PDA

View Full Version : jordi gomez

billboy1949
01-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Gomez is absolute class and cant understand why he gets so much criticsm.?
The guy is the best dead ball taker we have,and penalty taker. Creates so much going forward and can see a pass. Ok not the best tackler in the team,but surely worth is place

arjan
01-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Agree. He sees things others don't. Worth a place.

nagisaki
01-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Good goal,If he is that good why has no other team come for him?End of the day we deserve the win.:D

jocklatic
01-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Gomez is absolute class and cant understand why he gets so much criticsm.?
The guy is the best dead ball taker we have,and penalty taker. Creates so much going forward and can see a pass. Ok not the best tackler in the team,but surely worth is place

He did change the game when he came on - in fact he actually made 2 very good challenges in their half with one of them the type he normally shirks. Was watching Jordi just before kick off where he was practising dead ball / free kicks after the rest of the team had gone in to get ready for kick off - maybe he knew something we didn't ;D

Wigan_
01-02-2014, 11:12 PM
The goal he scored at Everton was "almost Barcelona like". Remember...?

Spikeym
02-02-2014, 01:03 AM
yep fully agree as soon as he came on we seemed to change, he put himself about and seemed to take control of the midfield. free kicks he is the man, well done to the team we continue to keep playing to the last second.
Uveee seems to be coming the master of substitutions, but Uveee it stress's us out sometimes... last seconds!!!!

camltoe
02-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Would prefer to start with our strongest 11, then, if the game is won make the subs to rest "overworked" players.

Got to say though, Jordi's free kick was immense. From ES2 that side of the goal looked impossible to slot into cos it was covered by the wall, but the curl he got on that ball was impressive. Even moreso when thats the wrong side for him. Apparently. Reminded me of his goal at Everton in the cup, but from a dead ball.

The angle for the TV replays dont do it any justice.

camltoe
02-02-2014, 02:21 AM
Also, if it wasn't for Jordi i'd have come home and kicked the dog round the house. Never been so cold, miserable and wet on 87 minutes as half way up the East stand as today. Piss wet through with that wind blowing the rain under the stand in temperatures that felt arctic, not surprised we hardly sang, it was a case of survival first, footy second today until that free kick went in.

Les_bradds_lad
02-02-2014, 06:22 AM
Jordi's goal from the south stand view

linky dinky below - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy4PokbTmis&feature=youtu.be&a)

Webbs21
02-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Should start every single home game for us. The guy has too much class for this division. He might frustrate often, but he will win matches often as well.

Can maybe understand not playing him away and bringing him on later in the match when McCann/McArthur's legs have tired.

He deserves more credit. This is a guy that started in the heart of midfield in the FA Cup final, up against Yaya Toure and Gareth Barry and the rest of the City millionaires and was superb throughout. He should not be sitting on the bench at Home to Charlton.

I hope we can get a contract sorted out for him, but he's only going to sign if Uwe is playing him every week. Watson too. These players ARE Wigan now (with Ali, Boycey, McArthur, Caldwell, Callum). We should be looking to keep hold of them. If we let them go, we won't find better players on our budget, we'll just have to keep borrowing players who have zero affinity with the club whatsoever. These lads are in their 4th/5th/6th season with Wigan, that's pr

billboy1949
02-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Well said Webbs couldnt agree more mate,if theres a more gifted player than Jordi Gomez tell me. Lets give the guy credit he deserves and i am sure we will see more goals like that,he as it in his locker.

grumpster
02-02-2014, 10:55 AM
a reet proper 'sally wanger' from im :D

billboy1949
02-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Just watched it again on you tube clip,more bend than Ronaldo.Thanks Jordi great strike mate.

Gaz_latic
02-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Against the teams that sit back and wait for us to unlock them Gomez should be the first on the team sheet. Against people like Burnley, I'm not too sure.

italia
02-02-2014, 02:27 PM
was born/grew up within 1/2 half of 'barca' and I believe , like RM had appeared in their teams.

italia
02-02-2014, 02:52 PM
because he's not consistent enough ! makes a lot of mistakes [ but you have to be involved to be so ] strolls about his work in a 'lazy' manner; sir jimmy bullard was a ' whiz bang' ENGLISH player here it s cold and damp ,not 25 degrees at 8.30 on a balmy Spanish evening. Brilliant 'footballer' in the true sense; creative, inventive, scorer of goals [ reading last year both feet and a header , wow ! fully deserves his place.

grumpster
02-02-2014, 03:45 PM
because he's not consistent enough ! makes a lot of mistakes [ but you have to be involved to be so ] strolls about his work in a 'lazy' manner; sir jimmy bullard was a ' whiz bang' ENGLISH player here it s cold and damp ,not 25 degrees at 8.30 on a balmy Spanish evening. Brilliant 'footballer' in the true sense; creative, inventive, scorer of goals [ reading last year both feet and a header , wow ! fully deserves his place.

thanks for your double whammy Italia. both informative and cleared things up :O