PDA

View Full Version : Wanderers coach bets on team to lose against QPR...

campo21
29-01-2014, 10:14 PM
BOLTON Wanderers have launched an investigation after one of their coaches appeared to breach FA rules and bet on Whites to lose against QPR on Tuesday.

According to his Facebook account, Wanderers Academy strength and conditioning coach Matthew Dewhurst won A£231.59 after betting A£6 on a nine-match accumulator bet, which included Wanderers to lose their match at Loftus Road.

The 23-year-olda€™s win apparently became known when he posted a status on Facebook.

FA rules prohibit all club staff from gambling on any match the club participates in.

Wanderers said they were dealing with the matter internally and refused to confirm whether Mr Dewhurst had broken club rules.

When asked whether club staff were allowed to bet on football games, the spokesman added: a€œIt depends at what level the staff are.a€

There is no suggestion that Mr Dewhurst tried to influence the result of the match and he declined to speak to The Bolton News.

Mr Dewhursta€™s win was revealed when he post

campo21
29-01-2014, 10:18 PM
I bet the players,freedman,gartside and davies had a bet on us losing aswell,the only ones who still put a bet on us winning are the supporters or as gartside calls us the numpteys.

klassnic
30-01-2014, 12:52 AM
campo as fans he is rightwe are numptys especially the ones who won't stand up and say no

I'm not going to support BWFC until Gartside gets removed or walks and a credible chairman is place on the throne.

whats happening at our club other fans especially LFC or Man UTD or Man City would not stand for it

Why do you think the turn your backs on the club in the stands came from and the attacks and anger came from

would the liverpool docker put up with this on issues, would the miners put up with this scenario over the pits No

they was fighting against the government

Gartside is no where as powerful as the government nor is eddie davies

I think gartside has something on davies which could be incriminating

I hope I'm wrong but no one would still employ a chairman to lose money like he has unless its a plan to asset strip the club from within its bricks and morter

Sorry I feel like this and I don't mean to insult my own bwfc supporters but your standing by watching the club being

Whatsmore
30-01-2014, 06:49 AM
fans at the moment don't seem angry enough at whats going on demonstrate against the club that's a shame imo what will have to happen for us to stand up and be counted similar to Blackburn fans over the running of their club.plus if gartside did stepdown brett warburton if he stepped in would lead us into more decline than gartside ever could:blue: :blue:

klassnic
30-01-2014, 10:39 AM
I agree with you whatmore totally !

campo21
30-01-2014, 08:38 PM
It almost feels that the fan's have given up on the club because they feel nothing will ever change at the top so what's the point of protesting and getting the banners out!

klassnic
31-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Correct Campo thats why by not turning up and demonstrating in the town centre and by keeping away

will cause friction in the boards room as the contracter for consumers and other outsourced activities will demand a refund due to the trouble at the helm

and remember nobody else in those field will enter a tender without guarentees of foot traffic buying programmes food drinks merchandise

the whole small revenue streams all start to dry up when they dry up players ask for transfer requests agents and players avoid the chairman

the chairman then is starved from investment

the owner wants to cut his losses before the dusters have to come in to clean the cobwebs

that fans power

have enough of you out there got the bottle to stand up for what is right for the club and it ain't the chairman to still be there.

something so simple to do make a big affect on the people in charge.

this is not like striking in a factory and losing out on your wages.

The fans are paying indirectly the w

JimmyJazz64
31-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Back to the OP - the thick count knew the rules - they are blindingly obvious - yet he chose to do it and then boast about it on Facebook!!! Total stupidity!!! Even though our result was obvious before kick off :blue:

Anyway, matters not, he's gone now. Serves him right imo!!