PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Andrews

maroonie
03-02-2014, 05:41 PM
With the fermers overloaded at centre defence ie Malky, Dods, Faeroe to three, big Marv is way down the pecking order it seems. Worth using our last loan deal to try and bring him in?. Couple of seasons ago he was outstanding against us for Albion Rovers. He would certainly shore up our dodgy centre defence. Downside is the farmers would most likely not let him play against them for us. Unless the boss has someone out of contract lined up, we could do worse than him.

ectolichtie
03-02-2014, 08:03 PM
With the fermers overloaded at centre defence ie Malky, Dods, Faeroe to three, big Marv is way down the pecking order it seems. Worth using our last loan deal to try and bring him in?. Couple of seasons ago he was outstanding against us for Albion Rovers. He would certainly shore up our dodgy centre defence. Downside is the farmers would most likely not let him play against them for us. Unless the boss has someone out of contract lined up, we could do worse than him.

Surely this is not an option, not for me

AFC1320
04-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Good shout maroonie, I suggested we went for him pre-season as Andrews is probably one of the top 6 commanding headers of a ball in this league, a while ago he got mom against Rangers for Emmerdale for his ariel dominance and that is something we require strengthening on that side of the game (although Nicoll and McIntosh has added to that area) and who cares about his age as our young defenders would learn off him and Keddie.
Surprised that we never went for him until the end of the season as the Fermers are overloaded for central defenders.

steeplejack
04-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Think about what your saying, if Marvin Andrews cant get a game for Forfar why would we want him at Gayfield, is that the best we can do? Is that honestly what its come to?

Not good enough for Forfar, DEFINATLY not good enough for Arbroath

SassenachSteve10
04-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Here here>:(

JoseMarooniho
04-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Think about what your saying, if Marvin Andrews cant get a game for Forfar why would we want him at Gayfield, is that the best we can do? Is that honestly what its come to?

I'm not sure about Marv but as a general rule if D1ck Campbell doesn't rate a player he's probably pretty good.

ectolichtie
04-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Marv has had more comebacks than Graham Bayne, could breakdown at any time

maroonie
04-02-2014, 10:47 PM

Surely big Marv if he was available is better than the alternative at the moment which is nobody. Also McManus is ex Forfar, is he good enough for us then?

Mr_Refhater
05-02-2014, 12:52 AM
A commanding central presence and wins the majority of balls in the air. Certainly many plus points, but I suspect susceptible to pacey forwards?..

Worth a shout if nothing else is available.