PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Grant

DGFG
01-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Immense today - reminiscent of the relentless Neil Lennon back in the day.

grestyraider7
01-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Couldn't agree more. He worked himself into the floor today. Chuks was a good call for m.o.t.m with Two superb goals, but if you looked beyond that, Grant took the award for me, tackling & running, broke their limited play up superbly..a reformed player!!

sacrewebleu
01-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Also agree, so why didnt SD acknowledge that on radio stoke. Hopefully the clip I heard was shortened and he waxed lyrical on Grant and we hear it on crewe alex. Ive never accepted this attitude bit over Grant, when I saw him demoted to the 21s and playback his attitude was excellent and it would surely show in that arena where others have sulked. Surely the problem was the shambles he joined and what we sold him as a club. Now that a lot of that rubbish has left for other clubs hes finding better players to combine with and interested.

ive said before, always Grant plus one other. Not a fan of Ellis but I thought the way he attacked the ball with his heading was also massive. If I remember the times hes ducked out of headers or against stevenage, it was a massive plus today.

lets hope weve found a spine right down the middle and can now push on.

AlexLeicester
01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
I thought that Grant was immense and a totally changed and vastly improved player than the first half of the season. I'd still give Chuks the MotM, but Grant was close.
Inman did not have his best game, but he was still a handful for the Sheffield guys. To me that is the measure of the man.

For 45 minutes we did not have control of the game, and Chuks still managed to score two brilliant goals. The second half was one of the best I have seen us play, and we nearly didn't capitalise on it.

Ellis, I agree, headed well, but I do wish he would stop passing to imaginary, invisible wingers.

sacrewebleu
01-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Also agree over Ellis passing, but today he was a defender and did the basics which he hasnt been all season, so well done.

With regard to helping his distribution, id be tempted to play him left back, that way when he constantly slices it the ball stays in play and feeds the right winger:blue: :D

bonehead
01-02-2014, 08:46 PM
yes Grant was the real deal again - think he has steadily improved having room to play without ozzy

big shout for Ellis as its been said

but Guthrie had a super game too . played with confidence

A J still needs to believe in himself more

would of played pogba inside from start

CHUCKS is crap so Arsenal wont mind giving him us when his contract runs out - in fact i insist

grestyraider7
01-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Fully agree Bonehead. Mr Wenger will understand and comply!!!!!

Timon
01-02-2014, 09:54 PM
With Grant it's as if we signed a new player, since Christmas he's been brilliant. Big credit to him & SD for sorting out the situation (whatever it was) it could well be the saviour of our season.

As for Chuks, every chance he'll not be required at Arsenal. His biog clearly states - Nationality English XD

Stealex
02-02-2014, 08:05 AM
I was gutted when we thought he was set to leave the club as he's exactly the sort of player that we have lacked for a long time. First on the team sheet for me, he's our engine.

As for mom yesterday, Grant or Guthrie for me.

out0lunch
02-02-2014, 11:51 PM
For me AG was my MoM
I have said all along since we signed him that he would be a great signing
However he did not endear himself to the dressing room at the beginning.
He was everywhere spotting the dangers and also setting up some attacks

Garrett needs to 'bully' his defence more as he is No.1
Toots great at right back
Guthrie had a great game and with Inman's help stifled Brayford for much of the time, mind this did not help Brad's attacking instincts.
CH's steady
Evans, I am not too keen as he gives the ball away too much but prob his best game so far
Pogs, still getting match fit but gave there left back loads of problems who was gasping for air after about 20 mins like some of SU team. (fitness?)

Chuks seemed off the pace but then suddenly ... wow 2 great goals
I felt sorry for AJ as he made some good runs across their back 4 but not seen by our mid-field. He lacks confidence in his scoring ability as seen in his chance in the first half, instead of hitting it first time he tr

AlexLeicester
03-02-2014, 08:45 AM
With Grant it's as if we signed a new player, since Christmas he's been brilliant. Big credit to him & SD for sorting out the situation (whatever it was) it could well be the saviour of our season.

As for Chuks, every chance he'll not be required at Arsenal. His biog clearly states - Nationality English XD

I think I said it on another post, but I sat next to Arsenal's North-West man at the MK Dons game. He was there to report back (presumably to Wenger) on Chuks.
His comments were that Chuks will never be PL standard, but he looks good at this level. He needs to speed up and improve his 'ocean liner' turning circle.
I am very pleased he was not at Saturday's game. ;-D