PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening Footymad?

Woking88
27-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I think that most of us appreciate that Footymad has undergone some changes recently and we do not expect everything to happen at once, but

1) Why are you showing the 'like it' button when it clearly is not working? Will it ever work again? If so when and if not, please remove it?

2) Some people have tried to change their avatars and then lost their previous one, leaving them with no avatar. This must be very frustrating. When is this going to be fixed?

Just a bit curious so thought I would ask! :/

wolves71
27-01-2014, 03:19 PM
I know on WBA mad that Donny has confirmed that "Beat The Manager" is no longer running due to problems after the upgrade.

WOODLANDSWOLF
27-01-2014, 03:29 PM
[quote="wolves71" is no longer running due to problems after the upgrade.[/quote]

I just saw that as well. :blue: Used to enjoy a dabble both on ours and theirs. I was flying on theirs for a while, just forecast them to loose every game. Money for old rope.

wolves71
27-01-2014, 03:30 PM
I just saw that as well. :blue: Used to enjoy a dabble both on ours and theirs. I was flying on theirs for a while, just forecast them to loose every game. Money for old rope.

I've done it for a few years woody, never done again good but adds interest.

Robus
27-01-2014, 04:06 PM
I get the feeling that the Footymad gurus are tapped out--have reached the limits of their resources, their technical competence, their give-a-damn; or that the platform is so archaic it cannot be fixed. What we have might be what we are going to get. I wouldn't be surprised if it blew up one of these days.

Woking88
27-01-2014, 04:14 PM
I get the feeling that the Footymad gurus are tapped out--have reached the limits of their resources, their technical competence, their give-a-damn; or that the platform is so archaic it cannot be fixed. What we have might be what we are going to get. I wouldn't be surprised if it blew up one of these days.

It may end up whizzing around the universe, making farting noises like an escaped party balloon!!! XD XD XD

TundraWolf
27-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Are you suggesting, Wokes, that Big Brother is full of hot air?

Your first post contains valid questions that deserve to be answered, hopefully we will receive satisfactory replies, but I am not holding my breath!

wolves71
05-02-2014, 06:33 PM
A couple of things i've notice over past few weeks is if a poster decides to copy and paste a paragraph or an article, the scripting is all over the place, question marks appear. If a poster tries to put a A £ sign in his/her post, the letter A appears. Strange happenings on here.

Woking88
05-02-2014, 07:00 PM
A couple of things i've notice over past few weeks is if a poster decides to copy and paste a paragraph or an article, the scripting is all over the place, question marks appear. If a poster tries to put a A £ sign in his/her post, the letter A appears. Strange happenings on here.

Absolutely right, Gav. Also, it can sometimes take far too long to get back to 'Forum Home'.

Compared to most other similar sites, this has been particularly good in the past. I just wish that Footymad could get the system up and running properly again! :/

Woking88
05-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Oh, and the avatar thing still seems to be a failure. I wonder why Footymad don't issue a statement telling us what is going on with all of this? :blue: