PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed anything???

AmericanRover
31-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Hello lads!...and the ladies out there, what's going on? Hope all is well. Too many ads on the new site.

Rovers still trying to find their way. Dann gone. Should be interesting.

Cheers!

Stan_van_nel
31-01-2014, 10:34 PM
O'reet American.

Anyway, never mind all that, what's all this noise about American brewed IPA?

I remember you telling me about how micro breweries have sprung up all o'er States.

I keep reading about American's brewing IPA (it's well wrong is that mind) but have you had any and is it good?

AucklandRover
31-01-2014, 10:42 PM
O'reet American.

I remember you telling me about how micro breweries have sprung up all o'er States.

I keep reading about American's brewing IPA (it's well wrong is that mind) but have you had any and is it good?

Stan - we're doing a Blighty visit this year, but we're stopping off in San Francisco and New York. I've been reading about American micro-breweries too, so I am hoping to sample a few of their products.
I also have my tongue hanging out for a decent pint of English real ale.
Any particular recommendations, anyone? I prefer beers under about 5%. Over that, and I often find the ale too sweet.

American Rover - have you missed anything? Well, if you missed the whole "Ghost" saga, you were well out of it!

Stan_van_nel
31-01-2014, 11:09 PM
It all depends where on this Sceptered Isle you are visiting Auckland.

If you're up these neck of the woods then you can sample some of my favourites.

There's the Bowland brews, most will pass the test but particularly the Hen Harrier and Sawley Tempted.

Moorhouses (it's a Burnley one and it is bitter ;D ) any will float your boat but the Blond Witch and pride of Pendle take some knocking.

My absolute favourite is Copper Dragon at Skipton. Try them all (Golden Pippin is a must though), it's a hoppy delight and it's like pouring it down't sink.

test
31-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Steer clear of the Hen Harrier beer because all the birds have been poisoned/shot in Bowland and the grouse population is thriving. I have not got a clue why, maybe it is global warming.:blue:

AmericanRover
01-02-2014, 02:53 AM
O'reet American.

Stan, great to hear that you have more interest in American beer than English footie!!! There are many IPA's, and they all have their own attributes! Come on over and find out for yourself!

AmericanRover
01-02-2014, 02:55 AM
O'reet American.

Stan - we're doing a Blighty visit this year, but we're stopping off in San Francisco and New York. I've been reading about American micro-breweries too, so I am hoping to sample a few of their products.
I also have my tongue hanging out for a decent pint of English real ale.
Any particular recommendations, anyone? I prefer beers under about 5%. Over that, and I often find the ale too sweet.

American Rover - have you missed anything? Well, if you missed the whole "Ghost" saga, you were well out of it![/quote]

Auckland Rover..."ghost"...?..does that have anything to do with our previous

AmericanRover
01-02-2014, 02:57 AM
Steer clear of the Hen Harrier beer because all the birds have been poisoned/shot in Bowland and the grouse population is thriving. I have not got a clue why, maybe it is global warming.:blue:

Test, there is no such thing as global warming. We need to be realists and discuss footie! ;D

bigmoon
01-02-2014, 01:59 PM
It seems that our American cousins have finally discovered them little green things called hops...

;D