PDA

View Full Version : Yeovil match thread

hantsram
28-01-2014, 08:29 PM
0-2 down :(

McLaren will need to earn his crust at half time.

triz
28-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I know we have been all over them, but that is a shocking scoreline.Ive always rated that miller though.

hantsram
28-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Ward on for Eustace at HT.

triz
28-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Booed off at half time. I despair sometimes, what a bunch off ****ers.

hantsram
28-01-2014, 08:54 PM
1-2 Bamford header on 49. Great start.

triz
28-01-2014, 08:55 PM
BAM!!

DerbyCountyMad
28-01-2014, 09:04 PM

Who? players or supporters!

swaledale
28-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Mm how can we be so in charge and yet 2-1 down? Yes our fans do seem to overlook reality, we are losing so we must be crap?????

I had this down as a potential banana skin, Yeovil have had some very odd results.

swaledale
28-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Get in!!!!

hantsram
28-01-2014, 09:40 PM
3-2 GET IN!!!!

hantsram
28-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Wish I was in Derby tonight. Must've been the best game of the season. Nothing like a couple of goals in Fergie time to send you home happy.

OntarianRam
28-01-2014, 09:41 PM
What a win! Incredible. And now an 11 point gap from 7th.

Outstanding. B)

triz
28-01-2014, 09:43 PM

Who? players or supporters![/quote]

supporters mate, what a bunch of mugs. Hope they are suitably ashamed now

StensonRam
28-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Working away this week and currently sat in a premier inn with 5 tv Chandler and no wifi, what's the score, did we win?

DerbyCountyMad
28-01-2014, 09:52 PM

supporters mate, what a bunch of mugs. Hope they are suitably ashamed now[/quote]

Bet the ones who booed missed the last two goals anyway! XD

StensonRam
28-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Channels, crap phone keyboard

hantsram
28-01-2014, 09:54 PM
This is the sort of thing that happens in a Promo season. Feeling good.

swaledale
28-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Well it just shows what a difference this coaching team has made, in the past we would have folded for sure!

D_D
28-01-2014, 10:28 PM

supporters mate, what a bunch of mugs. Hope they are suitably ashamed now[/quote]

I didn't boo myself, but I'm quite certain people booing around me were booing the referee. It started following Martin not being awarded a penalty, and us being given advantage, only for a second later, the ref to ignore it and let them come up the other end and score...

chelmsfordram
28-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Well it just shows what a difference this coaching team has made, in the past we would have folded for sure!

Whilst I'm man enough to admit that some members of our squad have improved under McClaren,I still think he's riding his luck at times.
These positive substitutions are are great to see,but when it goes wrong we still look awful in defence.Not saying he won't he improve things further,but the snide " I told you so " digs at Clough are abit tiresome.Cloughs moved on and so should we,making comparisons all the time is only spoiling the ride we're on.Let it go swale and enjoy the ride.By the way I'm not looking for any sort of argument,we are doing better under Steve,I just get bored with reading all the digs ( not just yours ). We should all be positive and moving forward as one. COYR.

Ramondo
28-01-2014, 11:25 PM

I didn't boo myself, but I'm quite certain people booing around me were booing the referee. It started following Martin not being awarded a penalty, and us being given advantage, only for a second later, the ref to ignore it and let them come up the other end and score...[/quote]

I thought some were booing the ref but I'd say quite a few automatically boo if we're losing, regardless of the performance.

However, I don't think anyone can blame the ref for the goal. They still had a lot of work and ground to cover to score the second and it's up to the players to prevent the chance, they didn't do that and tha

triz
28-01-2014, 11:28 PM

I didn't boo myself, but I'm quite certain people booing around me were booing the referee. It started following Martin not being awarded a penalty, and us being given advantage, only for a second later, the ref to ignore it and let them come up the other end and score...[/quote]

if that is the case i retract my comments

Sma11ytheRam
28-01-2014, 11:32 PM

Ii think the booing was aimed at the ref for playing advantage to us for them to run away and score. Also for not giving a definite penalty.

blackandwhite56
28-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Great to have a manager with the balls to go for it. Can't believe people want to have a moan ( or boo)when we are doing so well.

Hats off to Gary Johnson and Yeovil - he certainly chose the right tactics and gave it a good go. Two big forwards prepared to run at our CBs.

DCFC95
29-01-2014, 12:30 AM

Never mind, should have read the rest of the thread first!

superam1963
29-01-2014, 10:23 AM
I agree Triz, defo booing the team around where I was, £10 plastics who wouldn't have a clue about how to support the team and think they only play every fortnight. >:(

ellafella
29-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Definitely booing the ref; for once I actually thought Martin was clearly fouled in the box. Ref played a daft advantage and moments later Yeovil score a 2nd.

Echo Bloomer's comments about the Yeovil fans but Derby were totally dominant throughout and the score could have been 6 or 7. Some of Derby's football 2nd half was like razor wire through a vat of butter.

Pat Bamford has Premier class oozing out of every pore and orifice. And to think the Red Dogs sold him for a million (Great work Agent McClaren :s )

lewyman633
29-01-2014, 02:22 PM
I just wish that Martin would just get up and stop moaning Think refs are getting wise to his antics now. Anyway with our history with penaltys, I'm not sure I actually want them to get one.
Also massive respect to the Yeovil fans (I know there wasn't many) but a 400 odd mile round trip on a wet Tuesday night deserves credit

D_D
29-01-2014, 03:40 PM
I just wish that Martin would just get up and stop moaning Think refs are getting wise to his antics now. Anyway with our history with penaltys, I'm not sure I actually want them to get one.
Also massive respect to the Yeovil fans (I know there wasn't many) but a 400 odd mile round trip on a wet Tuesday night deserves credit

I have to disagree with this, and say it's the other way around. Martin is a very clever player, who regularly posititons himself well, leading to a defender coming through the back of him. He doesn't dive, he draws fouls.

Referees have agendas against certain players. Savage was a good example. Whilst other players were constantly warned first, he only had to commit 1 foul to get booked. Referees have looked at the discipline stats, seen Martin is far and away the most fouled player, and decided it isn't right. His reputation, which he has been unfairly given, now proceeds him, and he gets foule

swaledale
29-01-2014, 10:57 PM

Whilst I'm man enough to admit that some members of our squad have improved under McClaren,I still think he's riding his luck at times.
These positive substitutions are are great to see,but when it goes wrong we still look awful in defence.Not saying he won't he improve things further,but the snide " I told you so " digs at Clough are abit tiresome.Cloughs moved on and so should we,making comparisons all the time is only spoiling the ride we're on.Let it go swale and enjoy the ride.By the way I'm not looking for any sort of argument,we are doing better under Steve,I just get bored with reading all the digs ( not just yours ). We should all be positive and moving forward as one. COYR.[/quote]

I don't disagree with moving on from our former manager, i've sworn not to menti