PDA

View Full Version : Just seen the lowlights

dsmg
04-02-2014, 07:02 AM
That was a definite penalty. The guy has raised his elbow to stop the ball chipped into the box by Pat. I remember one against us a couple of years when the ball was blasted at Mullins from a yard and it hit his arm which was by his side and it was given. Referees are so inconsistent and they're always against us :O
Seriously, we need to buck up very soon . It's true that it's very tight with six points separating 11 teams but others have games in hand and without wins there's only one way we're going and it ain't upwards. I hope the faithful continue to turn up as the end of the season could get very nasty.

City_View
04-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Mullins sent off too. Same referee!! See other thread I initiated.

PompeyScarf
04-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Referees are so inconsistent and they're always against us :O

That's not true - the penalty at Wycombe was as soft as for one thing.

dsmg
04-02-2014, 09:51 AM
I was being ironic Scarf, hence the silly smiley. Our pen at Wycombe was as soft as they come, I know, what goes around comes around. I'm just pointing out the inconsistency of refs.

lovedeanblue
04-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Old stagers like me will remember Martin Bodenham. Originally from West Sus***, later of Cornwall we never owt from him as they say. Everton fans still moan about Clive Thomas, it happens. Some refs would have given the "disallowed goal" in injury time at Wycombe. We were nowhere near good enough Saturday and RB has to accept responsibility too. If we don't start winning at home the Conference beckons. :blue:

EnfieldBlue
04-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Never a penalty if you ask me. The guy is one yard away - how can he 'deliberately' handle the ball when he's trying to block the cross with his feet? And we all know how bad men are at multi-tasking... ;D

I'd like to see a rule change so that if you gain an advantage by the ball striking the arm/hand, it's a free-kick/penalty. If that was the case, it would've been a definite pen!

PompeyScarf
04-02-2014, 03:03 PM
I was being ironic Scarf, hence the silly smiley. Our pen at Wycombe was as soft as they come, I know, what goes around comes around. I'm just pointing out the inconsistency of refs.

Aha. Nothing changes with refs.

I wonder if we're any closer to goal line technology being used in games yet.

midhurstblue
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
There will always be disputed penalty shouts, which depend on the refs. view of the incident. I think that all of the refs in league 2 are probably non biased, but they just are not very good.