PDA

View Full Version : Experience Still Needed

ramspride
01-02-2014, 06:40 PM
I hope today's result convinces Steve that we must get an experienced defender in the emergency loan period to stand a chance of going up.

Cayman47
01-02-2014, 06:56 PM
The players showed a lack of thinking the last 20 minutes, but so did the management, ok take bam ford off but put on Thorne or even whitbread on, not another attacker...expected more from Steve

Bear DCFC
01-02-2014, 07:27 PM
The players showed a lack of thinking the last 20 minutes, but so did the management, ok take bam ford off but put on Thorne or even whitbread on, not another attacker...expected more from Steve

Steve's positive substitutions have worked for him up to today so why change them? Even when we've been winning he's brought on attackers for attackers. I've got no issue with the management.

blackandwhite56
01-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Eustace looked tired and lacks mobility. He should have been substituted - he's struggling to do the job he's there for.

Mind you there were one or two others who made some bad decisions.

Rapid
02-02-2014, 12:19 AM

Steve's positive substitutions have worked for him up to today so why change them? Even when we've been winning he's brought on attackers for attackers. I've got no issue with the management.[/quote]

while I agree with your general point he got it badly wrong today mate (probably for the first time to be fair). we were cruising. he took hughes off who was arguably our best player and we immediately stopped controlling the game. martin was very good, holding the ball up and linking everything. as soon as he went off the ball was never going to stick.

like you say I'd much rather see us go for a goal at 3-1 and get pegged back to 3-3 on the odd occasion if it means keep attacking. under nige

Bear DCFC
02-02-2014, 09:34 AM

Steve's positive substitutions have worked for him up to today so why change them? Even when we've been winning he's brought on attackers for attackers. I've got no issue with the management.[/quote]

while I agree with your general point he got it badly wrong today mate (probably for the first time to be fair). we were cruising. he took hughes off who was arguably our best player and we immediately stopped controlling the game. martin was very good, holding the ball up and linking everything. as soon as he went off the ball was never going to stick.

like you say I'd much rather see us go for a goal at 3-1 and get pegged back to 3-3 on the odd occa

swaledale
04-02-2014, 10:11 PM
I hope today's result convinces Steve that we must get an experienced defender in the emergency loan period to stand a chance of going up.

I doubt we will find an experienced quality defender available for loan!

The fact is if we needed that then last summer was when we should have bought one and you cant blame that on McClaren.