PDA

View Full Version : D_D's brief player ratings vs. Brum.

D_D
01-02-2014, 05:32 PM
In the car on the tablet so there may be errors.

It's gutting coming away without the three points, but I can't be too disheartened, becuase we played very well.

Ratings:

Grant 7- Can't blame him for the goals. He shouldn't have come for their last one, so no issues there, and generally made crosses his.

Wisdom 7- He was fouled for the goal, no doubt about it. I'll get that excuse out of the way first. He bombed on well, especially first half when it was less open.

Keogh 5- Played well generally but the three goals were down to poor positioning and organisation. He's our captain, and general of the back four, and he let us down in that department.

Buxton 6- Commanding, but still, he was part of the defence which let three sloppy goals in.

Forsyth 7- and 8 going forwward, a 6 defensively. Burke caused him issues. Took his goal well.

Eustace 7- Played well today, won a fair few free kicks, and stopped them running through us.

Hughes 8- Very good performance again, some very cl

Fletch_11
01-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Good work again on your report double D!

I reckon it will be used to motivate the lads - Simmo was gutted in the interview. I don't want the style to change too much, it got us a win Tursday but cost us one today.
It's annoying that a win would have given us a chance of snatching second with a win against QPR. Disappointed but will be interesting to see how we bounce back from this.

triz
01-02-2014, 05:54 PM
first mistake from mac imo. He needed to shore up at 3-1 and 3-2. Although putting fresh strikers on has worked for us in the past i think today was a different matter. Benefit of hindsight.

Fletch_11
01-02-2014, 09:26 PM
first mistake from mac imo. He needed to shore up at 3-1 and 3-2. Although putting fresh strikers on has worked for us in the past i think today was a different matter. Benefit of hindsight.

I'm confident that we will improve as a result. Maybe today will provide an excuse to start Thorne in the next game? ;D

su4eranio
01-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Fair assessment. Ward very good today. For me, todays defining moment was subbing Hughes. When you want to kill a game, you need someone with composure who can put their foot on the ball. We missed this when Will went off.

Russell again very bright when he came on. And Martin more like his old self

A good day out, and should have been a comfortable win from that performance. Unlike you D_D, I do have plenty of blame that the ref didnt give a free kick for the foul on Wisdom before their equaliser. If he cant see that late foul then he shouldnt be a ref!! End of

bring on QPR!

Rapid
02-02-2014, 12:27 AM
For me, todays defining moment was subbing Hughes. When you want to kill a game, you need someone with composure who can put their foot on the ball. We missed this when Will went off.

nail on the head - I think I've said that about the last 2 posts of yours that I've read :star:

as for ward, much better from him. he looked sharp. shame he sold himself for their first goal.

I'd love to see johnny Russell get a run though. as D_D said he looked so lively. about the last 6/7 times I've seen him (before and after injury) he's looked quality. give him a go!

D_D
02-02-2014, 11:31 AM
I think Hughes was a real candidate for MOTM yesterday, and we could've ideally done with keeping him on to retain possession as Eranio and Rapid have eluded to.

However, I don't think taking him off was a bad move, really. He was sub-par for three games, which all coincided with him just coming back from illness. He was fatigued, and as Simpson pointed out, it was a managerial fault for ever-playing him. Whilst in hindsight it may have been better to keep him on, at 3-1, giving the lad a rest, when players of Hendrick's quality are coming on, seemed the logical decision.

D_D
02-02-2014, 11:33 AM

I'm confident that we will improve as a result. Maybe today will provide an excuse to start Thorne in the next game? ;D[/quote]

I can't see it mate. He didn't feature at all, and Eustace had a good game in fairness. If we take the lead vs. QPR, and are in a similar position to yesterday, I can see him coming on to give us that extra bit of height and stability.

UpTheRams1884
04-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Hendrick should be 6.5 :blue: