PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Dallas Vs Matt Northcroft

smokie_bacon_crisps
01-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Discuss.

I'm too angry to write anything else right now.

Also two flares? The entire support should be banned the next time they are due to play at Gayfield. Breaking stadium rules and the law.

broathrbest
01-02-2014, 05:54 PM
A tie both incompetent , strangely ( the honest men )usually beneficiaries of said incompetence , cant in 40 years of going to Gayfield seen such a blatant penalty turned down , even more galling after huns pen last week , i think we are destined to go down no matter how hard we try , as bad as the ref was we were just as culpable towards our own downfall today .

Mr_Refhater
01-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Andrew Dallas

For me Dallas hit an all time low with his officiating of the same fixture last season. Matt Northcroft came close to that joke of a game during today's inept, bewilderingly pathetic performance! Yet, Dallas takes the biscuit.

The linesmen, particularly the one at the sea end stand was despicable. Yet - even though my is Refhater - I'm not a cold heartened b*****d, and did for the briefest minute or two feel sorry for him. At points he was totally bombarded with abuse. Still the display of the officials was unacceptable at best. Furthermore enhancing my belief that we are seriously deficit of even decent officials in this country...

maroonie
01-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Northcroft, Dallas, Finnie, Cook, Somers. These are the 5 most obvious officials who have been at best incompetent, at worst f***** diabolical. There will be others I am sure who are just as bad but these 5 are examples of how poor the standard of refs in this country are.

ectolichtie
01-02-2014, 08:52 PM
the standard of refereeing has been in decline for years, we cannot be surprised in what we have now, surely

Mr_Refhater
01-02-2014, 09:20 PM
the standard of refereeing has been in decline for years, we cannot be surprised in what we have now, surely

To be honest ectolichtie I only started supporting the Lichties during the latter part of John McGlashan's tenure as manager. Therefore it is difficult for me to judge the decline as I do not have the experience of seeing this in the flesh for many years.

What I will say is that immediately I was astounded by the poor standard. Paul Sheerin has even commented himself on the poor standard during his sessions at Tutties. Peronally the consensus seems to be that the standard of officiating is higher elsewhere in Europe. We can't seem to get it right in this country. And it's nothing to do with being a small nation as some may argue!

P.S. Anyone else out there that controversially likes the fact that the gaffer argues with the refs? I know it's a f**ked up viewpoint but it shows real passion for me. It shows he really care

ectolichtie
01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
I have been watching football for 40 years and I can say without a shadow of a doubt the quality of refereeing has declined terribly at all levels, but I don't know why this is, its just so

maroonie
01-02-2014, 10:32 PM

P.S. Anyone else out there that controversially likes the fact that the gaffer argues with the refs? I know it's a f**ked up viewpoint but it shows real passion for me. It shows he really cares when things go ridiculously and undeservedly against him! As long as he doesn't get sent off I'll no complain about it. Call me a div if you like, I still appreciate it.[/quote]
I just would like to see the boss show as much passion when we lose soft goals and have a go at the defence. In most of the occasions he just turns away and goes to the centre for the restart. Maybe its not his way to take players to task, and if so I hope he has someone taking notes so he can address later, but as we seem to make the same defensive errors continuously it would appear that this is not the cas

lifelonglichtie
02-02-2014, 12:06 AM
There is no point in blaming the refs for our dire results. That clown today did not give ayr a 3 goal lead, it was our pathetic defence. If you want to blame one person then how about our diddy of a goaly? Look back at our games this season and you will find he has cost us a lot of points. Apart from his 2 today he was at fault against east fife away and managed to be beaten by a corner at stenny with the wind at his back. Those are only a few of his **** ups! Bring back Hill! Another guy who can be blamed more than most is the manager, who has done sweet FA to sort out our defence.

smokie_bacon_crisps
02-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Are you Victor in disguise?

A good referee isn't talked about after a game. Within 6 minutes the game could have and should have changed completely. We should have had a penalty and they would have also been down to 10 men. That like it or not changes the game. Even the assistants were clueless today with our first corner the nearside official indicating a goal kick where everyone could see it was a corner which was a shock when the referee actually gave it to us.

Then denied a perfectly good goal in the second half. If the players get into the positions or put the ball in the back of the net but the referee doesn't give the goals then what can they do?

Hill, Baxter, S****ie, Falky, Colin Cooper, Dibble, Flyer, Ian "dobbo" Dobbins are never coming back!

AFC1320
02-02-2014, 07:09 AM
I agree with s_b_c here a lot of BIG decisions went against us all done to the clueless officials.

In fact that was probably the worst refereeing "performance" I have seen in years.

That and Stig's massive blunder cost us yesterday as for 70 minutes I thought we played well.

Nonsmokingsmokie
02-02-2014, 11:56 AM
I think what has really declined is the Linesman/Asst Ref performances. It really gets to the stage where the award of a throw-in becomes a complete lottery.

I don't know why this should be but would suggest that maybe common sense has been thrown out of the window as regulation has tightened.

I could no reason why our first goal was chalked off yesterday - our forward player didn't get close enough the keeper to impede.

By the way, we could really do with a break at the right time. We got one or two eventually yesterday but couldn't get back

AFC1320
02-02-2014, 03:23 PM
What about the 2nd half when the impressive Paul McManus was on the deck at the corner flag beside the flagpole end of the stand and kicked the ball off the Ayr player for a corner kick for us, the ref was 2 yards away and saw it clearly and gave a goal kick?????? incredible.