PDA

View Full Version : This site is no longer fit for purpose

ellafella
29-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Just typed out my player ratings from last night in response to D_D's. It took me over an hour with constant shimmering of the reply space. Finally posted and guess what? Yes...****ing lost. I give up. :s

D_D
29-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Just typed out my player ratings from last night in response to D_D's. It took me over an hour with constant shimmering of the reply space. Finally posted and guess what? Yes...****ing lost. I give up. :s

A shame to hear Ella! I always look forward to your posts. For me, the site is currently working fine. Can I ask what platform you're using to access/contribute to the site?

If you can be ****d to type them up again, I'd like to read your ratings and opinions!

ellafella
29-01-2014, 03:55 PM

A shame to hear Ella! I always look forward to your posts. For me, the site is currently working fine. Can I ask what platform you're using to access/contribute to the site?

If you can be ****d to type them up again, I'd like to read your ratings and opinions![/quote]

Thanks D_D. That's very good encouragement. I will endeavour to do so this evening. I was using Internet Explorer I believe on Windows 7. :s

blackandwhite56
29-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Have to agree with Ella, to do this has taken 5 loadings of site and change of internet software.

The basics are not working. It will be a great shame if regular posters drift away because of this since the banter is better than other sites.

It seems to slow up during the day.

It worked better before. Plenty of messageboards work fine . It ought to be possible to do something. But another period off whilst the servers or whatever are sorted could be fatal to peoples willingness to persevere.

( Chrome kept failing so switched to internet explorer, which is a crap programme by other standards)

Rapid
29-01-2014, 04:39 PM

you mean you don't 'copy' your text before you hit the 'post' button ella? school boy error!

anything that's taken me longer than a minute to type (which ain't much to be fair) I always copy. saved me a fair few times.

chris311080
29-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I Havnt found any probs when loggin in or using the board through Firefox or iPad etc
Would be useful to see if there is a link between the fault and internet exploring software

ellafella
29-01-2014, 07:19 PM

you mean you don't 'copy' your text before you hit the 'post' button ella? school boy error!

anything that's taken me longer than a minute to type (which ain't much to be fair) I always copy. saved me a fair few times.[/quote]

Normally I type it in Word and then copy...so good advice Rapid. :s

AngryRam
29-01-2014, 07:41 PM
To be honest I think we have all been patient with the site... I dont know if someone is working on the problems in the background but if they are they should bleedin tell us.
It's almost impossible to post on my ipad.. And I now suffer from epilepsy as the thing jumps round like a loony.
I like this site and the posters (Bstand aside).. but I will only give it another couple of weeks then wont waste my time anymore.
>:)

triz
29-01-2014, 07:41 PM

when that happens to me, sometimes it works if you press back and it'll take you back to your post then copy it to be safe. But really ella an hour? wow.

ellafella
29-01-2014, 09:03 PM

when that happens to me, sometimes it works if you press back and it'll take you back to your post then copy it to be safe. But really ella an hour? wow.[/quote]

Brilliance takes time Triz. :s

sheeeeeeeeeep
29-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I Havnt found any probs when loggin in or using the board through Firefox or iPad etc
Would be useful to see if there is a link between the fault and internet exploring software

What browser do you use on ipad? Because it certainly is not working right on safari and that is one of the reasons I hardly post anymore.

Ramondo
29-01-2014, 10:31 PM
I haven't posted much for quite a few months but that has been down to other commitments, not technical issues.
I either use Firefox on my desktop or laptop, or Safari on my iPad - which I'm using for this post. Firefox works fine for me and the only issue I've found with Safari is occasionally it can be slow to load certain pages and often jumps about for a few seconds when each page loads but it isn't causing me a problem. It's not a new iPad of version of Safari either.

So not sure why some users are having more trouble than others.

bigmattvdcfc
29-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Not having any problems now with this site.

Using Chrome on a new comp though, so don't know if that is having anything to do with it?

blackandwhite56
30-01-2014, 09:18 AM
The problems are intermittent and not consistent and that may make it harder to sort.

I have problems with both Chrome and IE but am going to reinstall Firefox and see what that does.

But lets be clear the problems that some of experience are real even though some don't seem to get these problems. The existence of these problems is not acceptable and the users with the problems are not to blame. A few months ago the site worked much better and we don't get these problems on other sites we use.

Ironically the only other site to cause me real problems ( though different problems - mainly slowness ) is the DCFC website.

And why is this site working fine this morning, no problems posting or editing?????

blackandwhite56
30-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Is it coincidence that the ads down the sides of the screen are not in operation at the moment?

Rattea
30-01-2014, 10:22 AM

There has been a time out for years!

Either back arrow and copy it or just copy it before you post if you have been logged on a long time!

Pretty simple way to get round it.

I have developers that have the same problem with many systems. Its the only way not to lock people out when others want to use the system.