View Full Version : robin bailey

fudgey
01-02-2014, 04:18 PM
the commentator for ipswich game just said
" i regard mcgoldrick as preimership class"

really

essexred52
01-02-2014, 04:19 PM
He aint that bad for me, it just did not work out for him here, good luck to him

fudgey
01-02-2014, 04:21 PM
strange how players can come good at different clubs, but many a striker cant score under billy? pattern

Romanis
01-02-2014, 06:27 PM
strange how players can come good at different clubs, but many a striker cant score under billy? pattern

I think it's a lot to do on how he prepares his teams, his tactics and the kind of player he likes.

Eg: He likes Mackie because of his work-rate and he expects Mackie to do that first and foremost.

He expects his strikers to go and win the ball rather than stay put to feed off crosses and the like.

I'm not saying it's a totally wrong concept, but I believe most of us want to see him to be bold like he did on Thursday's 2nd half.

BigusDikus
01-02-2014, 09:56 PM
the commentator for ipswich game just said
" i regard mcgoldrick as preimership class"

really

He's entitled to his opinion although I doubt many Premiership managers would agree with it, which is why they aren't queuing up to sign him.

Bourne1865
01-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Lets face it he has scored 15 goals this season.13 in the league. That's not too shabby at all. I think He wasn't given a fair crack when he was with us. I've heard some of our fans call him Mcgoaldraught but that's unjustified. He's proving himself now. Mick is getting the best out of him. Relationships between the manager and player is so important and if they don't gel it's doesn't mean a player becomes rubbish overnight. Confidence is a massive thing and Mcgoldrick has it at the mo!

Look at Derbyshire. I think if he was given regular starts he would probably be our top goal scorer but Billy doesn't use him much which is a shame.

Chocolate_Mouss17
02-02-2014, 12:15 AM
I agree with that about Derbyshire in the same way that if Billy Sharp had played 90 minutes for all of last season, he would definitely have got the 20 goals that everyone bangs on about.

Same as if we had one person taking all our penalties, there would be someone much higher up the scoring charts. If you take Nugents pens away from him, he'd be a lot lower.

McGoldrick has talent, that has never been in doubt but he never took the chances he was given.