PDA

View Full Version : Lack of substitutions

Piglet_Phoenix
01-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Sitting on your hands while your opposite number makes tactical changes that turn the game around and put you under pressure.

Shockingly poor management from Kavanagh. No doubt he'll blame Meppen-Walter, or some other scapegoat but this now likely defeat is 100% his responsibility.

Three points dropped, Kavanagh needs to ask himself whether he's up to the job.

sum_baynton
01-02-2014, 04:53 PM
There was no one worth bringing on cos he's somehow managed to make an already terrible squad worse. Didn't even pick the full 7 subs. At this rate we are going to be paying 3 managers at once, I wouldn't trust Kavanagh to buy me a sandwich.

polopblue
01-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Kav is making mistakes, the major one is leaving Fleming in the side. He has to stopping making the wrong decisions.

Piglet_Phoenix
01-02-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't necessarily agree with that view SB.

We could've brought Brough on and pushed Robson further forward.

We could've brought Symington on and moved Amoo upfront along with Drennan.

Byrne could've come on earlier and made a two upfront.

There were plenty of options on the bench that we could've utilised to try and give Bristol City problems and get some of the momentum back.

To sit on your hands as a manager and wait until we lose the lead, then fall behind before making substitutions is unacceptable. Did he really expect us to be able to sit back and soak up constant pressure for a whole half of football? How naive? The club should fine Kavanagh his wages this week as he certainly has not done his job.

HedgehogsTeeth
01-02-2014, 05:31 PM
What is it with Carlisle United handing out long term deals to either rookie or proven **** managers?

Surely if like we are on our arses cash wise then one year maximum conracts, whoever they are - there are a lot of out of work managers who would bite our hands off to get back into or a first job in management, if it doesn't work out then so be it at least by the time it is clear that it is not working then we can get rid of them more easily.

It may sound a bit harsh but it is a business not just jobs for the boys on long term deals, if they don't come in on our terms then we don't want them.

And what is it with Kavanagh, just like Greg it seems that if if we are offered any players from Manchester United then they must be good, yes you will get the odd gem but he needs to do his homework more on who he takes, we released Salmon and Todd who we didn't want and most of the players we get off Manchester United are the **** ones that they will

melbourneblues
01-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Very harsh to blame anybody, we were very comfortable until a couple of corners unsettled us, poor defending but easy laying the blame afterwards.

sum_baynton
01-02-2014, 06:01 PM
I see where you're coming from Piglet but I'd be loathe to put Amoo upfront where he has his back to goal with the inevitable hoofs forward from O'Hanlon when he needs the ball at his feet running at people.

As for us being "very comfortable" from the above poster, having just 2 efforts on target against a team below us would suggest otherwise.

Piglet_Phoenix
01-02-2014, 06:21 PM
It's easy laying the blame when it's someone's fault.

SB, you're right. That's why Amoo should live just behind the centre-forward so he could (in theory) run onto the ball.

Harri_Jaffah
01-02-2014, 06:24 PM
I can only go off the radio commentary and it did sound like we bossed the majority of the game only to concede two soft goals .
the thing that so annoying though is we were excellent against mk dons and I really thought we had turned the corner I just hope this kick in the balls doesn't dent the confindence gained and send us on another run of crippling defeats .

nakedboy
01-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Shows over folks. Nobody listening to you any more. They've all gone to a new board. I take it you were all at the game and are posting your views on it from what you saw.

trout47
01-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Kav out !!!
should never ever have been Kav in !

he is clueless as to how to put it right and has so far used 41 different players ?

melbourneblues
01-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Being comfortable in my books is being 1 up, keeping possession well without the opposition looking dangerous, that changed within 5 minutes, I never realised it went on goal attempts.