PDA

View Full Version : Benefit theft in Southampton

Prinz_Eugen
03-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Last year, Southampton City Council prevented 1.6 million pounds being paid to benefit fraudsters. Vile, disgusting little benefit cheats. I wonder how much benefit fraud goes undetected, to pay for plasma TVs whilst the frail, disabled and elderly die of hypothermia? I wonder how many of these vermin support SFC , using the money to pay for tickets? Truly shocking.

PapaLazarou
03-02-2014, 12:46 PM
You are right, cheating the benefit system is morally reprehensible and should be widely and publicly criticised.

I'm sure you agree that full credit must go to Southampton City Council for recognising the problem and taking decisive steps to address it.

I think you'll also find that the abusers will receive nothing but widespread condemnation from the posters on this board.

CostaBaz
03-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Have to agree with Papa.

Just wondering how much benefit theft goes undetected in other towns and cities, across the UK? :?

Or maybe PE has raised this topic because he thinks it only happens in Southampton? ;D

chief_wiggam
03-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Have to say that the couple that lives opposite me have never worked since they moved in about 5 years ago.
Taxi's to Asda every Monday and coming back with bags and bags of groceries, a 10 plate Mondeo on the drive, 3 dogs and I think 2 holiday fortnights away every year.
I've seen him and his 10 year old son leaving the house with Saints shirts on on more than one Saturday matchday.
They both got a visit at the start of December and the rumour is that they are both in court at the end of this month.

I hope they are dealt with severely.

Grannie64
03-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Fully agree with everyone else and finally a council working hard to prevent this.. Saw a report in one of the red tops of someone using an emergency/hardship loan to help pay for their Manure season ticket.
My daughters boyfriend has just started his first job at 20 after being let down by the system from the age of 13.
Biggest problem is many have used loop holes within the system to their own benefit, and will continue to do so until the loop holes are closed.
After years of working in Portsmyth, it's clearly occurring there. I wonder if Fritz will find the ability to condemn those as well.

OhWell
03-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Glad to see that Portsmouth City Council is following their example. The good thing is, of course, that not many of them will support Portsmouth FC, as the club has so few fans in the city. Let's hope they are catching the benefit fraudsters in Petersfield: - view external link (http://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/living/7954.html)

Dirtyweasel
03-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Or maybe PE has raised this topic because he thinks it only happens in Southampton? ;D

A more plausible explanation would be that Heinz has had direct experience of cheating the benefits system so feels qualified to discuss.

PapaLazarou
03-02-2014, 04:31 PM
On the thorny subject of manipulation of the benefit system for selfish ends, does anyone know how the 'Workfare' scheme is progressing at Fortress Tesco ?

Dirtyweasel
03-02-2014, 04:34 PM
On the thorny subject of manipulation of the benefit system for selfish ends, does anyone know how the 'Workfare' scheme is progressing at Fortress Tesco ?

I'm sure Heinz will know, one way or the other.

edit : Not that Heinz will need it, but for those of you not familiar with the Workfare scheme, and po**ey's abuse of it, the attached makes for an interesting read. - view external link (http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?p=2913)

OhWell
03-02-2014, 05:26 PM
To be fair, many of their fans are not happy with the way the new owners are running their club: - view external link (http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=534979)

PapaLazarou
03-02-2014, 06:15 PM
The peasants are revolting...

Also interesting to see how PDT board members use social media to engage with the community by referring to people as 'dins' because they have the audacity to question the PDT, its motivation and its decisions.

#tinpot

reserves67
03-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Benefit cheats Rife in scum DAILY ECHO reports.

Mum failed to reveal relationship with lorry driver lover

6:00am Monday 7th October 2013 in News
Daily Echo: Webb and Dalton Webb and Dalton

A MOTHER-OF-TWO is today in jail for fraudulently claiming more than AŁ60,000 in benefits after failing to declare she was living with her lorry driving lover.

Alison Webb admitted that despite being aware of the change in law that led to same *** couples being treated the same as hetero***ual couples, she did nothing to notify benefit bosses that she was living with her partner, who was working.

Her partner, Nicola Dolton, narrowly escaped joining her behind bars after pleading guilty to cheating the system out of more than AŁ16,000 for claiming disability benefits when she was in fact working as a lorry driver.

The 43-year-old was left weeping in the dock at Southampton Crown Court as her partner of 12 years was led away to begin her six-month sentence in prison for three charges relating to

ozzy62
03-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Good find R67

Hopefully the next sh!t the slag does has prickles in it.

reserves67
04-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Good find R67

Actually you are spot on Ozzy. Regardless of skate background or stains, i hope the fraudulent bast'ds get heavier sentences than this. :blue:

chiswickmart
05-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Not a good story for the men of Southampton though that a hetero***ual woman chose to run off with some lesbian lorry driver!! ;D

kernow
05-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Hetero***ual and lesbian are mutually exclusive ***ual tendencies in a person, are they not !?

It speaks favourably that men choose to avoid such an individual.

chiswickmart
05-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Hetero***ual and lesbian are mutually exclusive ***ual tendencies in a person, are they not !?

It speaks favourably that men choose to avoid such an individual.

Well they didn't avoid her that much seeing as she's got 2 kids.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mgtl7c.jpg

kernow
05-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Turkey basteds ?!

chiswickmart
05-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Turkey basteds ?!

You suggesting that kebab sellers are illegitimate?

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mgtl7c.jpg

proclaimer
07-02-2014, 08:15 PM
You are right, cheating the benefit system is morally reprehensible and should be widely and publicly criticised.

Or have a whole number of TV shows and daytime TV chat shows. :(

BileysThere
07-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Good find R67

You would probably eat it moron.