PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to have heard from Steve

Rob_the_Ram
02-02-2014, 12:53 PM
After what was a demoralising last gasp surrender of two points against Brum, I was looking forward to hearing what the head coach thought of it all.
I couldn't make the game through work but listened on RD.
I hope the excuse of other media commitments for Steve was the genuine reason for him not speaking with RD and putting up Simmo. Surely the time you want to hear from the top man is when it's not gone so well rather than when all is rosey.
The stressing of the "other media commitments" seemed a bit of a "whoops, better manage the fans".
After all, after live TV, what could be a more important media commitment than the local radio station with many thousands wanting an insight into the management team's views.
Not really a criticism, more an observation but what do you think?

OldRamsFan
02-02-2014, 02:39 PM
He did speak on the Football League Show but unfortunately I can't remember what he said!
Get it on iPlayer to listen.

Fletch_11
02-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Yes he was answering questions on football league show. I don't think it was a deliberate snub and he wouldn't have said much different to Simmo.
It would have been good to hear what he said but I'm sure his interview with Colin Gibson will be on YouTube soon ;D

Rob_the_Ram
02-02-2014, 04:52 PM
He did speak on the Football League Show but unfortunately I can't remember what he said!

I did see the FL Show interview and Steve's disappointment was there for all to see.
I just feel that straight after the game with the RD listening audience waiting for the manager's views, they should get just that.
RD are more likely to ask relevant questions than the TV who, depending who the interviewer is, probably don't know us.
To me, as previously suggested, it would be better to hear from Simmo instead of Steve when we've just won.
If we haven't done so well, I'd like to hear from the boss his feelings on why.

tricky1972
02-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Bit more here - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZyikDyXZ-Q)

Southstandup
03-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Nice link Tricky. To be fair he looks ****ed!

He said they went all attack basically and shouldn't of. I think the best form of defense is attack i don't want us to lose some of our attacking intent!

Which is what wins us most of our matches recently.

tomsdubs
03-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Players need to learn from this, hopefully they take the experience make it a positive.

Gift_of_the_Gabb
03-02-2014, 11:14 AM

I did see the FL Show interview and Steve's disappointment was there for all to see.
I just feel that straight after the game with the RD listening audience waiting for the manager's views, they should get just that.
RD are more likely to ask relevant questions than the TV who, depending who the interviewer is, probably don't know us.
To me, as previously suggested, it would be better to hear from Simmo instead of Steve when we've just won.
If we haven't done so well, I'd like to hear from the boss his feelings on why.[/quote]

If what I heard is true. He was really p*ssed off and gave the players a real grilling afterwards.

Maybe he hadn't finished in the dressing room before the RD interview deadline?

blackandwhite56
03-02-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't see any reason to be too hard on Steve about what happened post match on Saturday. When we have lost before he has not avoided interview and he has admitted HIS mistakes if relevant. He did film an interview with Gibbo at St Andrews that was on Ramsplayer early Sunday at the latest.

Clough was good at always appearing for interview after a defeat and often let Garner do the interview after a good win. Trouble is Clough's interviews were often very uninformative offering (as Blades fans are now calling it) a game of 'excuse bingo', of all too predictable but useless comments.
After the QPR defeat Steve was all too honest that he himself had got it wrong, showing his class.

Rattea
03-02-2014, 01:23 PM
When rumour becomes fact hey!!!!

The Sheff Utd fans (season ticket holders) I know are very happy with how hes stabilised things and turning them around.

what excuses do you think he was making after beating villa in their own back yard and drawing with Fulham????

They have lost only 4 times since he has been there and undefeated in 2 outings again PL teams!!!!

Their main problem is games in hand they still need to play ...

Gift_of_the_Gabb
03-02-2014, 02:05 PM

The Sheff Utd fans (season ticket holders) I know are very happy with how hes stabilised things and turning them around.

what excuses do you think he was making after beating villa in their own back yard and drawing with Fulham????

They have lost only 4 times since he has been there and undefeated in 2 outings again PL teams!!!!

When rumour becomes fact hey!!!!!

Sheff Utd have lost 5 (Yes your wrong as per usual and I assume will now run away) league games during Clough's reign. He's only won one league point this year.

In the interests of transparency as we can't trust anything the Rat types or moderates- The full run down of his league results are P 14 W 4 D 5 L 5

Yes, he hasn't lost against two Prem teams but if the Blades go down this season then I doubt they will care about beating a Prem team.

Now enough of our former manag

BuxtonRam
03-02-2014, 02:43 PM

Turning them round?!?!? You do realise they're in the bottom 3 don't you?

I work in sheffield, and quite a few of the lads I work with are blades fans, and I can't think of any that are overly chuffed with Clough as manager.

Funny how you always seem to know a set of fans that agree with you when no one else seems to. A bit like the fans that sit round you that all think will hughes is ****. :?

blackandwhite56
03-02-2014, 02:46 PM

So what part of my post is not true? Do more research. It's like the Stoke fans you have quoted in the past - you assume those you know are representative. There are no rumours in my post, just the facts - what some Sheff Utd fans are saying, which I used to illustrate my view of Clough's post match interviews.

I praised Clough for facing the press after a loss. I made no reference to how well Sheff Utd were playing.

Just do one ,you arrogant individual.

UpTheRams1884
03-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Ratty embarrassing himself AGAIN. How the hell is it turning them around? They're 23rd in the league that is in RELEGATION ZONE. GET THE FACT RIGHT. Numpty. XD

Fletch_11
03-02-2014, 07:14 PM

Turning them round?!?!? You do realise they're in the bottom 3 don't you?

I work in sheffield, and quite a few of the lads I work with are blades fans, and I can't think of any that are overly chuffed with Clough as manager.

Funny how you always seem to know a set of fans that agree with you when no one else seems to. A bit like the fans that sit round you that all think will hughes is ****. :?[/quote]

I didn't think Rat had a season ticket this season, or are

Rattea
12-02-2014, 04:42 PM
So let's have a quick look.

First game was Crewe ...

Lost lost to

Shrewsbury
Gillingham
Walsall
Notts county
Crewe

Five then one out. The list I looked at hadn't got that on which was the bbc.

So one game out constitutes a lie does it???

You really are getting desperate XD XD XD XD XD

roger_ramjet
12-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Clough lost twice to Leicester this season when he was our manager.

SM hasn't lose to them at all this season.

Well I am only one out in that statement and comparison, so it doesn't really matter does it.

Facts are facts, you cannot claim to espouse facts and then get them wrong. ****