PDA

View Full Version : OT - International Champions Cup in Michigan

MichiganWolf
02-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Watched the International Champions Cup last summer and thought it was somewhat of a joke and just a big money grab, but I'll still support it because by having it in the States, it'll help increase support and interest in the sport here.

But Michigan Stadium aka The Big House in Ann Arbor, MI will host Manchester United and Real Madrid on August 2. While the matches will feature mostly 2nd choice and reserve team players, I'm still excited to get a chance to see two of the biggest brands in footy face off. Though I doubt Ronaldo, Rooney, RVP, Modric, Ramos and some others will be there due to the World Cup just ending, it will still feature some talented players.

The Big House seats 110,000+ every home game for American football and has been the home to two hockey spectacles that drew over 100,000 as well. The University of Michigan received $3,000,000 in rental for the NHL Winter Classic featuring the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs on New Year's Day. I don't know if th

wolves71
02-02-2014, 09:19 PM
[quote="MichiganWolf"]Watched the International Champions Cup last summer and thought it was somewhat of a joke and just a big money grab, but I'll still support it because by having it in the States, it'll help increase support and interest in the sport here.

But Michigan Stadium aka The Big House in Ann Arbor, MI will host Manchester United and Real Madrid on August 2. While the matches will feature mostly 2nd choice and reserve team players, I'm still excited to get a chance to see two of the biggest brands in footy face off. Though I doubt Ronaldo, Rooney, RVP, Modric, Ramos and some others will be there due to the World Cup just ending, it will still feature some talented players.

The Big House seats 110,000+ every home game for American football and has been the home to two hockey spectacles that drew over 100,000 as well. The University of Michigan received $3,000,000 in rental for the NHL Winter Classic featuring the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto

Robus
02-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Sounds like fun. Shouldn't be any trouble getting a ticket with that number of seats available. Ann Arbor is a pretty nice town for being so close to you-know-where... :P

MichiganWolf
03-02-2014, 01:15 AM
Definitely looking to go to it if the prices are reasonable. Might attend with my indoor footy team and make a tailgate out of it.

And Robus, Olympiacos and Liverpool will be playing in Chicago in late July as part of the same event.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-02-2014, 04:35 AM
Sounds like fun. Shouldn't be any trouble getting a ticket with that number of seats available. Ann Arbor is a pretty nice town for being so close to you-know-where... :P

Excuse my ignorance old chap but where is "you know where", please enlighten me!:D

Robus
03-02-2014, 05:50 AM

Excuse my ignorance old chap but where is "you know where", please enlighten me!:D[/quote]

The Devil's foyer: - view external link (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit)

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Excuse my ignorance old chap but where is "you know where", please enlighten me!:D[/quote]

The Devil's foyer:[/quote]

Still non the wiser mate! :? :-?

Robus
03-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Detroit.