PDA

View Full Version : happy days

banno
01-02-2014, 09:54 PM
winning a derby in the last minute of injury time, does it get any better ?
good game with lots of talking points
my thoughts are that the ref got most of the big decisions right but the tele will no doubt prove either way,
barnsley defended well, to there credit and must be gutted but i think we got what we deserved (just about)

hirstyboywonder
01-02-2014, 10:16 PM
good game with lots of talking points
my thoughts are that the ref got most of the big decisions right but the tele will no doubt prove either way,
barnsley defended well, to there credit and must be gutted but i think we got what we deserved (just about)

There were more dives than a dodgy episode of splash but for Wilson to try and defend Frimpong is ludicrous. The ref was lenient with him early on, he should have been booked sooner and his second yellow was at least a booking whichever way you look at it.

Barnsley did play well with 10, strangely enough we were giving them more problems when it was 11 v 11.

b1gduk
01-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Firs 20 mins you had the lions share of posession. Then we came back into it and dominated up until pingpong got sent off for an untidy challenge.

You got your tails up but our 10 defended well until it was 10 vs 10 when we again had the momentum. We went to 9 and we know what happened then.

It was a closely contested game throughout both sides claim a penalty decision so cancel ones right to clain injustice on that score.

You got the 3 points, harsh but putting the ball in the net is the of the game so congratulations. Until next time. >:)

Owler
01-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Overall we deserved it, playing against 10 men can always be difficult if not in front.

Barnsley defended very well without little threat, class told in end.

hirstyboywonder
01-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Firs 20 mins you had the lions share of posession. Then we came back into it and dominated up until pingpong got sent off for an untidy challenge.

You got your tails up but our 10 defended well until it was 10 vs 10 when we again had the momentum. We went to 9 and we know what happened then.

It was a closely contested game throughout both sides claim a penalty decision so cancel ones right to clain injustice on that score.

You got the 3 points, harsh but putting the ball in the net is the of the game so congratulations. Until next time. >:)

I would say that's a fairly sound summary although I wouldn't say you getting 3 corners in a row amounted to dominating for ten minutes. All Frimpong did was foul and having already been booked just minutes earlier the tackle he made was stupid, and that's being kind to him.

aussieowl
02-02-2014, 12:08 AM

You mean like this banno...XD - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJrDFpdGacI)

aussieowl
02-02-2014, 12:13 AM
I like how their right back gives the ball back to Wednesday, then backs off, we score, he sinks to his knees & then the keeper runs out & bollacks him...poor fker..;)

braggyowl
02-02-2014, 06:12 AM
The most dirty side to visit Hillsborough this season so far...And up to ping pong getting sent off we absolutely battered them..In that half hour the posession must have been 80/20 in our favour...We got what we deserved, all three points.
They got what they deserved...Nowt.

braggyowl
02-02-2014, 06:14 AM
By the way aussie...Love the vid. ;D

b1gduk
02-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Overall we deserved it, playing against 10 men can always be difficult if not in front.

Barnsley defended very well without little threat, class told in end.

Shame this class you speak of doesn't extend to some of your posters.

Owler
02-02-2014, 12:30 PM
The most dirty side to visit Hillsborough this season so far...And up to ping pong getting sent off we absolutely battered them..In that half hour the posession must have been 80/20 in our favour...We got what we deserved, all three points.

You forgot to mention the cheating.

That Mellis took a right dive trying to win a penalty just before he got sent off.

Ref was poor but he was spot on with not giving penalty but he should have booked him.

banno
02-02-2014, 12:50 PM

You mean like this banno...XD[/quote]

yeah, exactly like that :)

braggyowl
02-02-2014, 03:19 PM

You forgot to mention the cheating.

That Mellis took a right dive trying to win a penalty just before he got sent off.

Ref was poor but he was spot on with not giving penalty but he should have booked him.[/quote]

Truth hurts em Owler...We got what we deserved and they got what they deserved...Simple as that. UTO FTP.

Romared
02-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Not fair that but good luck you seem to have escaped , just one question ? Who is this smashyerfacin guy / girl ? Embarrsed for you ;D love the banter etc but this wun int real ;D ciao ROMA .