PDA

View Full Version : Leeds

proclaimer
01-02-2014, 10:02 AM
... looks messy. - view external link (http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/fans-take-action-amid-leeds-turmoil)

ozzy62
01-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Always is messy up there nowadays.

A big club in a big city that have been underacheiving for the last decade.

ForeverPompey
01-02-2014, 10:09 AM
my grandad used to call them 'dirty leeds'.they're sinking fast

Brockley_Jack
01-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Can't help but feel a bit sorry for Humpty. This time last year he was proudly displaying the premier league manager of the month award on his mantelpiece, now he's been sacked twice since. He'll bounce back though.

No love for dirty Leeds from me though. May they sink further.

PapaLazarou
01-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Can't help but feel a bit sorry for Humpty.

That sentiment might have been just a tad premature, Brocks - looks like the slaphead might be offered his job back.

Comical goings on at Elland Road currently...

Dirtyweasel
01-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Confirmed he's back at the helm then :O

Harvey will be happy as he's one of his favourite managers >:)

proclaimer
02-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Comical goings on at Elland Road currently...

Just when you think you've seen it all. :O

Pentridge
02-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Marching on, erm, not together...

Brockley_Jack
02-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Can't help but feel a bit sorry for Humpty.

That sentiment might have been just a tad premature, Brocks - looks like the slaphead might be offered his job back.

Comical goings on at Elland Road currently...[/quote]

So it seems! Oh dear! XD

Dirtyweasel
03-02-2014, 10:41 AM
I understand he's taking training this morning? All very odd, and the uncertainty can't be good for the players, even though they won on Saturday.

chiswickmart
03-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Did the players put on a performance on Saturday because they thought he'd gone or because they wanted him back?

Tichi1
06-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Southern softies 0 Mighty Leeds 7

remember that one lads?

Tosspots!

ps - Wasn't so long ago you where all playing hell about Adkins getting turned over to let your current sqeeze in- not complaining now though?

**** happens to lots of clubs in this day and age - it goes in cycles - your turn soon enough...

chief_wiggam
06-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Southern softies 0 Mighty Leeds 7

remember that one lads?

Tosspots!

Another historian, are you a skate?

Dirtyweasel
06-02-2014, 12:54 PM
remember that one lads?

Er, no. I wasn't even born. Quite what that has to do with this particular thread though is beyond me :?

I'm guessing it's all got a little bit too emotional for you :?

BlueAdder
06-02-2014, 01:21 PM
remember that one lads?

Er, no. I wasn't even born.[/quote]

Just for a moment I thought 'That can't possibly be true'.
Then I checked. 1971/72!!!!
Jeez, was it that long ago? :blue: :blue:
(Sob).

OhWell
06-02-2014, 01:29 PM
remember that one lads?

(Sob).[/quote]

The funny things is we beat Leeds in the home game that season. They've always been a bit of a bogey team for us though. I think our biggest win against them was only 4-0 in 81/82.

Brockley_Jack
06-02-2014, 01:36 PM
remember that one lads?

Er, no. I wasn't even born. Quite what that has to do with this particular thread though is beyond me :?

I'm guessing it's all got a little bit too emotional for you :?[/quote]

I prefer to remember beating them 1-0 and sending them to league one. Singing at them "you'll never play here again". So funny!

I would have laughed longer but after watching a woman near us in block 2 holding her head having been hit by a coin we decided to leave for the pub.

Can't stand Leeds. Awful club.

Tichi1
06-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Nah
Neither a skate or a historian a?? just a pretty old geezer from Leeds that lived in Southampton for 10 years and married a girl from there. I tried and failed to convert her to being a mighty whites fan a?? but she remains a loyal saint [my second team]
I used to stand on the terraces at the Milton road end of the Dell a?? cheering whoever the opposition was [except scumchester utd of course] and had loads of banter with the locals a?? I was a sort of adopted northern Monkey mascot for a few years.

Anyway a?? the point is that success is transitional and with you for a while then gone [how the mighty fall eh] and at this moment in time we are struggling to get back to the top a?? but remember a?? you are having ownership problems at the moment and it wasna??t too long ago you where in league one with us

So gloating can lead to egg all over your facesa??

Oh and Brokley mate I enjoyed sitting in a bar in Tenerife watching the scum send you down in 2005 on the last day of the seas

OhWell
06-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Talking of bogey teams, how about Pompey's record v Chelsea?

Chelsea not only beat them 7-4 and 7-0 but Pompey haven't won any of their thirty games against Chelsea over the last sixty years. That most be some sort of record.

Pentridge
06-02-2014, 02:47 PM
[quote="Tichi1"]Nah
Neither a skate or a historian a?? just a pretty old geezer from Leeds that lived in Southampton for 10 years and married a girl from there. I tried and failed to convert her to being a mighty whites fan a?? but she remains a loyal saint [my second team]
I used to stand on the terraces at the Milton road end of the Dell a?? cheering whoever the opposition was [except scumchester utd of course] and had loads of banter with the locals a?? I was a sort of adopted northern Monkey mascot for a few years.

Anyway a?? the point is that success is transitional and with you for a while then gone [how the mighty fall eh] and at this moment in time we are struggling to get back to the top a?? but remember a?? you are having ownership problems at the moment and it wasna??t too long ago you where in league one with us

So gloating can lead to egg all over your facesa??

Oh and Brokley mate I enjoyed sitting in a bar in Tenerife watching the scum send

chief_wiggam
06-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Semi Final of the League Cup 1979, 2-0 down and we drew 2-2 at Elland Road, 1-0 at the Dell in the 2nd leg...

Oh wait, I'm being an historian now.

nickthemod
06-02-2014, 05:32 PM
remember that one lads?

(Sob).[/quote]

Mick Channon was the lonliest man on the pitch that day ! Paul Reaney told me that

proclaimer
07-02-2014, 08:55 PM
and so it continues ... - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/9155007/leeds-united-confirm-sale-of-75-per-cent-to-massimo-cellino)

proclaimer
07-02-2014, 08:58 PM
A shoe-in for the FAPPT - FFS. XD - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2554039/Controversial-Italian-Massimo-Cellino-agrees-deal-purchase-75-cent-stake)