PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day at the office for Watson

jocklatic
01-02-2014, 07:32 PM
How he stayed on the pitch today was a mystery. His distribution was woeful & so many misplaced passes yet he still managed to do a full 90min?? When we got the free kick in injury time i thought 'Oh B@llocks' when Ben was standing over the ball but thankfully Jordi was adamant he was taking it.
Didn't think Maynard had a good game either & seemed well off the pace. He may well be suited to playing alongside MAF????

Ihaventaclue
01-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Clearly Ihaventaclue but I didn't think he was that bad. My only frustration with him was when his first corner landed in Morecambe.
Maybe the euphoria and delria of the last 3 minutes clouded over the previous 90.
I thought everyone did ok, Uwe played a blinder, I got a bit cold in manky conditions, Ali got a couple of essential saves in and enjoyed celebrating our goals and Charlton did what they had to do ... fill the box with defenders i.e. everyone every time we attacked.
Stunner from "Jordi, who scores when he wants".
Not disappointed - in the end!!

Cb0891
01-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Think it was a bad day for a few players today. Watson should have gone off instead of mccann al habsi and the defence didnt seem as settled as normal and went to sleep for the charlton goal. Mclean and mccann stood out for me the rest where hit and miss and maynard was off the pace but he isnt match fit. All the subs made a massive difference and maf looks better with each game. Thank god rosler made the right subs at the right time.

camltoe
02-02-2014, 01:50 AM
Watson seems to have been issued with the task of controlling everything we do while playing deeper than he's used to. Every time there is no clear through ball for anyone else, it seems like the instruction is get it to Watson to conduct play, no matter if he's free or not. Half the time he was given the ball he was under pressure and as he saw so much of the ball, usually while marked, his mistakes stood out. Cant explain the passes he fecked up with all the time in the World though.

Frustrating as we all know he can do much better. Heard plenty calling for Espinosa to replace him, but while Espi is great at breaking up play and getting the ball, he's a bit blind at to where he should knock it, usually just chosing the player closest. Watson has vision, but for half his game today, he couldnt hit the ball where he needed to. (Yeah I know, kind of instrumental in his role!)

Webbs21
02-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Thought it was a bad (and lucky) day at the office for the manager to be honest.

I don't think Watson stood out as poor, but he is one of those that gets destroyed for a misplaced pass that others get away with.

Uwe picked the wrong team. He left better players on the bench, but not only that, he started the match with an unbalanced, uncreative team. He eventually changed it with the substitutions so credit to him for that, but he should have identified that the team that started was lacking.

If Nicky Maynard is going to make it at Wigan, he needs good central midfielders with vision and a creative spark. That is not McCann and McArthur, they are runners. We had Gomez and Espinoza on the bench who can comfortably fit that role. If Uwe is starting runners in the midfield, then Fortune has to play instead of Maynard.

The starting team that had players that were ALL making forward runs away from the ball carrier, nobody was coming the other way to pick up the ball to feet.

Ultimatel