PDA

View Full Version : Danny Fox

PapaLazarou
30-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Official, he joins Nottingham Forest - been rumbling for a while, that one..

So, another LB coming in or will Targett be stepping up to the plate ?

PapaLazarou
30-01-2014, 11:44 AM
To add..

On loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

PapaLazarou
30-01-2014, 11:47 AM
[quote=Saints FC]Danny Fox initially moves to the City Ground on loan until the end of the season, with the move set to become permanent in the summer.

Fox spent two-and-a-half years at St Marys, having moved from Burnley shortly after the start of the 2011/12 season.

The Scotland international made 43 appearances in his first campaign on the south coast as Saints won promotion to the Premier League, where he had spent time with his previous club.

He started as Southamptons first-choice left-back upon our return to the top flight, scoring his first goal for the Club in a heavy defeat at Arsenal in September 2012.

However, the emergence of Luke Shaw meant opportunities became more and more limited for Fox as the season went on, although he did rack up 20 appearances over the course of the campaign as Saints secured their Premier League status for the following season.

Starts have been few and far between for the left-back in the 2013/14 campaign, and he now departs St Marys having

saintwayne
30-01-2014, 12:19 PM
I was never a fan of his, even in the Championship he was our weakest link imo but certainly nowhere near PL level. For a defender his sense of positioning is astonishingly bad, and he lacks the pace to make up for that deficiency.

That said, he played his part in our return to the PL, and I wish him all the best at Forest.

CostaBaz
30-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Well, if it needed confirming, I guess Shaw is going no where.

Not sure if the management are that confident, in Targett, as I don't think he has even had a call up to bench duty, for the cup games.

I think Clyne will be cover for Luke, when he picks up his next injury/illness.

Moosel
30-01-2014, 02:28 PM
why would you want Fox to replace Harding? we made that mistake, Harding imho although not as good going forward was certainly a more solid defender than Fox

Pentridge
30-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Poor old Dan Harding, he must feel like the bloke whose girlfriends keep keeting shagged by his best mate.

Moosel
30-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Poor old Dan Harding, he must feel like the bloke whose girlfriends keep keeting shagged by his best mate.
Wayne Bridge?

Pentridge
30-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Wayne Bridge?[/quote]

Ryan Giggs, oh hang on, that was his brother..

harvey_7
30-01-2014, 03:13 PM
I will always thank him for what he done or us in the championship I think it was 16 odd assists B)! He always tried his best for us in the prem but unfortunately he just isn't quite good enough, but I wish him all the best in the future :)!

Joffyw
30-01-2014, 07:11 PM
So reading between the lines we all wish DF the best...the result of which will be a Forest purchase and non return of DF ;D

He did whip some decent crosses/free kicks in for SRL back in the lower divs so grateful for that in fairness to him.

Dirtyweasel
30-01-2014, 07:17 PM
One of the best bits of business we've done in this window.

You'll be missed Danny - good luck and best wishes in the lower leagues B)

Brockley_Jack
30-01-2014, 07:46 PM
I'll go with the thanks Foxy and all the best line as he certainly tried for us, but for all intents and purposes he was a liability and it's not a bad thing that he'll not wear the shirt again.

I wonder how Ads will cope now his best mate has done one?

proclaimer
01-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Can't fault his effort but was never going any further with us imo, squad cover at best. Good move for both parties.