PDA

View Full Version : FFP - Pot Calling Kettle?

Rattea
03-02-2014, 12:57 PM
FFP love it or hate it when Chelsea are moaning about Man City after the years of them outspending everyone ... that must be the height of hypocracy?

Then thinking further how can other clubs compete even with Chelsea?

I'm not sure Mourinho has any grounds to even comment on this!!!! - view external link (http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9148301/Jose-Mourinho-issues-FFP-warning-ahead-of-Manchester-City-clash)

triz
03-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Yh its almost like forest fans raging in disgust at man utd paying rooney a small fortune

gardsPNE
03-02-2014, 02:03 PM
FFP love it or hate it when Chelsea are moaning about Man City after the years of them outspending everyone ... that must be the height of hypocracy?

I'm not sure Mourinho has any grounds to even comment on this!!!!

The guy might be a great manager but i wish he would keep his trap shut sometimes. Sky sports news did an article this morning and... wait for it Chelsea this season spent 106,000,000 and City 92,000,000. So Rattea you are absolutely spot on.

Trickytreesreds
03-02-2014, 02:37 PM

I'm not sure Mourinho has any grounds to even comment on this!!!!

The guy might be a great manager but i wish he would keep his trap shut sometimes. Sky sports news did an article this morning and... wait for it Chelsea this season spent 106,000,000 and City 92,000,000. So Rattea you are absolutely spot on.[/quote]

The Ratt is only spot on in here, when the faithful have their blinkers on and choose to listen only when it suits. This comment will be accepted no problem.
Try saying Derby aren't good enough for automatic because like Ratty says, they cannot beat the top 6 regularly and they go berserk.
Be careful who you side with gards, you could end up as fodder.

Akwesasne
03-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Yh its almost like forest fans raging in disgust at man utd paying rooney a small fortune

I suppose the likes of Cheltenham and Yeovil go on about Derby. Big fleas have little fleas and so ad infinitum.

gardsPNE
03-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Tricky - i am not siding with anybody so dont you worry, i am acknowledging Rattea comments on that idiot moronio ;D

Mickleover_Ram
03-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Its true, small clubs moan about bigger clubs and those clubs moan about even bigger clubs etc

Gaspode
03-02-2014, 03:52 PM
it's not hypocrisy, it's just Mourinho stirring before an important game - any little bit of added pressure on Man City might be enough to swing things in Chelsea's favour...
having said that, there should be a number of the big spenders getting a little worried if FFP is enforced fully - though the trouble is that they all know a Champions League without the big teams in it won't attract the TV money so the football authorities will bottle it before throwing any of them out...

SlimyLimey
03-02-2014, 04:00 PM
The fair play rules are becoming a farce. nothing has changed, & while we have billionaires pumping money in the rich will get richer & the poor will fall by the wayside. In fact the English game itself is becoming farcical. The money Sky invests also adds to the problem... Is there an answer?

gardsPNE
03-02-2014, 04:18 PM
The fair play rules are becoming a farce. nothing has changed, & while we have billionaires pumping money in the rich will get richer & the poor will fall by the wayside. In fact the English game itself is becoming farcical. The money Sky invests also adds to the problem... Is there an answer?

Yes stop Johnny Foreigner investing in our clubs and cap the ridiculous wages. In this day and age with the country the way it is and people either having pay freezes and or losing their jobs footballers are taking their salaries to another level which is just embarrasing and morally wrong. Sorry rant over...:/

Well thats a starter for 10

triz
03-02-2014, 04:27 PM

I suppose the likes of Cheltenham and Yeovil go on about Derby. Big fleas have little fleas and so ad infinitum.[/quote]

My point is, if you want to pay well beyond your means and then gloat about it, don't get sand in your vagina about rooney earning a paket. Pure hypocrisy.

southernram22
03-02-2014, 04:59 PM
why don't you post on your own board basie oh I forgot they banned you so you come on here as awks to become a irritation like your fleas.?

Rapid
03-02-2014, 05:04 PM
brace yourself everyone...I agree with the rat :-O

KeeptheCityGround
03-02-2014, 05:50 PM

Or like DCFC paying Tom Glick to get the FFP ball rolling because GSE ain't interested in putting any investment in. Then Mr Glick effs off to Man City! Talk of hypocrisy.

Trickytreesreds
03-02-2014, 06:02 PM

Or like DCFC paying Tom Glick to get the FFP ball rolling because GSE ain't interested in putting any investment in. Then Mr Glick effs off to Man City! Talk of hypocrisy.[/quote]

Damn you Sir, for details like this.

eamonnram
03-02-2014, 06:26 PM

Or like DCFC paying Tom Glick to get the FFP ball rolling because GSE ain't interested in putting any investment in. Then Mr Glick effs off to Man City! Talk of hypocrisy.

Have to agree with you on this one sir!!

chili756
03-02-2014, 07:00 PM
There have been plenty of home games, where after the match I have taken my son down to the away fans coach, and he has had a quick photo or an autograph. Usually empty, maybe a couple of dozen fans at most.

Tried this for the Chelsea match, I even left a few minutes early to try and get a good spot. Within 5 minutes of the end it was rammed and we were squashed, the mass hysteria from a few was embarrassing, pushing, shoving and nobody giving an inch, I pushed myself away with my lad, laughing. This is what football has become, faces I have never seen, all brandishing Chelsea pictures etc. Most of these "fans" love the celebrity of it, rather than the actual football. Gets right up my nose, and is why I prefer the championship, at least in the most it still retains some honesty. However this is quickly being demolished by the likes of QPR, trying to buy big to get out.

FFP will never work for the larger clubs, like as already mentioned, UEFA would rather see the bigs in, then l

triz
03-02-2014, 08:40 PM

Or like DCFC paying Tom Glick to get the FFP ball rolling because GSE ain't interested in putting any investment in. Then Mr Glick effs off to Man City! Talk of hypocrisy.[/quote]

ermm actually its nothing like that, you are just trying to shoehorn a point in to save face

dam617
03-02-2014, 08:43 PM

Triz, nutmegged.

As we speak he's cursing himself for scoring such an own goal - his own fault for needing to (tenuously) drag Forest into it again.
I'm sure his noggin is working overtime to try and think of a comeback.

Edit. Didn't take you long :D

You'll have to try harder than that :P

triz
03-02-2014, 08:54 PM
ooh looks like you nutmegged yourself sweetheart, jumping in too soon (and from a red dog, who would've thought XD ). This tenuous point that KTCG has brought up has absolutely nothing to do with my original point of red dogs crying about rooneys wages and simultaneously boasting about there own over spending, and is just shoehorned in so that he can have any sort of response...so i think its you lot that must try harder, so chill before you cream your pants love B)

ps: not all of us were glicks bum buddies...mentioning nos again XD

Rattea
03-02-2014, 11:08 PM

You mean the same Tom Glick that went to Man City under the public statement about the sterling job hed done at Derby and being the man to help them get their financed back in order by increasing commercial revenue ... and hence to fit in with FFP :O - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18256377)

Ramondo
04-02-2014, 12:05 AM
FFP is one of those instances where people are mostly blinkered to suit their own circumstances.

Firstly, FFP will only work if clubs want it. Those clubs that do either don't have the resources to compete with the big spenders or (in our case) don't have the desire to put in those resources.

However, whilst there are billionaire owners who wish to commit funds well beyond the level that their clubs can afford through their own revenue then the system will fail. For every failure and subsequent financial meltdown, there will be others to take their place.

But because money is the only way of challenging in the league (especially the premier league) then most fans who's clubs are pumping the money in will find ways of justifying it, whilst fans of the other clubs left behind will support the principles of FFP. If roles were reversed then so would the attitudes.

It is the way of things.

Personally, the obscene money paid to players for kicking a ball about and working what would be

triz
04-02-2014, 12:08 AM
I'd say thats a bit more then a nutmeg ratty...hows about this then

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4598479/dennis-bergkamp-amazing-goal-o.gif

Rattea
04-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Hahahahaha and a bit more ;)

Welcome back Ramondo ... not used to good posts that make me think! Its true what you say tho.

Here's one for though. Many on here slated the Florest model of the last few years of loan players and ignore building a backbone of your own players. Me mostly I would say. what concerns me now is we are doing the same and not bringing in our own players which will seriously dilute our foundations. I don't agree with it ... I think we should be investing in our own asserts not developing others to lose at the end of the season and pay for the privilege.

But its interesting how many that slated the last few years are now hailing it as if we are doing something great???

roger_ramjet
06-02-2014, 03:04 PM

Welcome back Ramondo ... not used to good posts that make me think! Its true what you say tho.

Here's one for though. Many on here slated the Florest model of the last few years of loan players and ignore building a backbone of your own players. Me mostly I would say. what concerns me now is we are doing the same and not bringing in our own players which will seriously dilute our foundations. I don't agree with it ... I think we should be investing in our own asserts not developing others to lose at the end of the season and pay for the privilege.

But its interesting how many that slated the last few years are now hailing it as if we are doing something great???

Actually it's not interesting at all.

Fans have always been fickle and always will be

triz
06-02-2014, 03:43 PM

Fans have always been fickle and always will be[/quote]

yh i agree rog...for a football fan to say this is odd imo

[quote]. But I have no interest i

Rapid
06-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Welcome back Ramondo ... not used to good posts that make me think!

that's how ray rolls to be fair.

Rattea
06-02-2014, 05:18 PM

yh i agree rog...for a football fan to say this is o

Fletch_11
06-02-2014, 06:31 PM

yh i agr

Gift_of_the_Gabb
06-02-2014, 06:34 PM
There are teams out there that have had the audacity to loan 4 players, yes you heard me four loans, whilst keeping the core of their squad, it's scandalous I tell ya.

This boom and bust policy will certainly fail and hopefully the appalling Chief executives of these clubs will be sacked and deservedly so.

As the quote and link below confirm, our former management would never ever dream of bringing a boom and bust policy of FOUR loans to the club.

Clough is also keen to make more loan signings to help the Rams push on from their current position in the bottom half of the table.

"I think we would like to keep the three loans we have got until the end of the season so we will be talking to their clubs to see what we can do," he said.

"On top of that, we would like to add two or three fresh loans to what we have. We are trying to bring players in and we have irons in the fire." - [url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/5876144/clough-looking-to-keep-trio]view external l

triz
06-02-2014, 06:58 PM

yh i agr

Ramondo
06-02-2014, 10:43 PM

Fans have always been fi

triz
06-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I see your point i initially misunderstood and thought you were saying you have no interest in watching elite players play at all (not sure what ratty was going on about fickleness for?)maybe we could have some of those elite players at derby again without breaking the club in the future again. We can only hope. I have to say though i'm very glad though that i saw alan shearer and les ferdinand play for instance, even if they did take us to the cleaners.

swaledale
06-02-2014, 11:00 PM
There are teams out there that have had the audacity to loan 4 players, yes you heard me four loans, whilst keeping the core of their squad, it's scandalous I tell ya.

This boom and bust policy will certainly fail and hopefully the appalling Chief executives of these clubs will be sacked and deservedly so.

As the quote and link below confirm, our former management would never ever dream of bringing a boom and bust policy of FOUR loans to the club.

Clough is also keen to make more loan signings to help the Rams push on from their current position in the bottom half of the table.

"I think we would like to keep the three loans we have got until the end of the season so we will be talking to their clubs to see what we can do," he said.

"On top of that, we would like to add two or three fresh loans to what we have. We are trying to bring players in and we have irons in the fire."

I'm afraid your irony will be lost on P

rams01
08-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Or it could be your shower of poo getting billy bull shut back