PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Prices Must Rise..

steviex
29-01-2014, 05:31 PM
The attempt to keep prices low and attract more fans has failed miserably. I know its not popular but the time has come for prices to rise. That rise may need to be as high as AŁ60 - AŁ80 based on the season ticket numbers. Afraid the die hard fans who can afford it are going to have to shoulder it cos yer Johhny come lately's have had more incentives thrown at them than I care to remember and they still don't come back.

The incentives must stop now for all but the kids and prices must rise. I realise that may price some out but those who can pay will need to pick up the tab cos this society ownership is never gonna deliver anything (sorry to p1ss on anyone parade).

There could be an AŁ80 levy onto season ticket prices across the board. Fans pay usual ST price and pay a levy at AŁ10 a month by direct debit. We can no longer run the club to attract those hard up or who can't afford it. I know that's really harsh but there are plenty things in life we all miss out on because we can't

elf
29-01-2014, 05:55 PM
How about we give them a better product to watch and get some proper sponsorship into the game up here.
Chicken & Egg scenario...

steviex
29-01-2014, 06:00 PM
How about we give them a better product to watch and get some proper sponsorship into the game up here.
Chicken & Egg scenario...

A better product to watch ?? christ compared to some of the p1sh Ive watched over 40 years we are world beaters right now.

We could sign Ronaldo and Messi and we'd sell out their first game and the first p1ssin wet staturday in february we'd be back to 4000 punters.

elf
29-01-2014, 06:06 PM
I didn't mean us, meant the whole of scottish fitba.

Wellup4it
29-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I didn't mean us, meant the whole of scottish fitba.

Current standards are no worse than they've been in the past. Just what level would you aim for? English Championship standard?

No season ticket prices have to rise and we should start paying for cup games as most Scottish Premiership fans do.

jwok
29-01-2014, 06:50 PM
I agree with the principles you outline but given that the ownership of the club is inevitably going to be with the Society (there really is no alternative unless you can supply another benevolent sugar daddy)I suggest a chunk of the season ticket increase be viewed as a partial payment for Society membership.

After a few years most season ticket holders will be Society members and we'll have built up enough of a pot to act as the club's short term overdraft facility.

sailorhuntersghost
29-01-2014, 06:59 PM
i said there would be regret over the rangers debacle folk can say what they want but its been folly

steviex
29-01-2014, 09:38 PM
i said there would be regret over the rangers debacle folk can say what they want but its been folly

Us St Mirren and Killie would always have been hardest hit through loss of Raqngers fans due to proximity that doesnt mean the wrong decision was made. Corruption and cheating should not have been over looked just cos it was Rangers. As it was every rule in the book was broken to allow them into the Scottish League.

To listen to you you'd think we never made a loss when Rangers were in the top league.

sieb1886
29-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Correct - even when Sevco were in the big boys league we still lost money.
Can't blame them for us going out this season's cups early doors. Christ, we couldn't even beat the worst ever team they've had the season before last in the cup.

capilano_well
29-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Football is an option to attend - it's not a must. To add ?60 -?80 to a season ticket would be disastrous. Many fans would just say 'no'. Football is way over-priced at the moment. I would simply walk away and spend Saturday's with my family. Would I miss the football? No, but I'd miss seeing my friends. I suspect that there are many fans like me. So I think the club has to be very careful.

I do like the idea of tickets covering a number of games - that would be very appealing as, let's be honest, most season ticket holders are not able to attend every home game.

Rather than simply increasing prices, clubs need to become creative - away fan revenue could be generated through linking season tickets with clubs and allowing fans in to an away ground for, say, ?10, if they have a season ticket with an away club.

steviex
29-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Football is an option to attend - it's not a must. To add ?60 -?80 to a season ticket would be disastrous. Many fans would just say 'no'. Football is way over-priced at the moment. I would simply walk away and spend Saturday's with my family. Would I miss the football? No, but I'd miss seeing my friends. I suspect that there are many fans like me. So I think the club has to be very careful.

I do like the idea of tickets covering a number of games - that would be very appealing as, let's be honest, most season ticket holders are not able to attend every home game.

Rather than simply increasing prices, clubs need to become creative - away fan revenue could be generated through linking season tickets with clubs and allowing fans in to an away ground for, say, ?10, if they have a season ticket with an away club.

I dont think it would be a disaster. The fans that go now are pretty much the diehards they would pay it if the optio

Wellup4it
30-01-2014, 07:27 AM

A good idea and one which MFC had tried to promote but a few other Premiership clubs simply won't agree to it. For it to succeed, other clubs would need to participate and the some of the bigger clubs are dead set against it.

sailorhuntersghost
30-01-2014, 02:04 PM
cos Stuart McCall is a dry ****

sieb1886
30-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Sensible response SHG (not); as usual !! XD