PDA

View Full Version : FA Youth Cup

chiswickmart
29-01-2014, 09:54 PM
No mention of your game tonight?

Thought you were going to win this. But losing 3-1 at home to Charlton?

Dirtyweasel
29-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Not enough academy graduates in the team against Arsenal last night for your liking then?

Mocking our youth set up - only a GLCT would be so moronic. Priceless XD XD XD

Grannie64
30-01-2014, 07:49 AM
I was at the game last night, and well done Charlton. They came with a plan to put 9 behind the ball and play on the counter. They were also a very big and physical group who out muscled our lads.
They scored early from their first set piece, the rest of the half was evenly matched. Second half much the same until Saints equalised. Two quick breakaway goals late on. Killed the game off. We lacked a physical threat, the problem of being successful in bringing players through. Unlike the last round where the opposition rolled over, Charlton did us physically.
It was also nice having both groups of fans mixed together. There was a lot of good humour on show.
Again Jake Hesketh and Josh Sims stood out for me. Harry Isted the goalie seems to have been watching Boruc to much.

chiswickmart
30-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Not enough academy graduates in the team against Arsenal last night for your liking then?

Calm down Rosie, I wasn't mocking your youth set up, I was mocking your ability to win anything. Doesn't seem to matter how much cash you throw at things, you just don't have that winning mentality.

Grannie64
30-01-2014, 11:27 AM

Calm down Rosie, I wasn't mocking your youth set up, I was mocking your ability to win anything. Doesn't seem to matter how much cash you throw at things, you just don't have that winning mentality.[/quote]

Another moronic and pointless come back from a witless GLCT supporter, one win and you think you going to make the playoffs..Portsmyth in the making...when will one of your youth team that capitulated in the last round going to make your first team?

chiswickmart
30-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Ok Grannie, you went to the game and are still a little sore, I'll give you that. But that's a very funny response.

Play offs? Who mentioned that?

By the way, one of those 'capitulatees' has already played for the first team (Whatmough).

PapaLazarou
30-01-2014, 01:29 PM
More bitching from down the road about the unfairness of it all..

http://i57.tinypic.com/1zfiu7d.jpg

#lowlypo**ey - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/q5yuccm)

Grannie64
30-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Ok Grannie, you went to the game and are still a little sore, I'll give you that. But that's a very funny response.

Play offs? Who mentioned that?

By the way, one of those 'capitulatees' has already played for the first team (Whatmough).

Not sore at all,also went and watched the capitulation and only one of them has made your first team, and I bet he was not just in to make up the numbers. Our squad Tuesday night had five academy products, four starting and not one looked out of place.