PDA

View Full Version : Barker's record

dsmg
01-02-2014, 05:09 PM
It's worse than Whittingham's ffs and he's brought his own players in now (and got rid of ones he doesn't like). How long does the honeymoon period last. That's 10 games now and 10 points to show for it. Whitts had 20 from 17. I'm all for giving the guy (sic) time, but we don't have it. Losing at home to Torquay??? How low can we go ffs. RRRAAAANNNNTTTTT

Mangosmate
01-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Todays performance and result is completely unacceptable tbh. We never ever got going and looked like a bad southern league side. With the squad we have barker needs to start winning games and very soon,otherwise our incredibly patient supporters will start getting (and rightly so) vocal towards him.

We created next to nothing the whole game against 1 of the worst sides in the league. We looked completely disjointed and clueless(thats being kind), and barkers worst trait is that he is far far far too defensive when there is absolutely no need to be.

OhWell
01-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Todays performance and result is completely unacceptable tbh. We never ever got going and looked like a bad southern league side. With the squad we have barker needs to start winning games and very soon,otherwise our incredibly patient supporters will start getting (and rightly so) vocal towards him.

We created next to nothing the whole game against 1 of the worst sides in the league. We looked completely disjointed and clueless(thats being kind), and barkers worst trait is that he is far far far too defensive when there is absolutely no need to be.

What exactly is 'incredibly patient' about booing and jeering your team every game? Barker will just be another one in the long line of managers hounded out of Fratton Park.

lovedeanblue
01-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Very unusually for me I walked out with 2 minutes to go, we were that bad. No surprise there were plenty like me. We are far too lightweight, clueless is the word which comes to mind. Despite a better 2nd half performance (the first was even worse) we didn't create owt, never look like scoring. I'd have taken off Wallace at half time, he keeps looking for a free kick too much for me, while most of his crosses are far too near the goalkeeper. We are in grave danger of going into the Conference make no mistake. My humour was not improved when I heard Connolly had scored for Oxford on debut. Whatever you think of him at least he looks like there is a goal in him, the Mansfield last 20 minutes for instance. Jervis had a shocker, he wasn't the only one. I know what Scully would say ...:O

bluekite
01-02-2014, 06:07 PM
5 points dropped at home against the worst two teams in the Football League is to say the least worrying. I think we got a bit ahead of ourselves after Wycombe where even RB said we had the luck.
What to me is the biggest concern is the complete lack of creativity. Game after game our shots/shots on target is dismal. Today the BBC stats said 4 shots with 1 on target... how on earth do we win games with such a paucity of threats against a team with the second worst goals against in the division (we are the worst). Why wasn't Fogden playing from the start, he has energy at least and sod's law says Connolly would score for Oxford .:blue: :blue:

)

dsmg
01-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Howard scored for Birmingham too. :blue: :blue: :blue:

pompeygun
01-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Today was bloody awful. Shorey has spent virtually his whole career @ LB. So why play him in CM where he looks cumbersome & unable to keep up with play. I'm sure that Torquay had 3 in CM compared to our two so why didn't Barker change it.
Its only desperation that brought us a draw last time out, we didn't manage it today. Far from good enough. I can do winning playing ugly, but losing playing ugly is crap.
Shorey, Padovani, Wallace & Holmes today were shocking. Painter is so bloomin slow, constantly getting outpaced.
Only the two CB's & Taylor deserve any credit. from that today.

bluechimes
01-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Abject performance overall. Not disguised by the huff and puff frantic activity near the end

De ja vue for those on here who demanded Whittingham should go inn the misguided belief it was the Manager who was the problem

Wallace certainly did himself a favour again:(

What say you now? :/ :/ :/

BC

Corkhead
02-02-2014, 08:53 AM
We've been poor at home all season. Neither of our managers have been able to address this issue with any consistency. Recent away perfomances and results have been an improvement. Yesterday I had expected us to kick on from 3 decent away results that yielded 5 pts (and should have been 7). Now we are back to square one. You would have thought the level of support would be a good motivating factor at home games. Time to call in the psychologist for a team talk? ;D

This league is a grinding, dour affair where goals are at a premium and no result can be taken as a given. For example 7 of the games yesterday yielded just 10 goals. Unfortunately we are no different performance-wise from the majority of the clubs in the division.

EnfieldBlue
02-02-2014, 12:37 PM
We were so poor yesterday. Made the trip down from cockneyland worthwhile! One of the most annoying things is that with such a strong wind behind us in the first half, how come we only had one shot in total, from Jed after 10 secs? It's so simple, test the keeper!!

It seemed that every second ball dropped to a Torquay player, which is either down to terrible luck, being outnumbered in midfield or not competing. Padovani may be decent on the ball but he's very lightweight and pairing him in centre midfield with a left back is a recipe for disaster.

One positive is I was very impressed with Taylor - some good touches and held the ball up very well. Jervis was miles off the pace though.

I was also impressed with Wallace who kept showing for the ball despite having a nightmare and the crowd getting on his back. I don't see him as a winger really and would like to see him played more centrally. I think fans forget how young he is, despite him looking older than me! He's also not the savi

Mangosmate
02-02-2014, 02:27 PM
What exactly is 'incredibly patient' about booing and jeering your team every game? Barker will just be another one in the long line of managers hounded out of Fratton Park.

Jog on Scummer.

gosport
02-02-2014, 03:05 PM

What exactly is 'incredibly patient' about booing and jeering your team every game? Barker will just be another one in the long line of managers hounded out of Fratton Park.[/quote]
THERE WAS NO BOOING UNTIL THE FINAL WHISTLE