PDA

View Full Version : FAO Anybody who was there today

backofthenet
01-02-2014, 06:07 PM
I wasn't there, and could only follow on my phone using BBC website.

I know nothing of our performance, give me some good news?

Did we outplay them and deserve it?

DanRrr
01-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Not sure what others will say to my view. But being honest, if any game has worried me this season, it was this one. Blackpool were by far the worst team I've seen this season. I mean, absolutely terrible and we should have put the game to bed by 30 minutes. We were by far the better side, (but that doesn't say much). We we're OK and did what was required, so maybe I'm being unfair. But again, too much trying to walk it into the net rather than shooting. Conway looks good. We dominated, but the scoreline was poor IMO for a team as dire as Blackpool were.

seventwo
01-02-2014, 06:24 PM
The stats aren't encouraging. :blue:

needle
01-02-2014, 06:59 PM
We flattered to deceive looked promising for a while and then struggled to put the worst side I have seen this season away . I thought Rhodes and Gestede offered us nothing , Cairney needs a rest and Dunny is still our most creative player .

Howie5o
01-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Poor performance against a very poor side ..our attacking display was awful ..a game to forget ..3 points being a bonus ..i dunno ..we just dont look right as a team ..

backofthenet
01-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys.

Was hoping to hear better news, but hey ho, at least we won :D

needle
01-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Poor performance against a very poor side ..our attacking display was awful ..a game to forget ..3 points being a bonus ..i dunno ..we just dont look right as a team ..
Spot on !

champs95
01-02-2014, 07:50 PM

I didn't go today, my Dad did, and he pretty much said what you did.
I do feel we have made lots of progress of the field, and trimmed down a huge wage bill. But that's fk all to do with what's served up on a sat afternoon (and a bloody cold one) I dunno, a big part of me feels if we keep the majority of this team together, we will do something in this league. It took Cardiff years, same with Leicester. It's still very early for this young side & manager. Today sounds like there is no visible improvement. We still sit just outside the play offs, and that's maybe where we will end up. 3 wins against Derby, Barnsley and today would've put us right in it. We just aren't quite there. But it's the finest of margins IMO.

backofthenet
01-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Like I said I wasn't there. However after a quick check, only derby and reading have beat Blackpool by more than two goals this year.

Maybe we can take some encouragement from that?

DanRrr
01-02-2014, 08:10 PM
It is a bit hard to say. We were pretty cr@p, but then we didn't have to be good, (rairly got out of park, let alone 1st gear). But the lack of shooting on clear cut chances is beyond frustrating. Playing Cairney wide right, is annoying, he'd be much better in the centre. We could be much better. And maybe should be?

jordan12rhodes
01-02-2014, 08:18 PM
We could be much better. And maybe should be?

oooo, questioning bowyer..? :O

for me, we`ve not produced a truly convincing home display since beating barnsley and bolton way back earlier this season. it`s been downhill since then imo..

the idea is that your supposed to get better the longer a manager gets in the job, IF he`s upto it that is..

does anyone wish to review their opinion(their dismissel) of my comment that we are top 10 but scraping results like a relegation battling side..?

DanRrr
01-02-2014, 08:24 PM

Not so much. He's learning and like the team, has a way to go yet. If it's the same in a year, then he obviously isn't one to progress. But so far things are OK to me. There are areas like to see improvement in. But things need to be worked at one at a time to build a team and non of us know what his priorities are or his reasoning, so can't really comment directly. Coaches that can impliment a number of changes that turn out to be sucessful all at once are few and far between.

jordan12rhodes
01-02-2014, 08:27 PM

Coaches that can impliment a number of changes that turn out to be sucessful all at once are few and far between.[/quote]

yeah sadly big sam and pulis are already employed in the prem..

needle
01-02-2014, 08:33 PM

Coaches that can impliment a number of changes that turn out to be sucessful all at once are few and far between.[/quote]

yeah sadly big sam and pulis are already employed in the prem..[/quote]
Noncence !

Howie5o
01-02-2014, 08:34 PM
does anyone wish to review their opinion on my comment that we are top 10 playing but scraping results like a relegation battling side..?

not entirely sure when you made this statement ..but no..
this league is is a league of very similiar quality sides (last year certainly shows that with the low points to play offs yet high points to stop up )..yes top ten side wih a lil luck top six ..

jordan12rhodes
01-02-2014, 08:37 PM
does anyone wish to review their opinion on my comment that we are top 10 playing but scraping results like a relegation battling side..?

this league is is a league of very similiar quality sides (last year certainly shows that with the low points to play offs yet high points to stop up )..yes top ten side wih a lil luck top six ..

what i`m saying is, is there any differance in how we win games now, to how we did under bowyer last season when we just survived? i say no i.e. i don`t see any progress being made..

needle
01-02-2014, 08:42 PM
we are top 10 playing but scraping results like a relegation battling side..?
Exactly what an Allerdyce side does you should be happy . Nonce !

Howie5o
01-02-2014, 08:43 PM

what i`m saying is, is there any differance in how we win games now, to how we did under bowyer last season when we just survived? i say no i.e. i don`t see any progress being made..[/quote]

all on the day ..as i said ..very similiar sides ..the ones that can string a few wins together are the ones that obviously benifit ..GB s tactics are to be questioned at times .. comes across as very naive ..

jordan12rhodes
01-02-2014, 08:49 PM

what i`m saying is, is there any differance in how we win games now, to how we did under bowyer last season when we just survived? i say no i.e. i don`t see any progress being made..[/quote]

all on the day ..as i said ..very similiar sides ..the ones that can string a few wins together are the ones that obviously benifit ..GB s tactics are to be questioned at times .. comes across as very naive ..[/quote]

well leicester, qpr, derby, forest and readin

DanRrr
01-02-2014, 09:10 PM

Watch his post match interview on Rovers player and tell me if there a single thing he says that isn't a concern for all of us? He's a football man, that's clear and he knows what needs doing. - view external link (http://www.player.rovers.co.uk/latest-news/article/3649408)

seventwo
01-02-2014, 09:15 PM
He hasn't got rovers player

DanRrr
01-02-2014, 09:15 PM
He hasn't got rovers player

XD

jordan12rhodes
01-02-2014, 09:19 PM

Watch his post match interview on Rovers player and tell me if there a single thing he says that isn't a concern for all of us? He's a football man, that's clear and he knows what needs doing.[/quote]

i`ve watched countless pundits speak brilliantly insightfully about the game, pointing out things the average joe footy fan would never notice. amongst these pundits are many failed ex-managers who can talk a good game, but fail to impliment it.

talking means nothing.

seventwo
01-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Did you follow the link and watch it Mary?

Howie5o
01-02-2014, 09:23 PM

Watch his post match interview on Rovers player and tell me if there a single thing he says that isn't a concern for all of us? He's a football man, that's clear and he knows what needs doing.[/quote]

i`ve watched countless pundits speak brilliantly insightfully about the game, pointing out things the average joe footy fan would never notice. amongst these pundits are many failed ex-managers who can talk a good game, but fail to impliment it.

talking means nothing.[/quote]

EXACTLY ..so shut the fck up !

DanRrr
01-02-2014, 09:23 PM

talking means nothing.

So you've no interest in Bowyer's view and what he thinks needs working on then?

Howie5o
01-02-2014, 09:24 PM

all on the day ..as i said ..very similiar sides ..the ones that can string a few wins together are the ones that obviously benifit ..GB s tactics are to be questioned at times .. comes across as very naive ..[/q

jordan12rhodes
01-02-2014, 09:25 PM

talking means nothing.

So you've no interest in Bowyer's view and he's working on then?[/quote]

i am only interested in what happens when the players cross that white line. nobody ever in the history of the game kept their job through talking well, irrespective of performance, did they..?

seventwo
01-02-2014, 09:27 PM

talking means nothing.

i am only interested in what happens when the players cross that white line. nobody ever in the history of the game kept their job through talking well, irrespective of performance, did they..?[/quote]

The nonce didn't watch it. Rovers player was one of his many, many lies.

Howie5o
01-02-2014, 09:31 PM

talking means nothing.

i am only interested in what happens when the players cross that white line. nobody ever in the history of the game kept their job through talking well, irrespective of performance, did they..?[/quote]

XD ...and what about stats ..you was such a believer in stats saxo you could tell those who went to a game how it was ..remember ..??

needle
01-02-2014, 09:31 PM
More s h it from Mary !!

jordan12rhodes
01-02-2014, 09:35 PM
to tell you the truth, you can`t go off rovers player how the games went. i was quite satisfied that we dominated and won 2-0 today until i`ve now read YOUR comments tonight(ironic eh?). now i`m discontent again..

Howie5o
01-02-2014, 09:37 PM
i am only interested in what happens when the players cross that white line. nobody ever in the history of the game kept their job through talking well, irrespective of performance, did they..?

and as you veryyy rarely see those players cross that white line ..how can you comment ..?..please expand .

DanRrr
01-02-2014, 10:02 PM
to tell you the truth, you can`t go off rovers player how the games went. i was quite satisfied that we dominated and won 2-0 today until i`ve now read YOUR comments tonight(ironic eh?). now i`m discontent again..

Yes, the players did was required, so no complaints there. The win was never in doubt, aside from worrying at 1-0 that the ref would give them a weak pen or some daft decision that would get them back into the game.

The comments of those that went are because we can all see the players are capable of more. There's an issue in the layout of the team in Cairney for me. But I also understand that there's certain plays you want on a pitch and sometimes it means putting some out of their best position to get them on, becasue you want so and so, (OK I mean Lowe), in the other position. The lack of shots when it was better to shoot than to pass was frustrating and the lack of wide play until Conway came on was a concern.

jordan12rhodes
01-02-2014, 10:06 PM
gary bowyer comments will not influence me one way or another unless it`s put into use on the field. it may score him points with you, fair enough, but not with me..

seventwo
01-02-2014, 10:10 PM
gary bowyer comments will not influence me one way or another unless it`s put into use on the field. it may score him points with you, fair enough, but not with me..

Did you watch it nonce?

Howie5o
01-02-2014, 10:17 PM
you didnt see the game GB at least did ..his comments are more relevant than yours..and anything GB does put into practice .again ..you will not see ..so ..basically your input on here is rather irelevant ..all comments ..no meaning ..

champs95
01-02-2014, 10:28 PM
you didnt see the game GB at least did ..his comments are more relevant than yours..and anything GB does put into practice .again ..you will not see ..so ..basically your input on here is rather irelevant ..all comments ..no meaning ..[/quote]

I have a really cool little dog called Brian (a Jack Russell) his comments are more relevant than saxo's .

seventwo
01-02-2014, 10:31 PM
you didnt see the game GB at least did ..his comments are more relevant than yours..and anything GB does put into practice .agairiann ..you will not see ..so ..basically your input on here is rather irelevant ..all comments ..no meaning ..[/quote]

I have a really cool little dog called Brian (a Jack Russell) his comments are more relevant than saxo's .[/quote]

I bet he isn't as prolific XD

Howie5o
01-02-2014, 10:44 PM
you didnt see the game GB at least did ..his comments are more relevant than yours..and anything GB does put into practice .again ..you will not see ..so ..basically your input on here is rather irelevant ..all comments ..no meaning ..[/quote]

I have a really cool little dog called Brian (a Jack Russell) his comments are more relevant than saxo's .[/quote]

that maybe true ..but i think Brian may be struggling looking through keyholes ..Saxo got that area covered ..according to his ***ploits he recounted on here ..XD

bigmoon
01-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Cracking thread again, however I am starting to feel sorry for Saxo... :blue:

You're all a bunch of cyber-bullies :D

seventwo
01-02-2014, 11:25 PM

I know what you mean bigun but he is one fecking lying chunt.

champs95
02-02-2014, 12:10 AM

that maybe true ..but i think Brian may be struggling looking through keyholes ..Saxo got that area covered ..according to his ***ploits he recounted on here ..XD[/quote]

:D :D where's that damn 'like' button when you need it!!?? :D :D

jordan12rhodes
02-02-2014, 01:09 AM

don`t worry moony, check back on the thread. i`m just ignoring the bollox now.. ;)

they talk footy and i`ll respond, anything else and ...

cloggyjimmybrfc
02-02-2014, 08:17 AM
went on today,
Thought we were containing them again after the first goal.bowyer seems to be scared to let the young lads express themselve,hence the lack of opportunities at long range.
Blackpool are on freefall and they will be lucky to stay mid table come may.
Conway looks a tidy compact player,lets hope he can stay wit5h us next season and push us on from this season.
Rudy and rhodes didnt cause a lot of problems,but i rate rudy highly,hes a pain for any cb and will be a great asset to rovers,pity about marshall,as i think king though hes got the pace and the ability to beat a man,his shooting at times is awful.glad to see robbo back in the side,marshalls the defence brilliantly,though the worry is,if he gets injured.
Cairney needs to be around centre mid where he will be more penetrating,hope evans comes back soon,hes another lad who i rate highly...another good performance by dunny...wish he was ten years younger,we wouldnt need to buy all these midfielders and waste on wages.
Im

blue_bruce
03-02-2014, 08:47 PM

Clearly forgotten Steve Kean already then.

DarwenBlue1969
03-02-2014, 09:01 PM

Clearly forgotten Steve Kean already then.[/quote]

LIKE :star:

champs95
03-02-2014, 09:23 PM

Brian Kidd didn't do a bad job on that front either.

AucklandRover
04-02-2014, 01:30 AM

LIKE :star:[/quote]

Well, actually, SK kept his job despite being a crap manager AND speaking like an over-excited robot which had been fed only on cliches and blind-pills.