PDA

View Full Version : Transfer rumour - Matt Briggs

RostokMcSponge
31-01-2014, 01:34 PM
This one came to me in a roundabout way... a Fulham fan followed me on Twitter (which I very rarely use) and re-tweeted that FourFourTwo had linked us with a loan deal for Fulham's Matt Briggs.

He's a pacy defender (left back) allegedly, though he's not set the heather alight whilst playing for Fulham.

I have no idea if there's anything to it, but it adds a tiny bit of interest to an otherwise quiet deadline day ;) - view external link (http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/first-team/matthew-briggs)

RostokMcSponge
31-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Hmmm, now I've spotted this from the Beeb's deadline day coverage...

BBC Scotland's John Barnes
"Don't expect any transfer actvity at @MotherwellFC today."

... it's not looking like it had any truth to it (or it fell through for some reason - like the fact we're skint)

steviex
31-01-2014, 03:46 PM
We dont need to waste any money on transfer deadline day. We aint gonna get relegated and european football costs us money so why waste money at this time when we don't need to.

wellowell
31-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Only possible signing would be a keeper as nielsen could cost us money by slipping down league as never comes for a ball but rather than do that I would just like to see McCall have some balls and play the young boy as he surely cant be any worse

Sup3rw3ll
31-01-2014, 06:54 PM
i can only assume that matt would have filled in for shawn as a 6 month loan if he was sold.

looks like shawn will also now have his contract ran down to nothing, so no need for matt.

firparkloony
31-01-2014, 08:00 PM
This one came to me in a roundabout way... a Fulham fan followed me on Twitter (which I very rarely use) and re-tweeted that FourFourTwo had linked us with a loan deal for Fulham's Matt Briggs.

He's a pacy defender (left back) allegedly, though he's not set the heather alight whilst playing for Fulham.

Can he play in goals!

I have no idea if there's anything to it, but it adds a tiny bit of interest to an otherwise quiet deadline day ;)

sieb1886
31-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Hutchie's already done a 'hand-shake deal' with his future club. By doing so, that club don't put any cash out for him in this window. He sees the benefit as they can pay a bigger wage. Guess the losers? Yep, you got it ... MFC !
Don't be surprised when he now picks up a number of strange 'niggles n injuries' forcing him out of the team more regularly.

meister1991
01-02-2014, 01:36 PM
He doesn't need niggles -he'll miss through suspension. His disciplinary record aint great.