PDA

View Full Version : Stevenage Game Off

Cragle
28-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Tonight's game postponed due to waterlogged pitch

alexmick
29-01-2014, 12:02 PM

The thing that really concerned me yesterday was the fact that no mention was made of the 12 noon pitch inspection on the OS. There was plenty of other news, including an article by the manager on his thoughts ahead of the game, but absolutely nothing to warn fans that they may have to abandon their travel arrangements. I only found out about the planned pitch inspection from a poster on Facebook. Luckily, that person had seen this news elsewhere and had delayed his travelling arrangements. I just wonder if some poor soul had set off early on that long journey?

ShropshireAlex
29-01-2014, 03:00 PM

The thing that really concerned me yesterday was the fact that no mention was made of the 12 noon pitch inspection on the OS. There was plenty of other news, including an article by the manager on his thoughts ahead of the game, but absolutely nothing to warn fans that they may have to abandon their travel arrangements. I only found out about the planned pitch inspection from a poster on Facebook. Luckily, that person had seen this news elsewhere and had delayed his travelling arrangements. I just wonder if some poor soul had set off early on that long journey?[/quote]

But it was on the OS, from about 11.30, together with the thoughts for the match that wasn't as you say. I saw it, and was waiting for the outcome - saw references on Twitter feed to it having been seen as well, and to the time after it was scheduled for 12 for the outco

whosbrianwilson
29-01-2014, 03:06 PM

The thing that really concerned me yesterday was the fact that no mention was made of the 12 noon pitch inspection on the OS. There was plenty of other news, including an article by the manager on his thoughts ahead of the game, but absolutely nothing to warn fans that they may have to abandon their travel arrangements. I only found out about the planned pitch inspection from a poster on Facebook. Luckily, that person had seen this news elsewhere and had delayed his travelling arrangements. I just wonder if some poor soul had set off early on that long journey?[/quote]

And it was on Radio Joke as well as the Stokeinel website.

Not sure what else the club could do tbh.

It wasn't as if we didn't expect it. With the rain we've had, I think anyone who set off for Stevenage without checking first was asking for trouble.

alexmick
29-01-2014, 04:41 PM

It wasn't as if we didn't expect it. With the rain we've had, I think anyone who set off for Stevenage without chec

alexmick
29-01-2014, 04:54 PM

It wasn't as if we didn't expect it. With the rain we've had, I think

ShropshireAlex
29-01-2014, 05:05 PM

It wasn't as if we didn

whosbrianwilson
29-01-2014, 05:13 PM

It wasn't as if we didn

Teammoo
29-01-2014, 06:40 PM
I have now been informed by someone actually connected with the club that the message relating to the planned pitch inspection was indeed on the OS. So I apologise for my mistake and now perhaps an eye test is due.

You havn't been the ref at a few of our recent games have you? Or is your real Adcock?

NEVTHEDEV
29-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Whats the weather like in SW Cheshire,its raining all the time in Shrewsbury,the river has swallowed the footpaths and car parks as usual.
Just wondering about Saturday,as I noticed the Vile`s game was off last night,and our pitch has gone back to a mire near the main stand again.
Hope the pitch inspection is early. B)

NEVTHEDEV
29-01-2014, 07:10 PM

Not sure what