PDA

View Full Version : A point but it could have been better

bassman
01-02-2014, 05:21 PM
an untried back four , ok fair enough , had to be due to injury and suspensions , but to leave burke and macheda on the bench and not even pick zigic in the squad is just plain stupidity on behalf of the manager , he should have had zigic ,macheda and burke playing from the off, that way derby wouldn't have had a free run at us, to play novak and lovenkrands as first choice sums up how clark thinks ...and when you can work it out please let the rest of us know how in gods he thought that would be a better pick than mine !

maccazone
01-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Agree about Burke. How can he leave out the only guy that always makes things happen!

bolt
01-02-2014, 07:22 PM
to be fair Burkes last show against Swansea was way down compared to how others played that day. maybe Clark noticed that to

Fresnoblue
02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
I agree - always mystifies me to see Burke left out but he does seem to be a player who ups his game after spending a little bit of time on the bench. Today was a good example. Seeing so many new young players put straight into the side certainly smacked of desperation and, with no time to see how they integrate into a team, it sounded like Clark's tactics were all over the map in the first half. It's pre-season training being enacted in a crucial mid-season home game. But I take my hat off to Clark nonetheless - he's doing a good job getting talent in through the door with no money. Perhaps he could have introduced them in a more controlled fashion though.

alwayshopeful
02-02-2014, 11:33 AM
I think it's a case of Clarke having to do what he can with what's availablle.
All of the new kids that played yesterday looked ok, that was one of the better games at Stan's this season.

Glass half full for me.
KRO