PDA

View Full Version : Teams for Yeovil and Preston

tricky1972
01-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Thought it would be interesting to get some views on who will start tomorrow and what changes we will make, for Wednesday...

Darlow

Jara Lascelles Hobbs Fox

Vaughan Lansbury

Mackie Reid Paterson

Cox

Then I think we will see a LOT of changes...

De Vries

Lichaj Collins Halford Harding

Lansbury Moussi Majewski Abdoun

Cox Djebbour

True_Red
01-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Is Lansbury available for tomorrow, I thought he had another match ban to go?

Romanis
01-02-2014, 06:02 PM

No he's available tomorrow (I Believe)

Romanis
01-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Thought it would be interesting to get some views on who will start tomorrow and what changes we will make, for Wednesday...

Darlow

Jara Lascelles Hobbs Fox

Vaughan Lansbury

Mackie Reid Paterson

Cox

De Vries

Cox Djebbour

Strongest side tomorrow please and let the changes and tinkering be reserved for the cup tie

tricky1972
01-02-2014, 06:17 PM

2 game suspension for 10 yellows, Preston and Watford.

tricky1972
01-02-2014, 06:18 PM

Darlow

Jara Lascelles Hobbs Fox

Vaughan Lansbury

Mackie Reid Paterson

Cox

De Vries

Cox Djebbour

Strongest side tomorrow please and let the changes and tinkering be reserved for the cup tie[/quote]

Which is what I was saying

BigusDikus
01-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Tomorrow I would like to see Hobbs and Lascelles reunited into what was looking a really promising partnership.

Lansbury and Paterson have to start if fit.

I would go with Cox up front and hope he can carry on from where he left off on Thursday.

I would like to see us play a strong side at Preston as we deserve a decent cup run for a change.

Romanis
01-02-2014, 10:19 PM
I would like to see us play a strong side at Preston as we deserve a decent cup run for a change.

18 years since we last reached the quarter-finals. Can you or anyone recall, the last time we were in the 5th round?

Chocolate_Mouss17
01-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Tottenham? When Gareth Taylor was playing?

hawthorne
01-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Was it when we beat spurs away on penalties? Drew at home 2 all after 1st game was abandoned because of snow.

Chocolate_Mouss17
01-02-2014, 11:49 PM
I reckon we should/ will line up like this

Darlow

Lichaj, Hobbs, Lascelles, Fox

Mackie Jara, Lansbury Reid

Cox, Henderson.

I think we need to mix it up a bit as I think Yeovil will come and play like Preston and will have drilled themselves on the system we have been playing quite a lot recently.

Might freshen it up enough to then throw Djebbour, Abdoun and Paterson on if we need them.

Preston, I would play

De Vries

Halford, Collins, Gomis, Fox

Moussi, Lansbury Reid

Paterson, Djebbour, Abdoun

gardsPNE
02-02-2014, 02:49 PM

Darlow

Jara Lascelles Hobbs Fox

Vaughan Lansbury

Mackie Reid Paterson

Cox

De Vries

Cox Djebbour

Strongest side tomorrow please and let the changes and tinkering be reserved for the cup tie[/quote]

Yes play your strongest side against Yeovil and do some serious tinkering against PNE ;D

By the way some great results for you yesterday especially QPR v Dingles ending in a draw and your arch rivals thinking 3 points were in the bag at Brum. Games in hand and hopefully 3 points for you today. Maybe going straight up cannot be totally ruled out.

Romanis
02-02-2014, 04:00 PM

Darlow

Jara Lascelles Hobbs Fox

Vaughan Lansbury

Mackie Reid Paterson

Cox

De Vries

Cox Djebbour

Yes play your strongest side against Yeovil and do some serious tinkering against PNE ;D

By the way some great results for you yesterday especially QPR v Dingles ending in a draw and your arch rivals thinking 3 points were in the bag at Brum. Games in hand and hopefully 3 points for you today. Maybe going straight up cannot be totally ruled out.[/quote]

Surely victory over 1 Nottingham side is sufficient

Romanis
02-02-2014, 05:05 PM
I think given that we have 4 games over a 12 day stretch, we should field a much changed side. The players weren't in peak form.

Reid, Mackie and Paterson should be rested for Preston

Polish_ForestMad
02-02-2014, 05:17 PM
I think after today Reid should be given a rest,he looked tired.just put them on the bench just in case and we should still be fine.

essexred52
02-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Yes I agree Reidy needs a rest against PNE, Paterson / hendo up front for me rest cox,

tricky1972
02-02-2014, 06:24 PM
I think Reidy, Pato and Jara should all get a game off minimum.

Play 2 up, good chance to give Rafik, Fox, Hnederson and possibly Gomis some game time - heck, I'd even consider giving Tudgay and Derbyshire a run out

Raimondo_Ponte
02-02-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm sure there is a rule somewhere that says you can't field players in a replay that weren't at your club in the original game. that would rule out all the new signings except Vaughan, though I hear he is injured.
Reid certainly needs a rest and Abdoun had a day off today so he should play. Cox needs to stick in given his current form so maybe Henderson should be used as the bully and give Mackie a day off.
Anyone know why Lichaj wasn't in the squad today? Surely he should get a run against PNE?

gardsPNE
03-02-2014, 07:34 AM

Darlow

Jara Lascelles Hobbs Fox

Vaughan Lansbury

Mackie Reid Paterson

Cox

De Vries

Cox Djebbour

By the way some great results for you yesterday especially QPR v Dingles ending in a draw and your arch rivals thinking 3 points were in the bag at Brum. Games in hand and hopefully 3 points for you today. Maybe going straight up cannot be totally ruled out.[/quote]

Surely

KeeptheCityGround
03-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Strongest team possible for me, I don't want to hear all the ******** about resting players. It's really not hard to play 2 games of football a week when your a top athlete like they are today. I had no probs playing 2 games a week when playing non league football especially when going well, all you want to do is play. 2 games a week means less training!

This is our greatest chance of a trip to wembley in a long time. PNE away then either struggling Blunts/Fulham and we are 90 mins away from wembley! I'm sure PNE fans are thinking the same too.

But still we'll have bone head fans who let these overpaid players get away with getting a 'rest' FFS!!

gardsPNE
03-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Strongest team possible for me, I don't want to hear all the ******** about resting players. It's really not hard to play 2 games of football a week when your a top athlete like they are today. I had no probs playing 2 games a week when playing non league football especially when going well, all you want to do is play. 2 games a week means less training!

This is our greatest chance of a trip to wembley in a long time. PNE away then either struggling Blunts/Fulham and we are 90 mins away from wembley! I'm sure PNE fans are thinking the same too.

But still we'll have bone head fans who let these overpaid players get away with getting a 'rest' FFS!!

I agree KCG we appear to be in the right side of the draw and a nats off getting into the Q/F as I dont think either Forest or North End have anything to fear in the 5th round with two struggling teams in their respective leagues.

Romanis
03-02-2014, 07:19 PM

I would agree absolutely with you in normal cases, 2 games even 3 in a short span should be okay. However this time it's slightly different.
If we count Thursday's game with Watford, it would mean that we would playing 6 games in 17 days. That's quite a huge ask. If we start the

gardsPNE
03-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Romanis - Its wild how the Lashers have had the old Indian sign over you, however at the moment they are in disarray and even a 2nd string Forest would have no problems. I think they have gained 2pts out of 36 :D :D :D

Maybe thats were you can rest a couple of your players ;D

Romanis
03-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Romanis - Its wild how the Lashers have had the old Indian sign over you, however at the moment they are in disarray and even a 2nd string Forest would have no problems. I think they have gained 2pts out of 36 :D :D :D

Lolz, I like your suggestion. ;D

Although we start as favourites against North End, we never seem to do well in the Cup since God knows when.I think 2003 was the last time we reached Round 5 and 1996 was the last time we reached the last 8.

So history is not on our side, Preston definitely has a chance. But I think you guys need to score first, preferably in the first half. Watford was one of those rare occasions where we came back to win having trialed at HT.

KeeptheCityGround
04-02-2014, 08:52 AM

I would agree absolutely with you in normal cases, 2 games even 3 in a short span should be okay. However this time it's slightly different.
If we count Thursday's game with Watford, it would mean that we would playing 6 games in 17 d

Trickytreesreds
04-02-2014, 08:59 AM

If we count Thursday's game with Watfo

gardsPNE
06-02-2014, 06:02 PM

Lolz, I like your suggestion. ;D

Although we start as favourites against North End, we never seem to do well in the Cup since God knows when.I think 2003 was the last time we reached Round 5 and 1996 was the last time we reached the last 8.

So history is not on our side, Preston definitely has a chance. But I think you guys need to score first, preferably in the first half. Watford was one of those rare occasions where we came back to win having trialed at HT.[/quote]

Romanis you were spot on and Forest scoring first meant we were always chasing the game. It ended up first goal was indeed key.

Romanis
06-02-2014, 09:06 PM
You know the way Gards and even Thor conducted themselves here is a testimony to what football rivalry can really be. Unlike some clowns from certain other teams that come here spouting silly stuff and making childish jokes, we actually enjoyed the to and fro with the Preston fans.

That said I hope we don't give you the opportunity to return here next season for the league matches, we'll gladly give you a certain down the A52 for these kind of exchanges.

Trickytreesreds
06-02-2014, 09:14 PM
You know the way Gards and even Thor conducted themselves here is a testimony to what football rivalry can really be. Unlike some clowns from certain other teams that come here spouting silly stuff and making childish jokes, we actually enjoyed the to and fro with the Preston fans.

That said I hope we don't give you the opportunity to return here next season for the league matches, we'll gladly give you a certain down the A52 for these kind of exchanges.

Hear, hear.

Good convo, good humour and pleasantries. I am impressed.
You guys are welcome back any time.
I'll even get Thor a date. My neighbour has an old English sheepdog, they look well matched.

Romanis
06-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I'll even get Thor a date. My neighbour has an old English sheepdog, they look well matched.

Yep that be the one, Tricky had to entertain himself with when younger because I refused to let him out of the house.

He's a real animal lover, my boy, Tricky! >:)

Romanis
06-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Btw Tricky I'm sure you're ok with me taking pot shots at you from time to time. Well if you aren't, just too bad!!

But imagine if I substituted you with a certain banned user. We'd never hear the last of it, allegations of impropriety, indecency, ageist abuse, cyber bullying and who knows what!:D

Trickytreesreds
06-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Btw Tricky I'm sure you're ok with me taking pot shots at you from time to time. Well if you aren't, just too bad!!

But imagine if I substituted you with a certain banned user. We'd never hear the last of it, allegations of impropriety, indecency, ageist abuse, cyber bullying and who knows what!:D

I allow you to get away with it, because I sense the force flows strong in you.
Should you turn towards the dark side with Basie Sidius, then I'd have to shove your light sabre where it wouldn't shine no more, >:)

Not even King Kong, I mean Ting Tong would save you.