury, Ok,sobeit. Now on the news it says that Reading and Wigan are again interested in him. It doesn't add up.:?

essexred52
27-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Hull have recalled him to cover for an injury, Ok,sobeit. Now on the news it says that Reading and Wigan are again interested in him. It doesn't add up.:? hobbs can't agree personal terms with Forest that's the delay atm, I think he will play for us on loan till the end of the season at the end of this week, his contract runs out at the end of this season so Hobbs is holding out for the best deal, who can blame him, he will get a better deal come the summer as he will leave on a free.

RedOno
27-01-2014, 02:58 PM
I was told that when you visit an Arab country you argue the price of everything, because they love to haggle. I thought that they were masters of art. Obviously not, not our Fawaz, it's he who is being shown a trick or two. Just a few days of the transfer window to go and our net intake is -1.:(

Polish_ForestMad
27-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Slowing falling behind everyone else in the transfer window.look at all the quality the top 6 have bought in to have a proper go from now til the end of the season.shocking
:?

Ramstein
27-01-2014, 06:42 PM
According to the BBC, Hobbs is in talks with Reading and Wigan.

That suggests from an outsiders perspective that Hobbs and his agent are the real catalyst and wages are the key.

I can't imagine Billy Davis being to happy with this situation as I think Hobbs was viewed as a dead cert this transfer window. Big loss as I think he's one of the better centre halves in this league.

Alas money talks and again the contradictions regarding Fawaz mystifies me.

Trickytreesreds
27-01-2014, 07:02 PM

That suggests from an outsiders perspective that Hobbs and his agent are the real catalyst and wages are the key.

I can't imagine Billy Davis being to happy with this situation as I think Hobbs was viewed as a dead cert this transfer window. Big loss as I think he's one of the better centre halves in this league.

Alas money talks and again the contradictions regarding Fawaz mystifies me.

My regard on it, would imply that Fawaz may have had a gentleman's agreement in place, but has been scuppered. Extremely naive on his part if true.
Football chairmen as a rule are ruthless. If anything, I hope he's learned something from this and changes a bit of that smile, to a snarl. Arabs are a proud race, he won't be happy or impressed.

Romanis
27-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Hard to pin down but to pay Prem wages for a player even of Hobb's caliber (at this level), when you are not one or have parachute payments, sounds a very risky endeavour to me

fudgey
27-01-2014, 07:47 PM
starting to sound like hobbs or his agent or both, are having our pants down, wanting more money, but this is the way of football.

shame as i thought he was one of the proper breed of footballers not to have is head turned, but happy to be at a good club playing regular in a good side.

just maybe fawaz has had the rug pulled from him, can imagine billy will be super peed at hobbs if this is the case.

Elite_Pie
27-01-2014, 07:48 PM
My regard on it, would imply that Fawaz may have had a gentleman's agreement in place, but has been scuppered.

Maybe, but it seems it's been scuppered by the wage demands of Hobbs (or really his agent).

Why would a man of his supposed incredible wealth be beaten on price?

Trickytreesreds
27-01-2014, 07:56 PM
My regard on it, would imply that Fawaz may have had a gentleman's agreement in place, but has been scuppered.

Maybe, but it seems it's been scuppered by the wage demands of Hobbs (or really his agent).

Why would a man of his supposed incredible wealth be beaten on price?[/quote]

We can't answer that, but I believe the answer is in my point and the last two after mine.

Romanis
27-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Because it sends a wrong signal to every other player on the team

Elite_Pie
27-01-2014, 08:08 PM

Because it sends a wrong signal to every other player on the team[/quote]

Praiseworthy if that's the case, I would admire anyone who makes a stand against excessive wage demands, mainly because of the impact it has on clubs like us in the lower leagues. It's just that with FFP penalties looming next season, it really is sh!t or bust time for Fawaz. I doubt many will be praising his stance against high wages if you are still in the Championship under a transfer embargo this time next season.

Sma11ytheRam
27-01-2014, 08:14 PM
The Rafik Djebbour saga is getting a bit fishy.

Romanis
27-01-2014, 08:17 PM

As long as it doesn't end up as minced mutton, we'll be okay. >:)

Amber11
27-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Hull City fan here, I had it on very good authority that a fee for Jack had been agreed and he was happy to sign, but your Chairman was hanging the bag out with handing over the money so he was recalled due to interest from Reading and Wigan. His plan was to try and string Hull City along until the 11th hour and then try and get the player for a reduced fee. Reading have offered Jack better personal terms but he was more than happy to stay at Forest.

Trickytreesreds
27-01-2014, 08:23 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/sb37a1.gif

essexred52
27-01-2014, 09:34 PM
None of you get it do ya, Hobbs is holding out for the best deal, why would he sign a contract 4 or 5 months before his contract expires ?, Hobbs May be working with Fawaz behind closed doors so we can land him at the END of this season, we will get him on a free and give him a good deal in term of wages because we won't be paying a fee for him, Hobbs in the short term will either go out on loan or just stick at Hull till the end of this season, forget Reading and Wigan tosh, and elite why is our new sign a but fishy? seriously

essexred52
27-01-2014, 09:50 PM

Alas money talks and again the contradictions regarding Fawaz mystifies me. not got a scooby doo >:)

Elite_Pie
27-01-2014, 09:50 PM
and elite why is our new sign a but fishy? seriously

Wrong bloke mate, it wasn't me who suggested it.

essexred52
27-01-2014, 09:51 PM

Why would a man of his supposed incredible wealth be beaten on price?[/quote] oh dear dear dear :(

essexred52
27-01-2014, 09:53 PM
and elite why is our new sign a but fishy? seriously

Wrong bloke mate, it wasn't me who suggested it.[/quote] my bad

UpTheRams1884
28-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Leicester have bidded for Hobbs. XD XD

RedOno
28-01-2014, 01:25 PM

At least it can be said that Derby wont be doing,unless someone has a whip round or raids the piggy bank.XD

essexred52
28-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Leicester have bidded for Hobbs. XD XD don't believe what you see on Facebook as the truth UTR's ;)

i961pie
28-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Hull have recalled him to cover for an injury, Ok,sobeit. Now on the news it says that Reading and Wigan are again interested in him. It doesn't add up.:? hobbs can't agree personal terms with Forest that's the delay atm, I think he will play for us on loan till the end of the season at the end of this week, his contract runs out at the end of this season so Hobbs is holding out for the best deal, who can blame him, he will get a better deal come the summer as he will leave on a free.[/quote]

But why did Fawaz on his tv interview with Nat Jackson say he had got Hobbs till the end of the season and he had paid a fee? The last bit is baffling.

Polish_ForestMad
28-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Have they?lol.not according to Bruce.only forest reading and Wigan have bid.epic fail