PDA

View Full Version : YES AT LAST GOOD BYE SAUL DEENEY

UpTheRams1884
30-01-2014, 01:30 PM
#dcfc goalkeeper Saul Deeney has had his contract cancelled by mutual agreement - full story to follow on OS:

ABOUT TIME.

roger_ramjet
30-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Time to panic - we must be down to our last 13 goalies now.

Seriously though, that must save 50k off the annual wage budget. Guess he will sign for the Blunts next week as an unrestricted free agent.

RamFromCornwall
30-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Three games in five years for us, just scraped more than 100 games in a 14 year career so far. What a quiet, boring career by a footballer's standard.

CornwallRam
30-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Three games in five years for us, just scraped more than 100 games in a 14 year career so far. What a quiet, boring career by a footballer's standard.

I'd swap it for my 0 professional games in my 46 years though.

Interesting though, I can remember Nigel signing three non-league 'development' players. Jake Buxton has worked his danglies off to become a good Championship level defender, Ben Pringle has dropped down a couple of divisions, but is now playing so well that he is attracting Championship scouts and Saul Deeney has apparently been happy to sit around and take the money. I can't help feeling that if he'd have had anything about him he'd have been trying to engineer a move to a League 2 club to prove that he can actually play a bit (disclaimer - assuming that he hasn't actually been doing that on the quiet).

RamFromCornwall
30-01-2014, 04:58 PM

I'd swap it for my 0 professional games in my 46 years though.

Interesting though, I can remember Nigel signing three non-league 'development' players. Jake Buxton has worked his danglies off to become a good Championship level defender, Ben Pringle has dropped down a couple of divisions, but is now playing so well that he is attracting Championship scouts and Saul Deeney has apparently been happy to sit around and take the money. I can't help feeling that if he'd have had anything about him he'd have been trying to engineer a move to a League 2 club to prove that he can actually play a bit (disclaimer - assuming that he hasn't actually been doing that on the quiet).[/quote]

Well so would I obviously, but if given the chance a

hamster83
30-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Agreed never quite got my head around derby signing him, why he's remained at the club for so long and why he has just to be a bystander for five years. I doubt he is even good enough to be playing conference football. How can he be any good if he was playing for Arnold town before signing for us. Don't know all the in and outs but surely he should have looked at gettin first team football else where even if it meant droppin down a few league.

I can see him ending up at Ilkeston or somewhere like that.

southernram22
30-01-2014, 09:35 PM
another one bites the dust ben davies next.

Rapid
31-01-2014, 11:26 AM
almost as pointless as conor doyle.