PDA

View Full Version : Bamford scores for derby again

tricky5971
01-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Wow he's really banging them in for derby . I know he was always going to leave , but for all the targets we were looking at , we possibly had a good striker already here

Romanis
01-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Wow he's really banging them in for derby . I know he was always going to leave , but for all the targets we were looking at , we possibly had a good striker already here

But don't forget he wanted to go, little we could do about it.

No point then of asking for a loan then either, when he hadn't made the 1st 11 regularly (if at all, I forget which is which), it would have been a wrong signal, and we had to stand our ground.

dam617
01-02-2014, 06:20 PM
He didn't want to be here despite being offered a very lucrative deal. The first team weren't scoring, he was scoring for fun and probably thought (rightly) that Clotterill should've given him a chance.
In that situation there was only one thing to do - his contract was ending, he wouldn't sign another. Sayonara

Romanis
01-02-2014, 06:33 PM
He didn't want to be here despite being offered a very lucrative deal. The first team weren't scoring, he was scoring for fun and probably thought (rightly) that Clotterill should've given him a chance.
In that situation there was only one thing to do - his contract was ending, he wouldn't sign another. Sayonara

You got it in 1.
The question now is whether given Chelsea and Mourinho's abundance of attacking options plus almost certainly that he will again be buying in future - like say when Etoo has to go, will Bamford ever make the grade there?

For certain he got a good a deal at Chelsea for his age and ability, but you wonder had he just stayed with us a little longer and really impressed he could have found a better suitor in say Arsenal or Liverpool where his chances of playing regularly at the top level and making the England team would be far easier.

I'm not belittling his achievements at Derby, but even he goes on and sends