01-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Rubbish…Rubbish…Rubbish…Rubbish.

I was hoping the first half would be the worst half but it wasn't

Rubbish…Rubbish……

AND TO RUB IT IN CONNOLLY SCORED THE WINNING GOAL FOR OXFORD

At least Stoke beat Manure !

Lancer
01-02-2014, 08:04 PM
And…. why did we employ a manager who was sacked because his last five games were lost ???

bluekite
01-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Why indeed, we have a manager who has managed 2 wins in is it 10 games with us ? Add in Crawley it makes 2 in 15... I am with you on this Lancer...why ? We also have a large group of players who don't know the feeling of playing in a winning team.. all very worrying

pompeygun
01-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Mmmmmm, the whole thing is a tad fishy IMO. Catlin was Barkers CEO @ Bury & the fact that the betting odds had Barker nailed on from day 1 speaks volumes.
I worry about that tbh.

midhurstblue
02-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I agree entirely with the above:blue: :blue: post.

PompeyScarf
02-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Andi. why did we employ a manager who was sacked because his last five games were lost ???

Because that's the way the majority of management appointments work.

Managers who are doing well either stay put or move on to clubs with even more potential for success.

Why would a manger who's doing well at a club want to come to Pompey at the moment?

PompeyScarf
02-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Mmmmmm, the whole thing is a tad fishy IMO. Catlin was Barkers CEO @ Bury & the fact that the betting odds had Barker nailed on from day 1 speaks volumes.
I worry about that tbh.

Exaclty what I thought at the time.

chiblu
02-02-2014, 04:06 PM
2 bad management appointments so far. The board said that they might make mistakes to begin with but these two are monumental gaffes! All the other teams in the division have the same pool of crap to fish in but the teams that come to FP show more fight and willingness so their managers are doing their jobs.

Lancer
02-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Back to the way we played a??. Only one of our players showed determination and I could see him getting annoyed. He wasn't getting the ball so on a number of accessions he went out on the wing to get it. I thought Ryan Taylor worked hard during the whole game.

Our team failed to assist by getting into space. A number of times passes failed because our guys refused to move and get into space. These are basics.

There was very little determination, many times I saw our people go to intercept but pull back and not commit. Also I could see our people giving up at the last second and allowing opponents to get the ball.

We continually gave the ball away.

Just kicking the ball blindley into the opponents half does not win matches.

We had a lot of running about but not achieving anything, we lack determinationa??. We gave up !