PDA

View Full Version : QUEENS MATCH POSTERS

topfitter
31-01-2014, 05:21 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/beu5j4.jpg

Nice effort from John and the Trust to promote QUEEN OF THE SOUTH FC by producing and getting displayed match Posters :D :D :D

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
31-01-2014, 06:33 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/beu5j4.jpg

Nice effort from John and the Trust to promote QUEEN OF THE SOUTH FC by producing and getting displayed match Posters :D :D :D

After watching Queens for over a half century can't recall Queens playing with blue and white socks. They were usually red and black ! I could be wrong but there will be someone who will keep us right !

topfitter
31-01-2014, 07:13 PM
QOS_MAD_ADMIN , surely even the most cynical and pernickety of Queens Fans will appreciate there is some artistic licence used in the poster,,, or then again perhaps an attempt at promoting "OUR CLUB" will be decried, that would be so sad :( :( :(

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
31-01-2014, 07:21 PM
[quote="topfitter" will be decried, that would be so sad :( :( :([/quote]

Why are you sensitive to such an innocent observation of historical importance ?

I NEVER decry any attempt to promote MY CLUB so kindly wind your kneck in !

topfitter
31-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Did you read and understand my post, no inference to you was made or implied, however you will be well aware how positive posts can be spoilt on this Forum.

Wind your neck in comments like you made above hardly worthy of an ADMIN.

I have nothing to "wind my neck in" for in my opinion,,,,another thread ruined,,,,,

aloreburn
31-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Ruined by your good self Andy .

Chill out

JTulip
31-01-2014, 10:57 PM
In reply to admin lots of old photos of queens were sourced for the artist and many of the action shots and team photos clearly show blue and white stripey socks and some other photos do show the black and red socks that you mention. I would post some of the old photos on here but I don't know how.

Thanks to all those on Facebook for the many 'likes' and sharing of the poster and the many positive comments. The response it has had in the last 24 hours has been fantastic with the Trust website getting double its previous record number of hits.

Please visit the trust website for further info on the artist and the posters and how you can help by either letting us know of places to display posters or by joining / rejoining the Trust. Many thanks.

www.queenstrust.org - view external link (www.queenstrust.org)

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
01-02-2014, 09:05 AM
In reply to admin lots of old photos of queens were sourced for the artist and many of the action shots and team photos clearly show blue and white stripey socks and some other photos do show the black and red socks that you mention. I would post some of the old photos on here but I don't know how.

Thanks to all those on Facebook for the many 'likes' and sharing of the poster and the many positive comments. The response it has had in the last 24 hours has been fantastic with the Trust website getting double its previous record number of hits.

Please visit the trust website for further info on the artist and the posters and how you can help by either letting us know of places to display posters or by joining / rejoining the Trust. Many thanks.

www.queenstrust.org

No reason to doubt the accuracy of the photos JT - my memory is fading with advancing years.

Out of interest have you any idea what seasons/era/dates the stripey socks w

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
01-02-2014, 09:29 AM

www.queenstrust.org

No reason to doubt the accuracy of the photos JT - my memory is fading with advancing years.

Out of interest have you

GiroGeorge
01-02-2014, 09:58 AM
queens wore the blue and white socks as per the poster from the early 30's to the early 50's with the exception of a couple of years when they wore the black with red top bands
if you go on to historical kits you can see for yourself
i would put the link up but dont know how to do it

louisxiv
01-02-2014, 10:04 AM
I do.

Nice poster btw. - view external link (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Queen_of_the_South/Queen_of_the_South.htm)

hotrod
01-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Well done to the trust I think the posters are great and well done on promoting the club.

I never read an apology from Admin.

no wonder this site is dead.

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
01-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Well done to the trust I think the posters are great and well done on promoting the club.

I never read an apology from Admin.

no wonder this site is dead.t

Apology for what Rod

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
01-02-2014, 11:01 AM
I do.

Nice poster btw.

Thanks Louis - that clears everything up nicely !

arrol1919
03-02-2014, 04:20 PM
I think the posters look great .

It's a cheap and effective way to advertise the games . :D

blazerman
04-02-2014, 04:29 AM
Great venture well done to all involved.As the trust website states the more Queens fans that join the more ventures like this they can achieve.
Would it be possible to create a list of all outlets displaying posters on the trust website and on this thread?

JTulip
04-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Thanks louisxiv, hot rod, arrol1919 and blazerman for your positive comments on the posters.

Having a list is a great idea and after reading that suggestion I just managed to get a place for a poster by telling the firm that they will also get a mention on the Trust website. Will get the list up as soon as possible. If anyone else knows of any places for posters please contact us.

The match poster for the Dundee game will be the same design as above but there will hopefully be a new design for the Dumbarton game (which i am really looking forward to seeing) so we can then give the posters a bit of variety rather than use the same one for every game.

Please get in touch with more places for the posters to be displayed and please get in touch re joining the trust, we really do need more members to show support for what we are trying to do. Thank you.

Palmyman
04-02-2014, 03:58 PM
the latest photo of a Queens team in striped socks I have in my collection is 1951 - 52

ALBERTZ_11
04-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Let's start a campaign to go back to blue and white hooped socks. Well smart and never noticed them before on the HFK Queen of the South website page.

JTulip
06-02-2014, 10:30 AM
A new page has now been added to Queens Trust Website - Posters.

This gives a list of all companies and organisations displaying posters so far. Hope to add more soon. Many thanks to all that have helped.

http://queenstrust.org/?page_id=221 - view external link (http://queenstrust.org/?page_id=221)

palmylad
08-02-2014, 08:06 AM

www.queenstrust.org

Here you go JTulip >>>>>

http://i60.tinypic.com/29ff71s.jpg

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
08-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Thanks louisxiv, hot rod, arrol1919 and blazerman for your positive comments on the posters.

Having a list is a great idea and after reading that suggestion I just managed to get a place for a poster by telling the firm that they will also get a mention on the Trust website. Will get the list up as soon as possible. If anyone else knows of any places for posters please contact us.

The match poster for the Dundee game will be the same design as above but there will hopefully be a new design for the Dumbarton game (which i am really looking forward to seeing) so we can then give the posters a bit of variety rather than use the same one for every game.

Please get in touch with more places for the posters to be displayed and please get in touch re joining the trust, we really do need more members to show support for what we are trying to do. Thank you.

Would it be possible to have a PDF file placed on the Trust website so that individ

JTulip
09-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Admin, I have added you to the list I have for emailing out the posters.
I have just sent the next one to you five mins ago.
Any problems just let me know. Thanks.

arrol1919
13-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Have you printed posters for this weekends game ...?

JTulip
13-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi Arrol1919 thanks for the enquiry.

The new matchday poster for the Queens v Dundee game was in shops on Tuesday and also being shared on facebook.

The Trust have had great feedback to the posters and many new places have been in contact this week to let us know that they would be happy to display them.

The latest poster can be seen on the trust website along with an updated list of places that the poster is being displayed.

Thanks to everyone that has been in touch to help. Here is hoping for a bumper crowd this Saturday.

C'mon the Queens! - view external link (http://queenstrust.org/?m=201402)

topfitter
13-02-2014, 09:27 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2e36ds0.jpg

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE !!!! BEAT THE LEADERS ROUND 2

JRSLEFTPEG
18-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Got to say that these posters are very classy looking and eye-catching . I would empathise 'eye-catching' as that is exactly what you want in a poster and some people may well attend the games now that wouldn't otherwise because the game date is implanted in their brain. So impressed I was that I took one off the Gates notice board ( after the game) and got it framed for the back room of house.

topfitter
18-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Watch out for the next poster,,,coming soon, may well have a new design. Sure JTulip will keep us updated :D

aloreburn
22-02-2014, 10:53 AM
When will the next posters be available ?

JTulip
22-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Poster for Dumbarton game will be on the trust website, Facebook and sent to those on email list on Monday. Posters delivered to shops and pubs on Tuesday.

Still looking for more places to display the posters if anyone knows of anywhere please get in touch. Many thanks.

JRSLEFTPEG
22-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Poster for Dumbarton game will be on the trust website, Facebook and sent to those on email list on Monday. Posters delivered to shops and pubs on Tuesday.

Still looking for more places to display the posters if anyone knows of anywhere please get in touch. Many thanks. Has the next poster got a new design and if so , can someone put it on here ?

JTulip
22-02-2014, 08:39 PM
The poster looks like it will have a new design. I will get it from the artist sometime tomorrow. If its not to late when i receive it I will post links to it tomorrow evening.

Please, please support the Queens Trust and the things we are trying to do to promote and support the club by becoming a member of the Queens Trust.

Paying for Trust membership by direct debit works out at only AŁ0.84 a month if working or AŁ0.42 a month if not working AND all members joining in 2014 are in with a chance to win season tickets for next season!

We have further ideas and things we would like to do but without greater support for the Trust it will be very difficult.

JRSLEFTPEG
22-02-2014, 08:51 PM
You guys are doing a great job Joe . I will pay my yearly membership on Saturday but who to ?

JTulip
22-02-2014, 09:38 PM
JR, that's great many thanks.

Sorry if it sounded like it was a plea directed at you to join it was meant to be a call to all queens fans!

Happy to meet you before the game. Maybe in the Arena cafe. Please email joetulip1919@hotmail.co.uk and we can arrange. Thanks again.

JRSLEFTPEG
22-02-2014, 09:58 PM
I am working to 2.30 Joe but will definitely be at door of Queens arena if thats ok at 2.50.

JTulip
22-02-2014, 10:29 PM
That's perfect. Cheers JR.

Anybody else that would like to join please do get in touch.

joetulip1919@hotmail.co.uk

Link below to the Queens Trust website for more info. - view external link (http://queenstrust.org/)

Truthhurts
09-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Who is involved with the posters these days?

JTulip
10-11-2019, 11:28 AM
The Queens Trust currently sponsor the posters.
The Trust no longer design or distribute the posters.