PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Watford

DanRrr
02-02-2014, 04:36 PM
It's looking like one result this weekend may go our way. Watfor leading Brighton 2-0 on 75 mins :O

We may stay 8th!!

backofthenet
02-02-2014, 04:42 PM
I didn't realise they played today.

That would be a good result!!

DanRrr
02-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Indeed it would. Would be even better if Yeovil can grab a scabby equaliser again Florest. :O

backofthenet
02-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Well, forest win.

Our game against reading is a must win if we are to keep our hopes alive.

Unfortunately they seem to be peaking right now.

Howie5o
02-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Well, forest win.

Our game against reading is a must win if we are to keep our hopes alive.

Unfortunately they seem to be peaking right now.

Just need to stay on their coat tails ..18 games yet ..hopefully we ll peak in the last ten games ..always one team that sneaks in at the death :)

As for Forest and Derby ..they re looking good ..infact if i was Burnley id be looking over my shoulder instead of looking up at Leicester and QPR ..

DanRrr
02-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Yep, still a long way to go Howie. Looking at the table, there's a lot in the mix, even Weeds go ahead of us on goal difference if they win their game in hand, Wigan have 2 games in hand over us and are only 2 points behind and Brighton 1 game in hand and 3 points behind us as well.

Loads of teams all playing for the same thing. It's going to be a mad time whilst those 19 games dwindle.

Stan_van_nel
03-02-2014, 08:50 PM
As for Forest and Derby ..they re looking good ..infact if i was Burnley id be looking over my shoulder instead of looking up at Leicester and QPR ..

We don't look in either direction, it's one game at a time for us.

It would be silly to look over our shoulder when in 3rd place though. You may as well look at 6th position rather than 4th or 5th, if you are looking behind you.

DanRrr
03-02-2014, 08:53 PM
At moment Stn I do, because our current league position isn't cemented. If yours wasn't, you'd look too :P

Stan_van_nel
03-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Howie's talking about us though.

If we are looking in any direction then it has to be up rather than down.

Howie5o
03-02-2014, 08:58 PM

It would be silly to look over our shoulder when in 3rd place though. You may as well look at 6th position rather than 4th or 5th, if you are looking behind you.[/quote]

not really ..Burnley fans seem to be going on about catching QPR for 2nd ..yet both could quite easliy be overtaken by Forest/Derby who are in a better run of form than Burnley at the mo..as seen by how many points they closed up on Burnley in the last month ..anyways you cant finish 6th ..thats Rovers !;D

Stan_van_nel
03-02-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't think folk are understanding the crack here.

If you finish in 3rd at the end of the season then the outcome is no different to finishing in 6th position.

So if Burnley fans are looking in any direction then it has to be/will be up, due to it being a very different outcome finishing in 2nd place.

DarwenBlue1969
03-02-2014, 09:07 PM

It would be silly to look over our shoulder when in 3rd place though. You may as well look at 6th position rather than 4th or 5th, if you are looking behind you.[/quote]

not really ..Burnley fans seem to be going on about catching QPR for 2nd ..yet both could quite easliy be overtaken by Forest/Derby who are in a better run of form than Burnley at the mo..as seen by how many points they closed up on Burnley in the last month ..anyways you cant finish 6th ..thats Rovers !;D[/quote]

Only seen "that lot" play twice this season.

1/ Against us not very impressive maybe just shaded it but probably 1 1 fair result.

2/ Agai

Howie5o
03-02-2014, 09:08 PM

If you finish in 3rd at the end of the season then the outcome is no different to finishing in 6th position.

So if Burnley fans are looking in any direction then it has to be/will be up, due to it being a very different outcome finishing in 2nd place.

Stan living in Accy and working in Burnley ..the dingle s are still harping on about catching QPR ..what im saying is thats ok ..but if Burnley ./QPR carry on with their form at the moment ..neither will be finishing second if either Forest/Derby continue theirs ..

edit ..i do understand the concept of the play offs :P ..but im on about finishing 2nd

DarwenBlue1969
03-02-2014, 09:11 PM

Stan living in Accy and working in Burnley ..the dingle s are still harping on about catching QPR ..what im saying is thats ok ..but if Burnley ./QPR carry on with their form at the moment ..neither will be finishing second if either Forest/Derby continue theirs ..[/quote]

WTF This new Footymad is bobbins. :?

Stan_van_nel
03-02-2014, 09:16 PM

Stan living in Accy and working in Burnley ..the dingle s are still harping on about catching QPR ..what im saying is thats ok ..but if Burnley ./QPR carry on with their form at the moment ..neither will be finishing second if either Forest/Derby continue theirs ..[/quote]

They do right though Howie.

If you consider us taking 4 points off QPR, not losing to any of the top six teams, only one defeat in the last eleven games and having absolutely no luck for the last two months... then the Clarets in Accy do right to be looking up and talking of catching QPR.

The manager, team and

champs95
03-02-2014, 09:19 PM

To me,i if you finished 3rd, it's about what form you are in at that exact time in the season. If the 6th placed team sneaks in, but has been in great form to get in that position. They can often be in the driving seat as opposed to the team who finished 3rd just missed out on auto promotion. Or they've been guaranteed a play off place for weeks to spare and have coasted the last few matches.

Howie5o
03-02-2014, 09:22 PM

They do right though Howie.

If you consider us taking 4 points off QPR, not losing to any of the top six teams, only one defeat in the last eleven games and having absolutely no luck for the last two months... then the Clarets in Accy do right to be looking up an

Stan_van_nel
03-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Current form reads won 2 drawn 3 lost 0 and being the better side in all of them games.

We'll take that and not worry about the teams managed by the Wally with the Brolly and the Poisoned Dwarf.

Howie5o
03-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Current form reads won 2 drawn 3 lost 0 and being the better side in all of them games.

As Brucie says Stan ..Points mean prizes...! ;D

Stan_van_nel
03-02-2014, 10:24 PM

That's right Howie.

As it stands we have more points than 21 other clubs in this division.

How's that for form? B)

alfinyalcabo
03-02-2014, 10:36 PM

That's right Howie.

As it stands we have more points than 21 other clubs in this division.

How's that for form? B)[/quote]

top notch .. :star: