PDA

View Full Version : Boscombe

John_Ridley
30-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Off of down to Boscombe tomorrow afternoon for a game which will be called off of when I'm down there and so I'll be needing things to do.

Any ideas?

Apart from The Goat & Tricycle in B'mouth any decent RAT establishments?*

I might try and find this ****...

*I'm actually staying in Poole which I liked when I visited there last summer, and I think is less crap than B'mouth. Though I of never been to B'mouth so I may be doing it a disservice. But if the game is on I will of to be in Boscombe for a while. - view external link (www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2408834/Paul-Gascoigne-perches-precariously-tiny-ledge-cleans-windows.html)

deezel
30-01-2014, 12:45 PM
my only memory of Bournemouth is of a steep hill, mind you i could be getting mixed up with Torquay

there seemed to be a nice RATbeer establishment right on the quayside at Poole from addled memory

John_Ridley
30-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Oh aye, I'm sorted for Poole tbf deez, cheers though.

It's more the Bournemouth/Boscombe RAT dives I'm after.

I've been informed by ken that Boscombe is an "absolute ****ing ****hole" and that Bournemouth itself is not much better.

Just thought I'd see if I could get some other opinions other than that marvellous endorsement.

deezel
30-01-2014, 01:16 PM
seem to recall a big international trade centre/show area which is best avoided with the better pubs being away from (up the hill?) the touristy front

Floppy_funbags
30-01-2014, 02:19 PM
I of never been to Boscombe so I can't of said that*. Deffo true of Bournemouth though, the dullest town in England.

* Actually I could of said anything last Friday after that 6.5% stuff tbf.

kel_
30-01-2014, 02:21 PM
I like Bournemouth tbf.

AndoverPFC
30-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Boscombe beach is good, Bournemouth isn't anything to get excited about these days but it's ok.

We have an office in Bournemouth so if you need to know where some particular pub is get my number of Kenny and I'll text you the details.

Stop off in Andover on your way home and I'll meet you for a beer.

Floppy_funbags
30-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Aye it's proper beach weather right now.

Ridders, divvent forget to pack yer Speedos.

John_Ridley
30-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Andover it is then. Beauuuuuuutiful. I'll textordinate with Kendo.

I remember stopping off of at old boozer near Andover about 5 years ago on me way back from Dorset. I think it was about to close then, so probably gone now. Ale on stillage behind the bar, ran by an old couple who were really scathing about the locals who were all millionaires but frequented another pub further up the road in the village.

Your game likely to be off of Andover? Fratton's one off of the first to go down there innit? I went to a Leicester match down there that were flooded off of.

AndoverPFC
30-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Quite possibly Ridders, more heavy rain forecast for the area tomorrow.

I remember our game against you at Fratton that resembled water polo rather than football, you won 2-0, apparently the ref said to Paul Merson that, when you were leading 1-0, if Pompey equalised he would abandon the match, you *******s went and scored again though!

Floppy_funbags
31-01-2014, 09:12 AM
There'll be nee textordinating at the mo because me phone decided to gan tits up* last neet. I of got to take it down to the shop this morning so that some spotty nerd can hopefully make it work again.

*Yes I of tried turning it off and on again. Numerous times.

griff
31-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Did a text from off of kel kill it?

If you need to make a claim, let me know.

Floppy_funbags
31-01-2014, 11:19 AM
I were playing Clash Off Of The Clans when it karked it in the middle off of a battle.*

*I were winning too, which were a bit of a pisser.

moorlad
31-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Clash off of the clans?

Floppy_funbags
31-01-2014, 11:38 AM
That's correct.

moorlad
31-01-2014, 11:41 AM
What is it? Like Rob Roy and stuff?

Floppy_funbags
31-01-2014, 11:44 AM
No. More like dungeons and dragons, you'd love it.

paula_m
01-02-2014, 02:51 AM
There'll be nee textordinating at the mo because me phone decided to gan tits up* last neet. I of got to take it down to the shop this morning so that some spotty nerd can hopefully make it work again.

*Yes I of tried turning it off and on again. Numerous times.

I've got a couple of old/spare phones if you want to borrow one if the 'spotty nerd' can't fix yours.

Funnily enough I was only reading about Boscombe & Bournemouth today as I'm reading Amanda Holden's autobiography, it seems she was brought up down there. We went to Bournemouth for the day when we visited his cousin in Southampton a couple of years ago, I remember we had a walk in a park where there was a big hot air balloon & we sat on the grass listening to a jazz band playing, then went for a walk along the prom & had coffee in a little cafe.. boiling hot day too B)