PDA

View Full Version : well done gosport

barmyandloyal
01-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Into sem final of fa trophy after winning 2-1 away at north ferriby

lovedeanblue
01-02-2014, 05:58 PM
The Hawks v Aldershot tie was postponed, no surprise that on the WLP quagmire. Nevertheless well done Gos :star:

TurktownAnt
02-02-2014, 02:04 AM
2 good wishes on a Pompey board for Gosport. Thankyou. I put a reply on here a few weeks ago, I was fairly cynical about Pompey re Gosport. I still feel the same. Gosport still go to Fratton in their masses, every week.

nonsuchmike
02-02-2014, 02:33 PM
How did Eastleigh do? Or was their match postponed as well?

So, at least two Hampshire teams in the Semis of the Trophy. Not a bad count.

Great win by Turktown to go up to high riding NFU and win outright. Well done, lads.

lovedeanblue
02-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Cambridge Utd beat them 1.0. So the four semi finalists are Gos, Cambridge Utd, Grimsby and the Hawks or Aldershot. They are hoping to play Tuesday weather permitting. The semis are over 2 legs.

lovedeanblue
04-02-2014, 10:44 AM
2 leg semi final ties. Ties to be played Saturdays Feb 15th and 22nd, weather permitting ;D

The draw made live on Talksport was

Hawks or Aldershot v Gosport
Cambridge Utd v Grimsby

First team drawn are at home on the 15th

nonsuchmike
05-02-2014, 03:21 PM
So Hampshire are guaranteed one Finalist, but only one because of the wretched draw pairing our three teams against each other.

It would certainly be David v Goliath if Turktown get through to the final; certainly well done to them so far.

Based on results against high flying Sutton Utd fairly recently, one must fancy Havant & Waterlooville against the Mariners @ Wembley. But football is a funny game, especially as with the current SF set up over two legs, form could be upset; anything could happen, and very frequently does.

Now Pompey - just look what Borough have done after a poor start to the season. Beating high flying North Ferriby was a great feather in their cap, and you must be motivated by their Underdog approach to all their current matches. We need it, too, and we must try that extra yard, use that extra forethought to defeat what the opposition throw at us.

Energise yer thinking and "screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail" (the Scottish play quotat