PDA

View Full Version : 'Well in the red again

jwok
28-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Despite the best league place in years and Champions League and Europa league games, we still suffered a loss (AŁ180,498).

It's not easy! - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/well_in_the_red_again_822693/index.shtml)

RedStarTorphins
28-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Despite the best league place in years and Champions League and Europa league games, we still suffered a loss (AŁ180,498).

It's not easy!

Perhaps if the hammer thrower that is Shaun Hutchinson donated money to the club each time he halfed an opponent, you'd be back in the black

dosser1
28-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Away back to yer sheep sha--ing you don't know what yer talking about .Trying reading Bill Leckies column in the Sun on Monday where he says "just because a player gets injured doesn't mean it's a foul " ye ken :?

steviex
28-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Does seriously make me question why we bother as a club cos lets be frank we aint ever gonna better last year for generating cash. Part time football would seem to the the only future for us. We already run one of the smallest squads in the league and we still make considerable loses. Those loses also take into account the unexpected money we got for Celtics CL efforts and a plum tie at Ibrox. Other than winning a cup I cannot perceive of any situation where we can turn a profit unless we get good transfer money and that never happens.

Grim times ahead on those figures.

steviex
28-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Despite the best league place in years and Champions League and Europa league games, we still suffered a loss (AA?180,498).

It's not easy!

Perhaps if the hammer thrower that is Shaun Hutchinson donated money to the club each time he halfed an opponent, you'd be back in the black[/quote]

Dry yer eyes then try opening them ya clown.

elf
28-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Apparently Puma are looking for a Scottish team to give A?30m a year to on a 5 year deal.
C'mon Leanne, get your marketing team to give them a ring.

wellin
28-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Ah, your back are you. I see the two player's that were caught with a follow through and an accidental elbow are going to be fit for your next game. Big hutchie maybe never threw the hammer hard enough, eh. Away and stop greetin like a shower of big lassies, its a mans game ffs.

LawSteelman
28-01-2014, 06:08 PM
This goes to show how much our pathetic Cup efforts over the past two years affect us. For those who say 'aye but the cup isn't our bread and butter the league is more important' well the club are now talking about stopping season ticket holders getting free entry to the ahem 'first' cup game of the tournament at Fir Park in order to recover some of the money lost thanks to our dismal performances of late in Cup competition.

McCall and the players should be docked wages in order to help the club recover some of the losses given their dismal efforts against Aberdeen and Albion Rovers.

wellowell
28-01-2014, 06:14 PM
POT KETTLE BLACK spring to mind have you forgotten about the over the ball tackle in the cup game ye thought so it wasn't even a foul on Saturday never mind a red card won the ball

Wellup4it
28-01-2014, 07:27 PM
It will be an interesting shareholders meeting on 17 February. I've thought for some time, that we would be asked to pay for cup ties and whilst I don't like the idea, it would help to limit our losses in such games. We must be just about the only club in the Premiership that gives its season ticket holders a cup game free gratis. I wouldn't want to see expensive cup packages, as used by other clubs, introduced though.

Sup3rw3ll
28-01-2014, 07:41 PM
There was an agreement to alter the distribution of the SPL's commercial pot that included a substantial reduction in the prize money allocated to the runner up position but the club's bonus deal with the football staff did not mirror that change.

-- Why was it not changed? The bonus contract would have be agreed on the previous prize money allotment. With prize money changing, the original bonus agreement would no longer stand on the new prize money values surely?

The early cup exits proved to be costly. Although we had a share of the gate at Ibrox from the league Cup tie, the cut Aberdeen received from our home Scottish Cup clash was made on the basis that all spectators paid at the gate regardless that season tickets were valid. This benefit to season ticket holders appears to be under threat.

-- The cups should only ever be considered extra income to the league and should not be banked on progression... even by the first round. By doing so you are effectively

RedStarTorphins
28-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Ah, your back are you. I see the two player's that were caught with a follow through and an accidental elbow are going to be fit for your next game. Big hutchie maybe never threw the hammer hard enough, eh. Away and stop greetin like a shower of big lassies, its a mans game ffs.

Clueless clown...playing in the next game?
Ryan Jack is out for two months with damage to the tissue of his hip in two places.
Hutchinson is a proven hammer thrower as his laughable disciplinary record proves

sieb1886
28-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Not paying for the first cup-tie, and no season ticket increase for 3 years ... sensible or what?

sieb1886
28-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Gie's peace and get back to humpin yer wee sister ...

LawSteelman
28-01-2014, 09:57 PM

Clueless clown...playing in the next game?
Ryan Jack is out for two months with damage to the tissue of his hip in two places.
Hutchinson is a proven hammer thrower as his laughable disciplinary record proves[/quote]

Dry yer eyes ffs. It's a man's game, therefore sometimes you'll see some heavy or even nasty challenges. Ie. yer man Neil Simpson who done Ian Durrant all those years ago which Aberdeen fans still celebrate to this day. If you can't handle opposition players putting in solid tackles during a match then I suggest you start following another sport.

wellin
28-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Well if he's out for two months that's contrary to what was reported today. Anyway, i suggest you go and kiss it better for him. With all the greetin you lot are doing i think you should take up tiddly winks. Injuries are part and parcel of football. Now go away and get over yourself.

Yazz
28-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Hutchinson is a proven hammer thrower as his laughable disciplinary record proves

And what of the chest high challenge that resulted in your very late equaliser ? Pot kettle black - now go back to mutton rimming ;D

neillyboy
28-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Go on lads...you tell this mutton molesting tosspot.

bheron
29-01-2014, 12:41 AM
I can't believe a subject and post as serious as this has turned into a slanging match about a tackle.

Our finances are dire, and we are in real danger of ending up in administration sometime in the next few years unless it changes.

I don't think it will change, and as suggested in a previous post, I think we may end up part time, or even out the game,

stoneyatvt
29-01-2014, 10:17 AM
it just shows the club cant trust the louder people amongst our support.

remember all the great claims of fans returning when we stood strong and ensured justice was done with rangers.

how all these stay away fans were gonna come out of the woodwork and come to games.

sure looks like that was a pile of twaddle.

Despite probably the best few years in decades our crowds are falling to around 4k or less.
I would imagine that came as a surprise to the board.
and of course we were all up in arms wanting players brought in over the summer to continue the quest to finish second/top six.

as fans we gotta take some of the blame for wanting too much from our club while we know how low our core support is.

So maybe it is soon gonna be time to be realistic and expect to finish a bit lower in the league with a poorer quality of player to watch as , put simply, its all we can afford.

Wellup4it
29-01-2014, 06:37 PM
it just shows the club cant trust the louder people amongst our support.

remember all the great claims of fans returning when we stood strong and ensured justice was done with rangers.

how all these stay away fans were gonna come out of the woodwork and come to games.

sure looks like that was a pile of twaddle.

Sadly that was always going to be the case. Its easy to threaten to take immediate action but its more difficult to take long term sustained action. That said there are fans who remain true to their word and despite buying season tickets pay their way into some games for example or help the club financially in other ways.

skippy91
30-01-2014, 11:43 PM
I was one of those fans that "came out of the wood work". The last time i bought a season ticket pre Sevco 1690 Fc was 1987. As a result of the plea by my club to purchase a season ticket to help elevate the potential fallout from the demise of Rangers fc (don't misunderstand me i fully agreed with the way the situation with Rfc was handed and they brought it all on themselves). However, I purchased a season ticket for The DC stand and took advantaged of the two free under 16 tickets now into the 2nd season, I have taken two old firm mates (one smeltic & one Sevco) sons along. One is now a fanatical Well fan much to the disgust of his faither (Smeltic) the other is swaying. I previously attended FP on a semi frequent basis each season perhaps 5-10 games each year. The season tickets are great value perhaps an increase is warrented, but just not enough fans have responded to what has been perhaps one of the best prelonged periods in recent history (The Rovers game excluded) without actu