PDA

View Full Version : Should Barkley Be Risked For Liverpool Game?

alan_stubbs
28-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Personally I say 'no'. I'd rather Ross Barkley was given more time to heal %100 than throw him into such a game, and risk losing him for even longer. And let's be honest, you just know that Goofy Magoo will be running around stomping on the feet of any Player in a blue shirt :/

Roberto Martinez: 'Ross Barkley could have injection to face Liverpool'.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez has said that midfielder Ross Barkley could play in tonight's Merseyside derby at Liverpool.

The 20-year-old has not featured for the Toffees since picking up a toe injury in the 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers on January 4.

Barkley will undergo a late fitness test ahead of the Anfield clash and may receive a pain-relieving injection if he is involved.

"He might have an injection because the injury will allow that, but what we can't afford is to lose him for a longer period," Martinez explained.

"So it is a possibility he could have an injection but, it's a blessing not

BigAlBall12
28-01-2014, 05:26 PM
doesn't sound as though his injury has healed,so I agree don't play him.

Agree about the cheating racist stomping on his feet too.Hope somebody stomps on his ugly grid !

Petingo
28-01-2014, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't risk him from the start if there is s achance he will aggravate his injury and miss even more games.

Different if it was later in the season but there is still a long way to go and we have too much to play for to elevate the derby above our future prospects.

Everton_Freak
28-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Would love to see Barkley unleashed against their joke of a defence. But I agree...***** player for me. If he's on the bench it could be a morale booster. Bobby knows what he's doing.

alan_stubbs
28-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Would love to see Barkley unleashed against their joke of a defence.

[color=navy]
Unfortunately it was our defence that turned out to be the joke :blue:

Everton_Freak
28-01-2014, 11:19 PM
True. Three defenders against three attackers doesn't really go does it...

Looked sharp tonight but still reckon we should rest him against Villa ahead of the important match against Spurs.