PDA

View Full Version : Easy preparation Italian food.

nonsuchmike
29-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Walking up and down the aisles in our revamped village Co-op recently I couldn't help noticing some new Italian food lines.

Bound to be more expensive than the Sainsbury's local across the High Street I thought. But no, there was a wonderful range of filled pasta and other add-in sauces for spaghett/shapes. I tried a couple of the filled ones - you just bung them in boiling water for a few minutes, and it does enough for two of you - for only A?4.00 for two, and they were great.

So next time I was in I bought four of them, scoffed one whole packet completely by myself and shared a mushroom and cheese one with the Misses today; two more still in the freezer. And still we have a couple of tubs of different sauce for the weird and wonderful pasta shapes that you can buy. Plus I get me Co-op points.

Makes a change from burgers, hot dogs or Buck Rarebit.

nonsuchmike
29-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Sorry, I've tried twice to edit out the A? and put in a pound sign, but I have given up. The computer wants to put me into common speak. Is this a sign of the times, when even your output is rewritten by a computer? Probably.

BlueAdder
29-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Tap start button
Type intl.cpl into search box and tap enter
Select keyboards
make sure your default keyboard reads English (United Kingdom) or similar and apply.
Should sort it.

Southerndown
29-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Italian food is a nightmare for me now, pasta, pizza, spaghetti/lasagne; gluten free versions are pretty p!ss poor!
Shame I used to love it, particularly the excellent little Italian up in Wimbledon Village.