PDA

View Full Version : Heavy rain Friday

PAULCAFC
29-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Looks like torrential forecast all day Friday so what is the state of our pitch right now, could be a possible postponement for Sat's match?

AlexLeicester
30-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Part of the pitch re-laying involved, I believe, a serious re-vamp of the drainage system. So far, and taking into account the threadbare turf 'under' the main stand, the lack of decisive action to introduce portholes in the brick wall or even perspex roofing, I have seen no sign that it has been effective.

We need a game on Saturday - and by 'we' I mean the team as well as those of us chomping at the bit for a day out.

alexmick
30-01-2014, 11:12 AM
The omens don't look good considering an inch of rain is due to fall on Friday. I see that the Sheffield game was postponed on Wednesday evening and they are a "big" club and have no doubt spent heavily over the years to get a top playing surface and intricate drainage system. What chance our pitch surviving the weather? Would playing the "roof" over the playing surface help (the plastic covers) or am I having another one of my senior moments?

AlexLeicester
30-01-2014, 11:51 AM
I am no agronomist, but I think Mick has a point here. If the covers went on - at a slope like a tent allowing the rainfall to run off to the far sides, and hopefully away - and were then removed very early Saturday morning to let the light onto the grass, then surely the surface would be playable?

Maybe it's fanciful, but we definitely need this game to be on.

alexmick
30-01-2014, 12:01 PM
I am no agronomist, but I think Mick has a point here. If the covers went on - at a slope like a tent allowing the rainfall to run off to the far sides, and hopefully away - and were then removed very early Saturday morning to let the light onto the grass, then surely the surface would be playable?

I just don't want a Saturday afternoon at the shops. I want a football match to watch. Get that tent up right away. ;)

whosbrianwilson
30-01-2014, 12:01 PM

I'm no expert either, but it can't be so easy or else 8 or 9 games wouldn't have been called off this week already.

ChalkDust
30-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Upto at least 6 hours rain tomorrow and heavy showers for Saturday and you make ask questions about the pitch come KO.

I know my team Faddily FC are having a pitch inspection on Friday which on some parts of our pitch it already saturated.

RenegadeDS
31-01-2014, 08:44 AM
The pitch looked touch and go by the end of the McDons game too.

whosbrianwilson
31-01-2014, 09:23 AM

Praying for rain PTS? :D :D

Bladesboywoodhouse
31-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Any update on the pitch, Not looking good with all the rain.

RenegadeDS
31-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Praying for rain PTS? :D :D[/quote]

Like the cup draw, I have foreseen it.