Lack of experience in the squad will ultimately send us down I fear

Kavs obsession with young boys amazes me...a few older heads are needed

The kids in a dogfight are just a bloody gamble nothing more

BOBATON
02-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Agreed.

trout47
02-02-2014, 04:09 PM
I agree these young loan players have no idea what its all about, but on the other hand we also dont need old journeymen like Cadamarteri and Edwards either.
need players inbetween that can be trained and moulded intoi a team, a winning team.
sadly Kav aint the man.

my_blue_way
02-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Bristol City were garbage. We played ok - certainly our best away performance since Rotherham - yet still lost.

The big mistake was not to try and press for a second goal to kill off a team severely lacking in confidence. That and the manager's loyalty to a goalkeeper who will not come for crosses and fails to dominate the six yard box. Or maybe Bouzanis is even worse than Fleming?

dcblue
03-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Bristol City having won only 5 games all season and 2 of them against us says it all...

Someone like Livesey sent out on loan because we have an Edwards who sits on the bench, he was more us at Brentord sat in the stand...

Sadly Abbott pissed away the budget so that is what Kavanagh is left to deal with...

A sad day when a loanee prefers that high flying well supported big budget team that is closer geographcally to Manchester i.e. Yeovil Town to us... guess all they offer is a relegation fight in the Championship rather than League 1

BOBATON
03-02-2014, 11:55 PM
I should have qualified my comment above - I agree we are relying too much on 19 and 20 year olds but I don't think we will go down but I do think there is more danger of that happening now than just prior to the transfer deadline.

my_blue_way
04-02-2014, 04:09 PM
It would be great if we could have signed some experienced players like for example Leyton Orient have done with Chris Dagnall or Preston with Craig Davies. But that's sadly not within our means.

Agreed it's a risky strategy relying on youngsters, but I think on Saturday Ekangamene and Drennan contributed far more than experienced wasters we have/had like Lewis Guy and Prince Buaben. Unfortunately, that's the sort of "experience" we've been able to attract over recent months. News that Paul Reid is on trial shows how desperate things are.

Time will tell, but there are big problems and I wish I had your confidence (Bobaton) that we won't go down.