PDA

View Full Version : trouble against barnsley

adamwawaw
03-02-2014, 12:21 PM
is the only me who saw feck all ?, i was on tram to town on way back and their fans were all surrounded by police...thats all i saw because i live a bit away.

Rotherhamowl10
03-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Seen the thread on Owlstalk and apparently a 13 year old lad was hit by a Barnsley 'fan', but the Barnsley fans who saw the incident actually reported him to the police and he was arrested.

I come out of the North stand exit at the leppings lane end and it was rather hostile, mainly down to SYP deploying that stupid wall which makes everyone meet at a certain point.

I walked up to Hillsborough corner and had a chat about the game with a couple of Barnsley fans, but I think I just timed it right as the police were chasing a number of people down catch bar lane.

The trouble was, you had a group of supporters who are rather excited and still celebrating winning the match in the last minute, walking side by side another group of supporters who are rather angry at losing in the last minute. some people can control their emotions, some let them take over and it results in the odd punch up - between people you would never expect.

The only way to avoid it? more police between the tram stop

braggyowl
03-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Didn't see one ounce of trouble tbh.
We walked back along Pen!stone Road and to the corner of Halifax road...All we saw were Barnsley fans with their heads down as if they'd just lost a cup final,(well they had really.
Obviously if owt did happen is was a few hundred yards away from us towards the Lepps.

braggyowl
03-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Just to add..And back to the match...I thought the Barnsley fans were spot on in the Leppings...Very vocal and got right behind their team to the very end.

Well done dingles but you've really gotta give over with that Dee Dar chant..It's getting proper cringeworthy now haha. :D

Romared
03-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Just to add..And back to the match...I thought the Barnsley fans were spot on in the Leppings...Very vocal and got right behind their team to the very end.

Well done dingles but you've really gotta give over with that Dee Dar chant..It's getting proper cringeworthy now haha. :Dyou love it ! Like we do feed worriva ;D good banter , always going to be an arsoyle on either side , good luck , and don't forget to get behind us in times of need ? Bests wishes to Rosie , and hardman , and who could forget our bellend ? A lovely lad born int tarn ? And all other posters decent posters on your board , keep it clean keep it Yorkshire :D ps leppings lane end should be knocked down now ? It's dated and STILL dangerous, needs a revamp and I'm not being funny but somebody else will die in there soon ! I know it's not a problem for you , but your club seriously needs to look at this problem , ciao ROMA .