PDA

View Full Version : D_D's Player Ratings vs. Yeovil

D_D
28-01-2014, 11:07 PM
On paper a comofortable 2-0 would be a better result, but there's no better feeling in football than what we got tonight, winning it late with a 2-goal turnaround. Here's the ratings:

Grant 6- Couldn't have done anything about the goals, and made a smart save to his right. Other than that, he was rarely tested. His distribution could have been better.

Wisdom 7- A couple of sloppy passes but generally played well, and bombed on when needed. Particularly in the first half, his link up with Will and Bamford was very good.

Keogh 4- Was that Keogh or his devoid of confidence and strength twin brother? I'm guessing the latter, because Keogh was very poor tonight. Absolutely dominated by Miller for his goal, and constantly playing silly passes which put his teammates in trouble. Lets hope this was a one of for Richard, who has otherwise been excellent since his return.

Buxton 7- With his new beard, Jake had a steady game. he won a fair amount of headers, which in itself is very impressive

triz
28-01-2014, 11:16 PM
nice round up again DD

D_D
28-01-2014, 11:17 PM
nice round up again DD

Cheers Triz, I'm logging out and finding shelter before Angry reads Eustace's grade... XD

su4eranio
28-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Keogh cost us 2 goals in 2 games now. Honestly think Bucko has consistently over shadowed Keogh this season.

Dawkins showed plenty of control and pace on the ball. Would like to see him go outside a bit more, just so he's not so predictable. I like him tho, and is a real threat

Bamford grabbed his goal and sublime effort on the post. To be a little critical...like Hughes, very one footed. But what a left foot eh?

I thought Bry was more on it tonight than of late, and not just cos of a goal and assist. More energy to his play tonighy.

Hughes once again looked a class above to me. My MOTM

Martin...when we'd made our last sub, I said to the guys round me, Shteeeeve must know something, cos why has he not subbed Martin. A very poor 93 mins. But have to forgive that for his minute of magic!

I really love the way our mgmt arent afraid to go for a game. And we have plan B now in a 442

Great game tonight. COYR

UpTheRams1884
29-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Dawkins MOTM imo

ellafella
29-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Another fine analysis D_D but if I may say so you've gone a little Tony Hatch so if I might throw my 4 pennorth in:
Grant: 8
A very commanding performance from Granty. I felt last night that we finally have a commanding figure between the posts. And D_D neglected to mention the fine finger-tipped save from the goal-bound header that had deflected en route off Captain Keogh. It looked like Yeovil's third and it would have been a 'good night Vienna' for Derby had Grant not somehow got a millimetre of index finger on it, given that it was 15 minutes into the 2nd half and still 0-2. I thought his distribution was also an excellent mixture of kicks/throws apart from one hospital pass to Forsyth. Also loved Grant's full-time celebration with the South Stand. One of Grant's better nights and could not be faulted for either goal, although he will be disappointed to be beaten by Ishmael Miller's acute angle shot from the left.
Wisdom : 8
An excellent performance. This guy is eni