PDA

View Full Version : Brian McDermott

RamFromCornwall
31-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Just sacked as Leeds manager, Gianluca Festa, a third tier Italian manager is the 4/11 favourite. What a bizarre decision.

tricky1972
31-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Just sacked as Leeds manager, Gianluca Festa, a third tier Italian manager is the 4/11 favourite. What a bizarre decision.

Don't know about him as a manager but he knows the league and was a decent footballer

UpTheRams1884
31-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Awful decision.

beano2
01-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Shocking!!! Leeds fans not happy...>:(

Mickleover_Ram
01-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Why is it a bad decision???? nice guy, not a bad start but not won in 7 games, losing most. Sounds like a good decision to me If the club wants to progress. He has had a year, I hate this give the manager 10 years to get their own team thing and then sack them when they eventually realise he isnt upto the job

Gaspode
01-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Why is it a bad decision???? nice guy, not a bad start but not won in 7 games, losing most. Sounds like a good decision to me If the club wants to progress. He has had a year, I hate this give the manager 10 years to get their own team thing and then sack them when they eventually realise he isnt upto the job

if not a bad decision, then certainly a strange one - how can they justify sacking him with only a few hours left of the transfer window and their most saleable asset (Ross McCormack), subject to several bids and now completely unsettled...
If they weren't convinced about McDermott, they should have got shot sooner and given his successor the chance to do some wheeling and dealing to improve things - as it is, they have reached the end of the transfer window with no manager, one (or more) unsettled players and only the loan system to try and fix things...

Toggles
01-02-2014, 10:43 AM

He's a very good young manager, and was working at a club who have a lot of behind the scenes issues. A terrible knee jerk decision IMO. A year is no time to sort out a mess like Leeds

Marvelous!:D

Mickleover_Ram
01-02-2014, 10:46 AM
a mess??????? what mess?

a good young manager? is that why Reading sacked him?

Mickleover_Ram
01-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Hey it matters not to me i support Derby, but if they have no ambition, fine keep him for the next 20 years even though he isnt upto the job. I am more than happy to see Leeds a 2nd rate club under him. Besides , it doesnt matter what I think, the owners (the people who actually have to put the money in)obviously think that he wasnt upto the job either.

Football must be the only employment where people are expected to pay lots of money for failure and then to keep the guy because he is seen as nice

Beardyram
01-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Festa seen at the last Leeds game in the presence of some Italians that are going to buy/have brought the club. I believe they are linked to Calgiari in some way and that a similiar situation will happen at Leeds that is happening at Watford and now Charlton.

His dismissal is not just about results but also the Italians wanting their own man their as a puppet.

It now means that "super" Leeds are now just a feeder club...how the mighty have fallen.

tricky1972
01-02-2014, 11:59 AM

He's a very good young manager, and was working at a club who have a lot of behind the scenes issues. A terrible knee jerk decision IMO. A year is no time to sort out a mess like Leeds

Marvelous!:D[/quote]

Young manager??

He's older than Steve McClaren and Billy Davies

Toggles
01-02-2014, 01:46 PM
a mess??????? what mess?

a good young manager? is that why Reading sacked him?

Massive debt, transitional squad. Not getting drawn into this. Couldn't give a toss. Just think it's a naive assessment

Mickleover_Ram
01-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Massive Debt, Transisional squad? pretty much half the championship then

triz
01-02-2014, 04:36 PM
4-1 mccormack hatrick so far...not a bad response. I think mcdermott was very unlucky to be sacked...again. Apparently he refused to let festa sit on the bench with him so they just sacked him. poor form.

triz
01-02-2014, 04:44 PM
5-1!!

triz
01-02-2014, 05:36 PM
brian mcdermott remains leeds manager...reports will be out soon

Rapid
02-02-2014, 12:48 AM

Marvelous!:D[/quote]

Young manager??

He's older than Steve McClaren and Billy Davies[/quote]

are you sure? billy is looking more like golum every day.

Rattea
03-02-2014, 12:50 PM
And ... he's back!!!!

Sacked by the not yet owners he has now returned to club and is taking training!!!!!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear ... even the red dogs would struggle to surpass this fiasco ;) - view external link (http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9148455/McDermott-to-resume-duties)

southernram22
08-02-2014, 12:00 PM
fiasco is the word

donegalram
09-02-2014, 01:52 AM
who gives a **** we are derby super derby we are derby super rams