PDA

View Full Version : Steve Coppell

bigspoons
02-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Can you help, mate ? PLEASE

bluekite
02-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Good point Spoons... what has become of SC, I thought that he was part of a double act with RB.
He certainly is keeping well out of the limelight, not a word to the media (unless I have missed it).
Presumably he has some input into the club, his managerial experience ought to be steering RB in the right direction ? :? :?

Corkhead
03-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Given all the bile being thrown at Barker after just a couple of months in the job and one bad result I should imagine he is keeping his head well and truly below the parapet. Sensible chap imo.

gosport
03-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Coppell will be gone before the end of the season . he has got previous walking out on city. palace and reading

pompeygun
03-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Given all the bile being thrown at Barker after just a couple of months in the job and one bad result I should imagine he is keeping his head well and truly below the parapet. Sensible chap imo.

Is it just one bad performance though, mansfield was pathetic as well except for the last 20mins. 0-0 @ home to Northampton etc..

bluekriss66
10-02-2014, 09:16 AM
SOS Steve Coppell..:(

dsmg
10-02-2014, 01:49 PM

One bad result Corky??? One good result more like and that was a non-existent penalty and a disallowed goal for them which could easily have stood. I agree we deffo shouldn't throw the toys out of the pram but the problem is that we don't really have time and he's had 11 games with only two wins to show for it. We have tightened up at the back no doubt but we are scoring less and in fact his points/game record is worse than Guy's and it's all about results at the moment. Having said that I'm right behind him as I always am with every Pompey manager even if some of them are coooooooonnnts!
PUP

Corkhead
10-02-2014, 03:00 PM
If we were in the relegation places and playing badly in every game I might accept the vitriol that is going in Barker's direction. We have been doing well away from home recently and with some luck could be a lot better off. The teams below us have to play each other and will not win all their games in hand anyway. What was almost universally agreed when he arrived was he inherited a poor squad. From what I can see he is doing his best to sort it out in double quick time whilst copping awful flak in the process. He is even being pilloried as to what he wears during matches on other boards - as if that has anything to do with it. And we wonder why nobody wants the job.

I know the football has been crap this season, I have driven enough miles to see it myself. But it is where we are as a club at the present moment so maybe we should give the bloke the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer. A win on Saturday changes everything.