PDA

View Full Version : Messageboard implosion?

Kynson
02-02-2014, 07:26 AM
I've not been on here much this season, and not at all for what feels like months, but I was surprised to see so little activity here. The first two pages covering a fortnight? It used to be that two pages wouldn't even cover a day of posts.

Which of the following has it been due to:
- the slow decline being presided over by the incumbent incompetents
- the poor performances by players
- the bigots, trolls, and fools
- other
- all of the above

Anyway, I hope that you all are well.

perthblue
02-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Hi Dave

A combination of all of the above along with Footymad changing servers and making it too hard/impossible for some boarders to log on...

Qwertyyoop
02-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Not quite sure to whom you are referring to as incumbents and incompetents,the directors of our club, or the controllers of this board, however as the fat lady sings, stats don't lie and last week this board attracted 102 posts as opposed to the new alternative board which recorded 767 posts.
Draw your own conclusions but I, and. I am sure . many others simply can't be bothered with the aggro and insults which several dickheads on this board seem able to use with impunity.
Prefer not to get involved with those who throw insults like cretins and retards around with apparent freedom from sanctions.
In saying this I actually prefer this board, and would be disappointed if the vitriol supplied by the minority proved to be terminal.

BlueBalls
02-02-2014, 10:50 AM
bigots,trolls and fools are a manifestation of the incompetent incumbents at BP.

The numbers of posts are no indication of supporter interest in CUFC since a significant proportion of posts digress from the topic. Like this:-

Quote Moyes "I don't know what we have to do to win" a brave admission from the cause of the scum's downfall. Let his tenancy continue.

BOBATON
02-02-2014, 12:49 PM
That 2 week spell when FM were doing some server changes was a total disaster for this board. Access at the time was extremely slow or no access at all.
Then a new board became available when no one at FM seemed to give a toss about the situation and now its like most of the other clubs FM messageboards - dead.

dcblue
03-02-2014, 10:16 AM
losing access because they don't recognise your account... it must be Abbott's new sideline...

lukewarmwater
03-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Where is this new alternative more popular message board at?
Thanks in advance.

dancingbear
03-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Here... - view external link (http://thecumbrians.boards.net/board/1/related-carlisle-united)

cufcdeano
03-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Or if you want something slightly easier to remember:
www.thecumbrians.net - view external link (www.thecumbrians.net)

sum_baynton
03-02-2014, 09:42 PM
I'd put it down to, in no particular order:
-Tashy being feckless/ignorant/lazy/displaying favouritism to certain members and generally being crap at his job
-A large minority of posters that are racist/bigoted/insulting and wouldn't say in person what they say while hiding behind their keyboards (nevermore, knackerrash, etc)
-The new board having really good admins/moderators
-the new board being much better to use on mobile phones

And generally better crack

Nevermore666
03-02-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm hurt that you think of me as a racist or a bigot. Who do I insult?

sum_baynton
03-02-2014, 10:30 PM
"I'm hurt that you think of me as a racist or a bigot. Who do I insult?"

oŸ˜„oŸ˜„oŸ˜„

Nevermore666
03-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Nice reply but could we have in in English next time or am I bieng racist?

sum_baynton
04-02-2014, 02:32 AM
Nevermore, it's because this clart messageboard doesn't always show the a tual characters that has been shown on other threads.

I don't know why Tashkent doesn't just jack in, how much does a moderator get paid for this sort of thing and is someone like him being moderated himself to make sure he's up to speed. I'm assuming he gets paid for his cut n paste from the Internet article in the match programme too ?

HedgehogsTeeth
04-02-2014, 03:03 AM
Top Tip - email Tashy with your concerns and he might not see it as an inappropriate personal attack on himself?

1954blue
04-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Personally I think it is due to that ( seemingly ) long spell when access was almost impossible. There seemed little or no management and it was a long time before Tashy actually replied to concerns. Admittedly things were out of his control but he could certainly have let us know earlier.

The increase of abuse - which for some posters almost seemed to become the norm - did not help as more and more lost interest and therefore the number of abusive posts seemed to increase proportionally.

Thailander
04-02-2014, 03:48 PM
The messageboard was (and now is terminally) in meltdown and Tashy the so called moderator seemed totally oblivious. Either that or he just couldn't be arsed to tell us.(Is that personal? Yes, but it is the truth and he deserves the criticism). As for BS about being busy, how long does your average couple of sentences take to write to inform boarders who are the lifeblood and have contributed on here for years? It was almost like a parody of the clubs BoD's!

These two issues have essentially killed it.The the other board is far from perfect and the design is child like in some ways, but it does have a moderator that gives a **** and the vibe at the moment is good.

RIP CUFC Online!!

FellowTraveler
04-02-2014, 03:54 PM
BO, Knyson and all:

Bo, other than the outright 2 week crash, the MB had over the last year or more prior to the crash suffered a series of other user issues. Many related to older programs used by some posters and nasty ad issues .. These issue were common and increasing in frequency for far too many posters. Simply, the MB has become an unreliable physical nuisance for many to use.

As I'm entering now, the screen is flickering burping and stalling.. Proving, the supposed fix for many on the MB continues to be fraught with problems. At least, it working somewhat better now

Remember, this MB has crashed in the past. There was the big one. Where all old posts ands were lost and it did it a 2nd time later that year for many - happening around the turn of the new millennium. The MB got bigger because of it or at least, in spite of it.

This time has been worse - no doubt. But, I would agree there are other issues causing the decline of the MB.

Kynson: To attack the user

Piglet_Phoenix
04-02-2014, 06:47 PM
It's because I don't post as much any more.

When I was on here more regularly, keeping everyone interested any entertained - provoking passion and excitement, the fans lapped it up.

Now I am more occasional and restrained, this board is a mere shadow of its former self without me in full flow.

So there's nothing to keep anyone here nor stop anyone joining Deano's primary school bumfest on the other board.

Good riddance I say. I much prefer this board now all the morons have departed.

malsy
05-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Agreed, - well there's a first! ;-)

FellowTraveler
05-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Piggy: Divide and conquer huh???

I for one miss all who have departed...

There is no one ever who has left this MB and has not diminished the MB over the years IMO..

Inclusion is the key to success of any MB.

Exclusion is the tool of the those who would destroy this club and follow their own selfish agenda - even as hirelings for others to serve their evil purposes.

loser
05-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Did Tashy actually get paid for doing this?

sum_baynton
05-02-2014, 11:33 PM
"Did Tashy actually get paid for doing this?"
Probably not. He'd probably have been given the mallet ages ago if he was getting paid.

Piglet_Phoenix
06-02-2014, 12:07 AM
I think you have to be extremely retarded to go and recreate this forum elsewhere when it already exists here.

What they don't realise is, it will ultimately end up exactly the same as this one. It's the people that make the forum, not the forum that makes the people.

They've created their very own island from "Lord of the Flies".

sum_baynton
06-02-2014, 01:50 AM
"They've created their very own island from "Lord of the Flies"."

Interesting choice of analogy given that in that book (or film, whatever)one of the main characters, "Piggy", gets chucked off a cliff to his death! ;D

sum_baynton
06-02-2014, 02:38 AM
"II think you have to be extremely retarded to go and recreate this forum elsewhere when it already exists here.

What they don't realise is, it will ultimately end up exactly the same as this one. It's the people that make the forum, not the forum that makes the people."

If there was pub you liked that ended up full of dickheads you were sick of, and a new one opened round the corner that you happened to like, it justifies the new pub opening. Especially if one patron who had so little confidence in the nonsense he talks to keep calling peoe retarded or calling them retards. Still, I suppose all pubs have a bore who sits at the bar spouting the same stuff. after paying him lip service for the first few times, eventually people realise he isn't a character, he's incredibly dull, and leave him to it.

HedgehogsTeeth
06-02-2014, 03:27 AM
In a nutshell.

Folk were sick of queuing to get into The Pagoda and so they made The Cats Whiskers their home.

markredfox73
07-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Piglet is correct,why open another forum..The folk are the same..the so called doylems(excluding me) that are on here have probably gone across..and the same crack is made.a pointless exercise.

This board will get back to itself eventually. I intend to start using it regular again now I have relocated to Carlisle and got other stuff sorted out

ipickonpeople
07-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Until this forum arrives into the 21st century, I can't see it getting it's popularity back to what it was. It's like when the vue cinema opened, the Lonsdale was only heading one way with its prehistoric set up.

Granted there need to be improvements at the other place, particularly with the graphics, but by the looks of it the admins are considering these things and putting plans into place.

This forum reminds me of a suicide pact where every day more and more people are changing their minds. In the end there'll be just the few who are too stubborn, probably marktheredfox and piglet.

rorys_guitar
07-02-2014, 02:12 PM
I think your second paragraph (sequence 24) just about hits the nail on the head Piglet.

Screaminbluemessiah
07-02-2014, 09:30 PM
I certainly hope Piglet, Hedgehogsteeth, Bluegadge etc. etc. etc. die with this board.

Nevermore666
07-02-2014, 09:37 PM
I agree. Well said.

HedgehogsTeeth
07-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Wishing that on anyone is a bit harsh screamer.

How many times have you said that you will not post again?

It says a lot about you.

HedgehogsTeeth
07-02-2014, 10:09 PM
"Another 'B' stander here. A good site now that the other one has gone to pan ****e. Lets hope the arseholes, you know who I mean, stay over there."

Just posted by screamer on that new site and he is still logged on this site.

Quality - what a grade 'A' **** XD

orfc
07-02-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm going to hang about on here until I become the longest ever poster (fnaar)