PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting disillusiooooned ...

RedOno
28-01-2014, 10:19 AM
... with professional sport. I've never liked the idea that you have to pay someone to play for your team and if someone will pay him more then he'll go elsewhere. The same has happened to cricket. Once upon time you could only play for your team if you were born in the county. Now over the past few years Notts have built their side with lads from Leics and Northants so we cant grumble if in football it's one way traffic to the likes of Chelsea etc. Even if Shaun Derry does great things at Notts County he wont be there long. I think I'll go back to rambling in Derbyshire.

rodred
28-01-2014, 10:30 AM
You're already rambling !!

i961pie
28-01-2014, 11:34 AM
... with professional sport. I've never liked the idea that you have to pay someone to play for your team and if someone will pay him more then he'll go elsewhere. The same has happened to cricket. Once upon time you could only play for your team if you were born in the county. Now over the past few years Notts have built their side with lads from Leics and Northants so we cant grumble if in football it's one way traffic to the likes of Chelsea etc. Even if Shaun Derry does great things at Notts County he wont be there long. I think I'll go back to rambling in Derbyshire.

That must be many years ago with the cricket, I remember as far back to the 60s and only Yorkshire had that rule.

RedOno
28-01-2014, 12:43 PM
It was like that at Notts prior to Dooland and Goonesena and after that it was only a handful from other counties until recently, now I've lost track of the ins and outs.

Romanis
28-01-2014, 09:20 PM
With multiple IDs, some are suggesting you're going delusional as well! ;D ;D